Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1408102 times)

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r1
« Reply #2280 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:15 am »

I tried using the DFusion Embark Anywhere tool, and it just crashes my game. It doesn't give me a message or anything, just crashes it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 27, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »

is there a command to unhide missing dwarf bodies?

I have three that died, became ghost and got memorialized, but I'm curious as where it happened because I've sent my woodchopper to clean trees everywhere from caverns to mountains and they did not found any body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can find those under corpses in the stocks screen.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 28, 2012, 06:58:21 am »

Good news, everyone!

After much rigamarole and trying various options, we finally have a build of DFHack for Mac OS X that should work for most people.

You can get it here for now.

Please try it out, and let us know if it works for you.

Returning to DF after a long hiatus, this is ... like ... the best news EVER!   :)

This build works fine for me (MBPro with 10.7.4)

Works great on Mountain Lion for me. One quick question, There is no stonesense, was this removed/separate/or not available on mac? Thanks for all you guys do!

edit:
woops don't know why I did that. Thanks, also love your avatar. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:59:36 am by zenerbufen »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2283 on: August 28, 2012, 10:15:20 am »

Good news, everyone!

After much rigamarole and trying various options, we finally have a build of DFHack for Mac OS X that should work for most people.

Returning to DF after a long hiatus, this is ... like ... the best news EVER!   :)

Works great on Mountain Lion for me. One quick question, There is no stonesense, was the removed/separate/or not available on mac? Thanks for all you guys do!
Fixed that for you - you're supposed to put your comments outside of everyone else's quotes, otherwise your post doesn't make any sense.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DoctorOr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 29, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

I am trying to check the status of some eggs. 
When I try this:
Code: [Select]
printall(item.unk_cc)I get
Code: [Select]
--------------------unk_cc
anon_1                   = -1
anon_2                   = -1
anon_3                   = -1
anon_4                   = -1
anon_5                   = -1
anon_6                   = -1
anon_7                   = 0

Across many eggs only anon_7 changes from 0 to -1.

After a bit of testing, only eggs with anon_7 == -1 hatch.

I was curious about this so I did some poking, and the above statement is definitely not true. I've observed hatching regardless of the state of anon_7 and also failed hatchings regardless of its state.

What I have discovered is that egglayers are treated by the game much as mammals. If the mother is "pregnant", with a complete relations.pregnancy_ptr and a set relations.pregnancy_timer when she lays the eggs, and then remains on the eggs, the eggs will hatch at the end of that pregnancy_timer.

Using DFusions "make pet pregnant" code directly fails, because it sets the timer to only 10 ticks. The timer must remain above zero for the three months of hatching. A _ptr must exist at the time of egg laying, and the timer must be above 0 when its time to hatch.

To accomplish parthenogenesis, create a pregnancy_ptr like dfusion does - you can even use the dfusion tool - and then set the timer to something higher than 10000

You can probably reduce the time to near instant by increasing the .age of the egg item, but I haven't tried this.

Mothers get "pregnant" regardless of the availability of a nest box, but having a box and laying eggs before getting pregnant means the eggs won't ever hatch.

Letting the timer run down to 0 with no nest box sometimes "breaks" the bird, who will never get pregnant again. Other times they just get re-pregnant.  You can move a bird, away from a nest box and back again and still have a hatching, so long as the bird is back before the time to hatch.  You can also change the number of eggs, and all will hatch.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 30, 2012, 09:33:56 pm »

How did you manage to do the fix for bringing back the human and elves diplomats? I thought the only way to do this was by adding the tags to the entity file and that always required a regen, but by using the command in dfhack you get them on an ongoing fort?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2286 on: August 30, 2012, 09:58:26 pm »

How did you manage to do the fix for bringing back the human and elves diplomats? I thought the only way to do this was by adding the tags to the entity file and that always required a regen, but by using the command in dfhack you get them on an ongoing fort?
Simple - I dug through DF's code in a disassembler until I found the part that took the position definitions in the raws (which are used as templates during worldgen) and actually instantiated them within each individual civilization (i.e. part of the worldgen code for creating new entities), then I wrote a DFHack plugin to create those same structures and add them to each entity during actual gameplay. It took several tries to get it right, mainly because it took a while for me to find all of the necessary structures (there's entity_position_raw within entity raws, entity_position within historical_entity, and also entity_position_assignment within the same entity) and figure out how they all worked.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50:40 am »

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:32 am »

Good news, everyone!

Works great on Mountain Lion for me. One quick question, There is no stonesense, was this removed/separate/or not available on mac? Thanks for all you guys do!

edit:
woops don't know why I did that. Thanks, also love your avatar. :)

Works great for me on an iMac with 10.7.4. Thanks so much for this; every DF tool I use is now Mac-native!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2289 on: August 31, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »

Simple
:-\
Perhaps a better term would've been "straightforward" - once you figure out how the game does something (in this case, creating a new position during worldgen, whether from the raws, from a parent civ, or from a historical figure creating a special position such as "law-maker" or "master" from scratch), duplicating that logic within DFHack is just a matter of allocating memory, filling in the appropriate values, and inserting that memory correctly into Dwarf Fortress's own data structures.

If you want to see how it's actually done, look at the source code for the plugin itself.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: September 01, 2012, 09:17:43 am »

Lately I've had a few false positives (I asume they where) with MSE , the culprints are the .exe (dfunreveal , dfvdig ) , but since I also recently had a nasty infection I put them in Quarantine to be sure untill I had time to test a new version of Dfhack and compare the files.

Anyone else run into their AV flagging these as false positives? Right now they where flagged as : Backdoor: Win32 / Bisar!rts   

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: September 01, 2012, 11:27:15 am »

You are using a very very old-ass version of DFhack.

the new version does not have this issue.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2292 on: September 01, 2012, 01:39:32 pm »

You're also running an old version of DF itself - the last version of DF supported by that old DFHack was v0.31.25.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: September 01, 2012, 04:58:36 pm »

You're indeed right.
Seems I didn't read the entire MSE log, there it said clearly 31.25 so the version I'm currently using is definitely not reporting that problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

( I tend to keep older versions of Dwarf Fortress and Dfhack in their own folders).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: September 01, 2012, 09:23:43 pm »

So do I.

Anyway, yes, the older DFhack version used the same method of talking to DF as many viruses use, which makes them get flagged.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 373