Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388613 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r2
« Reply #2715 on: December 30, 2012, 01:51:01 am »

I have not tried it, but you ought be able to use tiletypes to make tiles out of midair, as long as you're doing it in tile blocks that are allocated. If there was something there (ever), then it'll be fine, otherwise maybe. Unless I'm totally crazy. Save first.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: December 30, 2012, 12:11:30 pm »

Question about makeown:

I used it on a dwarven caravan guard, but he's not listed as a citizen or member of anything (no blue text in his description). I can force him into a squad using DT and he'll follow station orders, but he won't go and train or put on a uniform, or in fact any clothes at all. He was wearing them at one point, but then dropped everything when I forced him into a squad. Removing him from the squad via DT doesn't make him wear anything either.

Is there any way of making him a full member of the fortress, or does makeown only work for making civilians?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2717 on: December 31, 2012, 11:39:37 pm »

I just wanted to report my findings about the coating system.

Already coated weapons cant be coated again. Inorganics can be used for coating, even solid materials. You could theoratically give adamantine a syndrome, coat a weapon with adamantine, and whenever it hits, the syndrome comes into effect. So far as I can tell every hit does trigger. No need to "lodge weapon/ammo in wound".

It is great. I now have weapons that slow the enemy down, ammo that transformes them into sheep, and traps that turn them crazed, so they rip each other apart. I like it. Thanks so much at the dfhack team, for making such possibilities a reality. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 01, 2013, 01:45:23 am »

What kind of syndromes does it trigger? Any? Or Injected / Contact only? Also, how?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2719 on: January 01, 2013, 10:31:19 am »

SYN_CONTACT is enough. All syndromes work, and with can_do_interaction there is really no limit in what you want to achieve. How ? dfhack magic I guess, someone wrote the SPATTER_ADD_ plugin, check the readme and the hack/raw folder.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 01, 2013, 01:08:25 pm »

So stabbing someone with a [SYN_INJECTED] material will work?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2721 on: January 01, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »

No. Stabbing someone with a weapon, ammo or trapcomp coated in a syn_contact material will work. You take any weapon, run the SPATTER_ADD reaction, and coat it with your material. Like I said, have a look at the df readme.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 01, 2013, 07:46:58 pm »

I'm trying to make a plugin but having a bit of trouble... When I call DFHACK_PLUGIN at the start of the file, it gives me this compile error:

error C2065: 'DFHACK_VERSION' : undeclared identifier

I can't see anything different to other plugins in the source so I assume the problem must be somewhere in my project settings, but I can't see where... Can anyone help?

Never mind. It turns out DFHACK_VERSION needs to be defined under Preprocessor Definitions.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 11:31:36 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:21 am »

I've been adding things to autoSyndrome. It can intelligently pass "smart arguments" to a DFHack command (including an lua or ruby script). So if you have a boiling rock syndrome with

Code: [Select]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:someFunction]
[SYN_CLASS:location]
[SYN_CLASS:\LOCATION]
[SYN_CLASS:worker_id]
[SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID]
[SYN_CLASS:\REACTION_INDEX]
[SYN_CLASS:\reaction_index]

then whenever a reaction creates such a rock, it would be equivalent to typing the following into the DFHack console:

Code: [Select]
someFunction location {x} {y} {z} worker_id {worker id} {reaction index} \reaction_index

(curly braces are non-literal: it would put the actual x location of the job instead of {x})

Is there anything else that might be useful to modders, argument-wise? It's fairly easy to add other stuff like that.

smokebubble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 02, 2013, 01:48:15 am »

Is it supposed to enable a tweak more than once?

Every time I start up DF, dfhack enables 2 stable-temp's, 3 fast-heat's, 3 fixed-dimension's with an extra one that couldn't activate, and 2 fast-trade's. The remaining tweaks are only enabled once.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2725 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:13 am »

So stabbing someone with a [SYN_INJECTED] material will work?

No. Stabbing someone with a weapon, ammo or trapcomp coated in a syn_contact material will work.
Actually, [SYN_INJECTED] will work, because that's what subterranean animal peoples use (they coat their blowdarts with venom, and most types of venom are only dangerous when injected).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 02, 2013, 11:55:28 am »

A note on using tyletypes to generate walls, etc. in mid-air.  It works.  BUT, make sure that if you make something that would have a floor above it (like a wall) you then follow up by ACTUALLY PLACING that floor on the Z-level above.  Else, weird stuff happens.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2727 on: January 02, 2013, 12:33:13 pm »

Is it possible by dfhack to limit a reaction and/or workshop to a certain skill level ?

Example: Reaction: Masterful ultra epic dwarven weapons made of material supersteel. Can only be run by a legendary weaponsmith.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 02, 2013, 01:30:12 pm »

Well, you can already arbitrarily limit a workshop with the manager profile, but that's not what you're after.

Is this AutoSyndrome available yet?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:28:28 pm by HugoLuman »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 02, 2013, 03:38:04 pm »

AutoSyndrome basically can't be released as an individual plugin, because it depends on other recent stuff. It'll have to wait until the next release.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 373