Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1396460 times)

jthill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3870 on: May 28, 2013, 09:22:13 pm »

it is just slaughtering everything ... Can someone explain what's wrong here?
Perhaps rather than testing the attributes, print them.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: May 28, 2013, 09:47:24 pm »

it is just slaughtering everything ... Can someone explain what's wrong here?
Perhaps rather than testing the attributes, print them.

Eugh. Such a good idea. Thank you. I should've thought of this...

Okay. Turns out it's fine, just most units are under 1200 strength unless "muscular". A fat horse is 1186 whilst a muscular peachick is 1400ish. I think I'll just make it check for either muscular OR fat and then kill off units that are neither.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:56:03 pm by CriticallyAshamed »

Wynflaed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 28, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »

I'm using the DFHack that comes with the latest version of Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.  Anyway, DFusion seems to be bugged.  I can't use the 1st option, and keep getting this error:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What on earth is going on here?

(I'm aiming to use DFusion to increase my embark dwarfs for the good of my megaproject, but I can't even get this far...)

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:34 am »

continuing with my pressure plate as a scale tests I found that the pp creature trigger uses unit.body.physical_attr_tissues.STRENGTH (changing this value changes when the pp triggers).  I also noticed that unit.body.physical_attr_tissues.AGILITY seems to always equal blood_max, unless I manually change either of them.

Is physical_attr_tissues linked to a wrong enum?   Does anyone remember why it is named physical_attr_tissues?

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: May 29, 2013, 12:14:14 am »

I'm using the DFHack that comes with the latest version of Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.  Anyway, DFusion seems to be bugged.  I can't use the 1st option, and keep getting this error:

(I'm aiming to use DFusion to increase my embark dwarfs for the good of my megaproject, but I can't even get this far...)

I am uncertain as to what you are trying to do with dfusion there but changing the number of embark dwarfs is currently broken, but according to these previous posts, Warmist posted a script for expanding the number of dwarfs at embark that should be going into the next version.

or use this: https://github.com/jjyg/dfhack/blob/master/scripts/startdwarf.rb
(paste it into startdwarf.rb in scripts dir)

Thanks, I'll try that.

Got it working fine, so thanks again. Is there ant particular reason this isn't already in the... Program, or whatever you call it? And would anyone mind if I added this information to the wiki page so more people can see it?
It's in the next release of it (i think).

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 29, 2013, 12:29:51 am »

Thanks for the answer,

Anyone can help with the engines? I have a huge room with a ton of engines, I really don't want to redesign the whole thing to water reactors.

I have been having...

Yes, I built the gear boxes after the magma steam engine, yes they had enough water/magma.  I had some  partial success by replacing one of the two engine on the gearbox with a normal engine (and then replacing the gearbox).  I was surprised that that allowed the magma version to transfer power too.

What seems to have ultimately worked for me was building the magma engines with iron components (rather than the copper components I was using)

So.. it seems to me that there is a minor bug in the steam engine plugin that either doesn't allow magma steam engines built with copper unsafe materials to provide power during their short lifespan, or that allows them to generate power when a normal steam engine activates the gear.

Thanks, this worked, all-iron steam engines provide the necessary power, could someone maybe make a note in the dfhack readme as the engine itself looks as if its working with unsafe materials but doesn't provide power.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 29, 2013, 01:06:26 am »

Did the dfhack for version 34.07 have support for lua scripts?

yep it can do LUA.

Well, I need to figure out how to get Putnam's itransmission into 34.07, due to a glitch with a surface monster teleporting into the caverns.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: May 29, 2013, 01:27:02 am »

Holy cow!  Behind the game here.  I'm running DFHack on a Mac without an emulator.  That's a development.  Awesome work.

Thanks!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3878 on: May 30, 2013, 04:35:56 am »

So, just lost a dwarf to a strange mood..wanted shells.. I couldn't figure out how to spawn them, seems you can't spawn body parts. I've got a few turtles running around my fort now, but the fishers won't take them from there.
So I couldn't generate a shell in time..
so two questions:
1 - Is it possible to generate a shell in any way?
2 - Is there a script to fix an insane dwarf? (in this case melancholy)

If we have maps without anything to fish and caravans can't bring shells.. we at least need a fighting chance.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: May 30, 2013, 10:48:54 am »

the slayrace script might have worked if you had a turtle highlighted. the turtle would then be brought to the refuse pile and from there to the fishery

Wynflaed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: May 30, 2013, 11:21:43 am »

I am uncertain as to what you are trying to do with dfusion there but changing the number of embark dwarfs is currently broken, but according to these previous posts, Warmist posted a script for expanding the number of dwarfs at embark that should be going into the next version.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Got it working fine, so thanks again. Is there ant particular reason this isn't already in the... Program, or whatever you call it? And would anyone mind if I added this information to the wiki page so more people can see it?

Thanks so much.  I'll try that script and see if it works. 

What I was trying to do with DFusion was just press 1.  As in, I open dwarf fortress/dfhack.  I type "dfusion" and the three-item menu pops up.  I type "1" and I get the error I posted.  No idea why.

EDIT: Can't get it to work.  I always get this error:
Code: [Select]
E: Runtime Error: ./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:5: too low
./hack/scripts/startdwarf.rb:5
(eval):2:in `load'
(eval):2
(eval):2:in `catch'
(eval):2
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:43:12 pm by Wynflaed »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: May 30, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that.

Thanks so much.  I'll try that script and see if it works. 

What I was trying to do with DFusion was just press 1.  As in, I open dwarf fortress/dfhack.  I type "dfusion" and the three-item menu pops up.  I type "1" and I get the error I posted.  No idea why.
oh that's because run save script wasn't really fixed. though I have no idea what that option is used for, though it isn't the embark script or embark anywhere script.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: May 30, 2013, 02:22:17 pm »

So I thought I found out what caused my steam engine problems. However they still seem to make problems. one works now without a hitch, but then I hooked up the others, and they refuse to generate power. They are all iron with basalt blocks, gears attached to the north of the engines, like the first one, but these one refuse to work. Can anyone help me?

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:33 pm »

Did you actually build the gears after the engines? And by build I mean actually have them be completed by the dwarves after the engine, not just designate them to be constructed in that order.

Btw, with gears toggling them with a lever may work as good as deconstructing and rebuilding them from the point of view of connecting to engines. You basically want to force the gear to recompute what it's connected to against an already existing engine, not the other way around, because one of those two possible checks can be hooked, and the other direction cannot.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:14:40 pm by ag »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: May 30, 2013, 03:25:30 pm »

I really, really need to know how to teleport a monster, who's supposed to be on the surface, back up from the caverns. In adventure mode. In 34.07.

Or, how to prevent them spawning in the caverns when I enter their lair. Would setting  the caverns back to "not discovered" work? How would I do that?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 373