Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388554 times)

Wynflaed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #3885 on: May 30, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »

oh that's because run save script wasn't really fixed. though I have no idea what that option is used for, though it isn't the embark script or embark anywhere script.

D'oh!  Just typing "embark" gave me an "offset not found" error, so I assumed I had to do it from within dfusion.  And previous guides said to press "1" (although the menu they were talking about seems to have been veeeery different indeed), so that's what I was doing. 

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:02 pm »

So, just lost a dwarf to a strange mood..wanted shells.. I couldn't figure out how to spawn them, seems you can't spawn body parts. I've got a few turtles running around my fort now, but the fishers won't take them from there.
So I couldn't generate a shell in time..
so two questions:
1 - Is it possible to generate a shell in any way?
2 - Is there a script to fix an insane dwarf? (in this case melancholy)

If we have maps without anything to fish and caravans can't bring shells.. we at least need a fighting chance.

What I have done in the past is add [SHELL] to HORN_TEMPLATE , HOOF_TEMPLATE and CHITIN_TEMPLATE in material_template_default.txt .  If applied mid game, reload and then butcher a new animal.

I suppose that if you wanted to, you can pick a body part item and change material_amount.shell to be greater than 0 or equal to stack size (I am not sure that is enough for it to work though).

What I intend to do in the future for shells is to use a domestic creature mod that adds a shelled creature that can be butchered for its shell and perhaps used for other things.

As for fixing a dwarf who is melancholy, you could try setting unit.mood = -1
Code: (remove_mood) [Select]
dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().mood = -1
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:02:25 pm by Kurik Amudnil »

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3887 on: May 30, 2013, 07:17:50 pm »

the slayrace script might have worked if you had a turtle highlighted. the turtle would then be brought to the refuse pile and from there to the fishery

Will they do that? I thought the turtles needed to be taken live?
What's the conditions for catching a turtle? Must they be in/near the water? There are no fish on the map, so the fishers don't even seem to go to the water. If they went there, I could have spawned the turtles so they'd be around the water.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3888 on: May 30, 2013, 07:43:04 pm »

If you really need to create a shell, here's a method that should work:

1. use the (v)iew cursor and select a unit
2. createitem FISH_RAW POND_TURTLE:MALE
3. process it at a fishery
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: May 30, 2013, 08:33:30 pm »

or use this: https://github.com/jjyg/dfhack/blob/master/scripts/startdwarf.rb
(paste it into startdwarf.rb in scripts dir)

Thanks, I'll try that.

Got it working fine, so thanks again. Is there ant particular reason this isn't already in the... Program, or whatever you call it? And would anyone mind if I added this information to the wiki page so more people can see it?

Hi,

How did you get it working?

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3890 on: May 30, 2013, 08:53:01 pm »

If you really need to create a shell, here's a method that should work:

1. use the (v)iew cursor and select a unit
2. createitem FISH_RAW POND_TURTLE:MALE
3. process it at a fishery

I did that, the turtles just ran around. None of the fishery workers would grab them.
Even with all labours enabled.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3891 on: May 30, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »

If the turtles were running around, then you created a vermin, not a raw fish...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: May 31, 2013, 12:17:22 am »

Making a script to tag peafowl for slaughter that are big enough to yield bones.  This is what I got so far.

Code: (slaughter.lua) [Select]
local this = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit()
if this.body.blood_max >= 282 then
this.flags2.slaughter = true
end
print(this.body.blood_max)
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Shift-B slaughter
Works fine.  Put the cursor on a dude, big B, if it's large enough, it's tagged.  The actual number is between 285 and 280.  I'm still refining it, just waiting on the next generation to grow up.

My question is, does anyone know when animals grow?  It's been like 3 or 4 months I think and all the remaining birds are stuck at their current size.

Do I have to take them out of a cage for them to grow?  Or does the grow event only fire twice a year or something?

I have done some more testing with this and so far my findings are that animals don't grow.  Over the course of a year an a half with blue peafowl hatching and coming of age, they remained at their birth size.  The value body.physical_attr_tissues[1] controlled the slaughter outcome but in practice body.blood_max == body.physical_attr_tissues[1].  A stack of 4 bones was produced at 283, no bones at 282, and did not appear to be affected by animal type.  Also, I have yet to see dwarfs babies and children grow as they age.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: May 31, 2013, 01:21:12 am »

Thanks for the reply!  I'm glad it's not just me.

Yeah, it looks like a universal bug so far.  I have yet to find a creature born in the fort that gets bigger or gives larger butcher returns.  Been testing several different animals over maybe 7 years.  Turned my fps to 500 to make things go faster.

Here's a weird upshot.  Turkeys and chickens never grow big enough to give bones.  I can't imagine how no one ever noticed that before.

Geese and peabirds are born big enough to slaughter for bones about 1/3 of the time.  Geese slightly more.  With smaller clutch sizes, so it about breaks even.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #3894 on: May 31, 2013, 02:01:04 am »

If the turtles were running around, then you created a vermin, not a raw fish...

Ah okay. Oops~
2 additional questions
1 - Can I remove "ability to stand lost" from a dwarf? I tried a medical script to no avail, and one I found that is specifically for it, but it's riddled with errors. All limbs are intact and all wounds healed.
2 - There is a bugfix script that restores guild reps and elven diplomats. I've never seen an elven diplomat show up with the caravan. I have gotten the guild rep. I've also read in other places that there is a hot fix for the exe to restore bodyguards for diplomats (and I assume guild reps). Is that hot fix compatible with DFhack or is there another way with DFhack to restore those bodyguards?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: May 31, 2013, 02:19:30 am »

Also, I have yet to see dwarfs babies and children grow as they age.

In another thread, several of us have been trying to solve the mystery of a legendary hammerdwarf who could barely kill a thing.  Turns out he was the only legendary hammerdwarf born in the fortress and was smaller than the rest by a good margin.  I think this bug is the most likely reason for his poor performance with blunt weapons. 

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: May 31, 2013, 03:54:12 am »

In another thread, several of us have been trying to solve the mystery of a legendary hammerdwarf who could barely kill a thing.  Turns out he was the only legendary hammerdwarf born in the fortress and was smaller than the rest by a good margin.  I think this bug is the most likely reason for his poor performance with blunt weapons.

Sounds like I am going to want to figure out the error in my size calculation so that its output matches the appropriate value at the appropriate time.  I suspect I need to evaluate each body part separately rather than the body as a whole.  This will need a better understanding of the relationship between body.physical_attr_tissues[0] (size to trigger pressure plate) and body.physical_attr_tissues[1] (size to determine butcher results), weight and perhaps those other values in body.physical_attr_tissues .  Then a script/plugin could be made to grow units periodically, unless someone beats me to it or finds a binary patch.

Wynflaed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: May 31, 2013, 04:19:28 am »

or use this: https://github.com/jjyg/dfhack/blob/master/scripts/startdwarf.rb
(paste it into startdwarf.rb in scripts dir)

Thanks, I'll try that.

Got it working fine, so thanks again. Is there ant particular reason this isn't already in the... Program, or whatever you call it? And would anyone mind if I added this information to the wiki page so more people can see it?

Hi,

How did you get it working?

I have yet to manage it.  Can't get the darn script to run.  Wrong version, maybe?

In any case, I resorted to hex editing, and it has worked just fine, thankyouverymuch.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: May 31, 2013, 05:57:45 am »

In case anyone ever needs it, here's a script to tag all peafowl for slaughter.
Code: (killallbirds.lua) [Select]
local birds = -1
for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do
if (j.creature_id == "BIRD_PEAFOWL_BLUE") then
birds = i
end
end
for i,j in pairs(df.global.world.units.active) do
if (j.race == birds) then
j.flags2.slaughter = true
end
end
600 birds are too much to do manually.  :)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:02 am »

Sounds like I am going to want to figure out the error in my size calculation so that its output matches the appropriate value at the appropriate time.  I suspect I need to evaluate each body part separately rather than the body as a whole.  This will need a better understanding of the relationship between body.physical_attr_tissues[0] (size to trigger pressure plate) and body.physical_attr_tissues[1] (size to determine butcher results), weight and perhaps those other values in body.physical_attr_tissues .  Then a script/plugin could be made to grow units periodically, unless someone beats me to it or finds a binary patch.

Was body.physical_attr_tissues mislabeled/misidentified in DFHack? It currently returns a vector of STRENGTH, AGILITY, TOUGHNESS, ENDURANCE, RECUPERATION, and DISEASE_RESISTANCE. However, the behaviour as described above doesn't quite match.

Angavrilov investigated this and made the change (from "unknown") back in Sep 09, 2012 to df.units.xml.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 373