Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1398397 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4590 on: September 16, 2013, 02:15:08 am »

Copy the whole thing. I'm guessing it's embark.o being missing as well, I'll see if I can get you one.

(top of window--right click -> edit -> mark -> highlight -> enter)

EDIT: embark.o
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:19:54 am by Putnam »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:21 am »

Hey, works perfectly now. Before I had tried copying Embark.o from the "/DFusion" folder in the main directory.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4592 on: September 16, 2013, 05:33:50 am »

Wait. So this runs on dfhack r3 and allows multi-race forts with working civ-members of different creatures?

Because with the spawnunit I can do civ-members from other races, which do not work. Do you think I can spawn a friendly goblin into my fort, and affect him with friendship, to become a true fort member? That would be awesome. Better yet would be rare migrants, but spawnunit is enough.

EDIT: Just to make sure I understand the install correctly:
I downloaded embark.o and friendship.o that were posted by putnam. I put them into hack/lua/plugins/dfusion/, which already contained a .lua version of both files.

I added a init.lua into the DwarfFortress/raw directory, which reads like this:
Code: [Select]
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.embark"
plug.Embark:install{{"DWARF",-1},{"KOBOLD",-1},{"GOBLIN",-1},{"DROW",-1},{"ELF",-1},{"HUMAN",-1},{"HUMAN",-1}} -- second number is caste and "-1" means random.
plug=require"plugins.dfusion.friendship"
plug.Friendship:install{"DWARF","HUMAN","ELF","KOBOLD","DROW","GOBLIN"}

I embark... and nothing.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:57:38 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: September 16, 2013, 05:47:51 am »

i haven't used it in a long time, but friendship used to support other race migrants with tweakable frequency

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: September 16, 2013, 06:01:48 am »

Wait. So this runs on dfhack r3 and allows multi-race forts with working civ-members of different creatures?

Because with the spawnunit I can do civ-members from other races, which do not work. Do you think I can spawn a friendly goblin into my fort, and affect him with friendship, to become a true fort member? That would be awesome. Better yet would be rare migrants, but spawnunit is enough.
It does. But i would not recommend it. This is due to it's ultra-hacky nature. Some stuff will crash df (like interracial children have corrupt dna and they crash on birth), some will just be strange (like you CANNOT change the races that are used for friendship without df restart) and it's not as actively maintained as the rest of dfhack. So use it at your own risk. For limited number of different races i suggest trying other methods first.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4595 on: September 16, 2013, 06:14:38 am »

Ok, I wont touch it then. I had enough of the crashes, with 2 unstable version...

I did everything I could think of using raws, and nothing worked. Your spawn-script raised high hopes again, because it allows multi-race forts. But the new races are marked as (tame), while being civ members. Is that the same with your build for the upcoming dfhack version?

I would very much like to have rare drow/gnome/elf/human/kobold migrants for the dwarf-forts, but never could get it running. I know Boltgun is looking at a similar problem, he tries to use captured invaders to make slaves, but so far it only works by transforming them into his civs creature.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: September 16, 2013, 06:22:12 am »

Ok, I wont touch it then. I had enough of the crashes, with 2 unstable version...

I did everything I could think of using raws, and nothing worked. Your spawn-script raised high hopes again, because it allows multi-race forts. But the new races are marked as (tame), while being civ members. Is that the same with your build for the upcoming dfhack version?

I would very much like to have rare drow/gnome/elf/human/kobold migrants for the dwarf-forts, but never could get it running. I know Boltgun is looking at a similar problem, he tries to use captured invaders to make slaves, but so far it only works by transforming them into his civs creature.
The most attractive idea is to use job-worker replacement. E.g. have immigration officer that does "assign job" job, which in turn triggers a small script that replaces the workers from <your-race-creature> to <any-valid-civ-creature>. This works because only job assignment checks if unit is correct race, but if they somehow get the job they perform it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: September 16, 2013, 10:05:08 am »

To get the friendship to work, you need to put the init.lua script in the save's raw folder, and have the .o files in /hack/lua/plugins/dfusion. Seriously, make sure those are in the right locations.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4598 on: September 16, 2013, 11:31:12 am »

HugoLuman: Didnt knew about the save folder raws... I put it into the main raw folder, I try... but if warmist says that it might lead to crashes, I better not. ;)

The most attractive idea is to use job-worker replacement. E.g. have immigration officer that does "assign job" job, which in turn triggers a small script that replaces the workers from <your-race-creature> to <any-valid-civ-creature>. This works because only job assignment checks if unit is correct race, but if they somehow get the job they perform it.
Thats for single jobs? So a dwarf goes to a custom workshop, doing one job, to assign another job to a foreign migrant? Somehow I dont see the benefit. If it would do a labor, like "activate mining" for the migrant, and he will do mining from then on, that would be great. Or, I misunderstood you.

Anyway, with Rendermax, DiggingInvaders, SpawnUnit, my UI, Spacefox&ObsidianSoul tilesets, and my own ideas... I have enough to do for 3 months at least. If I do find the time.

EDIT: Well, I tested it anyway, but it didnt work... doesnt matter. But since I am here already: Is there a way to raise the embark skills a dwarf has? Currently he gets 10 in total, with 5 points max per skill... is there any way to raise that, so people can do a legendary skilled dwarf?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:50:52 am by Meph »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: September 16, 2013, 03:27:43 pm »

{name="Mount",f=function (unit_list,pos)

horse=getCreatureAtPointer()
for k,unit_rider in pairs(unit_list) do
if unit_rider.pos.x==horse.pos.x and unit_rider.pos.y==horse.pos.y
and unit_rider.pos.z==horse.pos.z then --check if they are on the same tile
horse.general_refs:insert("#",{new=df.general_ref_unit_riderst,unit_id=unit_rider.id})
unit_rider.relations.rider_mount_id=horse.id
unit_rider.flags1.rider=true
horse.flags1.ridden=true
  require("utils").insert_sorted(df.global.world.units.other.ANY_RIDER,unit_rider,"id")
break -- make it only one rider mounts horse
end
end
return true
end},
collab with anga, warmist to bring you MOUNTS
toss this baby into Companion order and it will work.
here's a more simple mount code so that you don't have to shove a companion on top of another unit
{name="Mount",f=function (unit_list,pos)

horse=getCreatureAtPointer()
for k,unit_rider in pairs(unit_list) do
--if unit_rider.pos.x==horse.pos.x and unit_rider.pos.y==horse.pos.y
--and unit_rider.pos.z==horse.pos.z then --check if they are on the same tile
horse.general_refs:insert("#",{new=df.general_ref_unit_riderst,unit_id=unit_rider.id})
unit_rider.relations.rider_mount_id=horse.id
unit_rider.flags1.rider=true
horse.flags1.ridden=true
  require("utils").insert_sorted(df.global.world.units.other.ANY_RIDER,unit_rider,"id")
break -- make it only one rider mounts horse
end
--end
return true
end},
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: September 16, 2013, 03:41:22 pm »

Imma just real quick translate for you guys

Put that code into the companion order lua and it will allow you to ride stuff in adventure mode (I'm pretty sure).

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: September 16, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »

Huzzah!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 16, 2013, 04:32:23 pm »

Imma just real quick translate for you guys

Put that code into the companion order lua and it will allow you to ride Carry stuff on your back in adventure mode (I'm pretty sure).
due to how riders are being a rider in adventure mode will lock you out of controls until you use dfhack to remove the rider flag. but now you could set companions to ride wagon creatures and have the wagon creature be pulled by animals.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: September 17, 2013, 01:10:00 pm »

Is there some way of having an 'untubefill' command? I'd like to carefully carve around all the adamantine splinters in the most aesthetically pleasing way possible, but to do that I'd have to either reveal the tubes fully or spend a lot of time mapping out each level before force-quitting and making up a final design.

If the 'tubefill' command were reversible, I could reveal the whole area without revealing where it becomes hollow.

Alternatively, some sort of range function on 'digl'. It can be used to outline each level of the spire, but in the process will set pretty much the whole z-level to be dug.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 17, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »

I don't understand what your situation is, so this may be a stupid answer.

"reveal hell", designate your digging while paused, and then "unreveal".
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 373