Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388685 times)

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4635 on: September 21, 2013, 06:29:17 am »

I wanted to set Workflow to keep a certain amount of coke.
So I set the "Make coke from lignite" job on repeat.
gui/workflow opens up the workflow constraints window, when I press [shift]+[A] the new window appears where I can select either "bars of coal" or "bars of any material".
When I select "bars of coal" dfhack console gives an error message:
Code: [Select]
Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
...r35\Dwarf Fortresss 0.34.11\hacks\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: invalid constraint : BAR//COAL:COKE
stack traceback:
     [C]: in function 'setConstraint'
     ...r35\Dwarf Fortresss 0.34.11\hacks\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: in function 'saveConstraint'
     ...r35\Dwarf Fortresss 0.34.11\hacks\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:980: in function 'on_select'
     ... LNP r35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:193: in function 'on_submit'
     ... LNP r35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:576: in function 'submit'
     ... LNP r35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:588: in function 'onInput'
     ... isErrant LNP r 35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui.lua:472: in function 'inputToSubviews'
     ... LNP r35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:224: in function <... LNP r 35\Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11\hack\lua\gui\dialogs.lua:217>
     [C]: in ?
Obviously it has some problems with the coke bar. I guess it is a known issue, but I thought I will post it just in case.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: September 21, 2013, 12:18:37 pm »

Doublepost but I think, this may be interesting for some other people as well.

In the lua console with:
printall(df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[X][Y]you get a list of all the features. It's just numbers (let's call them n) from 0 to m and the corresponding address.

With
printall(df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[X][Y][n]you can display this structures.
E.g you get something like this.
-> printall(df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[9][13][0])
feature_idx      = 66
layer              = -1
region_tile_idx  = -1
min_z             = -30000
max_z            = -30000
unk_c             = <coord2d[]: 0x148ea2f0>
unk_28           = 0
seed              = 3771020645
unk_30           = <BitArray<>: 0x148ea310>
unk_38           = <int16_t[]:0x148ea318>
top_layer_idx  = -1

-> printall(df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[9][13][1]
feature_idx      = -1
layer              = 23
region_tile_idx  = 18
min_z             = 130
max_z            = 134
unk_c             = <coord2d[]:0x148e77d0>
unk_28           = 0
seed              = 2425933355
unk_30           = <BitArray<>: 0x148e77f0>
unk_38           = <int16_t[]:0x148e77f8>
top_layer_idx  = 0
So it happened that tile [9][13] showed an volcano on the embark-screen. There were 4 features similar to the second one in my example that hat "top_layer_idx" from 0 (shown) to 4. I assumed this were the cave layers 1, 2 and 3, the HFS and perhaps the magma sea.
This would leave the first entry for the volcano.

I embarked on this site and used reveal to show me the map. I noticed that [10][14] has a magma tube, that I guessed would be
-> printall(df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[9][13][0])
feature_idx      = 83
layer              = -1
region_tile_idx  = -1
min_z             = -30000
max_z            = -30000
unk_c             = <coord2d[]: 0x0a97bc70>
unk_28           = 0
seed              = 1039045029
unk_30           = <BitArray<>: 0x0a97bc90>
unk_38           = <int16_t[]:0x0a97bc98>
top_layer_idx  = 1
At the point of testing I didn't realize that the top_layer idx was 1 for this and not -1. I assumed volcano / magma tube would always have -1 well wrong I was.
I then proceeded to use
df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[9][13][0] = 83and voila the volcano disappeared on the embark screen.
df.global.world.world_data.region_details[0].features[10][14][0] = 66made an volcano appear on the other tile.

And indeed. After embarking the volcano and the magma tube had changed their positions.

I checked some other volcanoes in this world two had feature_idx = 66 and one 65 and another one 61.
So it appears to me that this is what controls weather it is a volcano or not.
For obvious reasons checking of Magma tubes is harder as you don't see them pre embark I had one with 69 on [9][15] in my experimental embark.
I'd like to say that it probably is related to embark depth or something like that. But my initial embark is flat, there was one volcano with 66, one magma tube with 83 and one with 69. But the 69 tube was actually LOWER than the 83 tube. So there is no easy to see relationship between height/embark depth and the feature_idx value.

This method should enable you to convert magma tubes to surface volcanoes. However if you have no volcano somewhere near your desired location you would probably have to use a brute-force attempt and guess numbers until it appears on the embark-screen. This happens to be difficult as you would have to enter somewhere around 100 numbers and when I tried it DF stopped responding at 89 or something like that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: September 23, 2013, 01:13:39 am »

oh hey guys I found out how to play as any race in adventure mode with out use of raw manipulation.

so... now I can finally play as a Toolkit, or a scarecrow, or a wagon at the start of the game.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:47 am »

Aaaand now it's time to right a script for that, huh?

Heck, to add to it, here's the info I found about viewscreen_setupadventurst:

some info for viewscreen_setupadventurest: anon_5 is skill points allowed to be allocated. anon_12 is attribute points. Both are remaining, not total. unk1.anon_4 is unit skills after allocation. unk1.anon_1 is adventurer unit's name.

unk1.anon_10 through unk1.anon_15 are physical attributes, on a scale from 0 to 6 (very low to superior). unk_1.anon_16 is the same for mental attributes, but a vector for some reason/the first 6 aren't vectors for some reason.

unk1.anon_3 is the adventurer unit's caste; unk1.anon_2 his/her race.

anon_2 appears to be... a name. It's currently "ekantz", which is a beforan name in Fortbent. Not sure what the name represents; perhaps it was the default first name.

I would call unk1 "adventurer_info" or thereabouts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:53 am »

Aaaand now it's time to right a script for that, huh?

Heck, to add to it, here's the info I found about viewscreen_setupadventurst:

some info for viewscreen_setupadventurest: anon_5 is skill points allowed to be allocated. anon_12 is attribute points. Both are remaining, not total. unk1.anon_4 is unit skills after allocation. unk1.anon_1 is adventurer unit's name.

unk1.anon_10 through unk1.anon_15 are physical attributes, on a scale from 0 to 6 (very low to superior). unk_1.anon_16 is the same for mental attributes, but a vector for some reason/the first 6 aren't vectors for some reason.

unk1.anon_3 is the adventurer unit's caste; unk1.anon_2 his/her race.

anon_2 appears to be... a name. It's currently "ekantz", which is a beforan name in Fortbent. Not sure what the name represents; perhaps it was the default first name.

I would call unk1 "adventurer_info" or thereabouts.
so I decided to see if this also the same for fort mode.
surprisingly

yeah the game didn't instant crumble the fort when I swap the Civ race id to forgottenbeasts though there is a difference between Play now and preparing due to preparing creates new units which draws from the Civ's race id.
how I did this is using gm-editor's get cur viewscreen when you move where you want to embark, then editing the available civs's race id at the start then prepare for journey.
well time to test if I can run a fort with nothing but forgotten beasts.

edit: uhh what happens when 7 forgotten beasts grow unhappy?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:00:59 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: September 23, 2013, 01:52:08 am »

Is it possible to alter the climate temperature of my map?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:09 am »

continue report on Forgotten fort, I figure out how to give them labors. didn't help
and the group finally snap into deep depression.

They have no hands and they want to fight.

So will the 7 miserable beasts hold on emotionally until migrants arrive? Will I learn what just happens when the entire fort falls to moods?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: September 23, 2013, 02:25:50 am »

Yeah, they're gonna die :P

(did I ever mention that your illustrated exploits in hacking DF are my favorite things ever)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: September 23, 2013, 02:31:02 am »

poor beasts, not only they are forgotten, but also so unhappy :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: September 23, 2013, 02:54:34 am »

I got a migrant a peasant and a Butcher, no names, the butcher also brought pets, but all the FB's started to die off so I just retired the fort.

When I started back again I notice I can't select the civ again, so uhh yeah now I have a mountain home which is just nothing but miserable 4 legged Moss beasts and a Civ made up of them.
hope any dwarves love to see a caravan of disgruntled FB's willing to trade their moss for mechanical Arms.
note to self figure out how to make more Civs so that I can run more test forts.

edit: okay time to see if I can start a new Civ by reclaiming the old fort,
oh wait what's that oh my urist

well guys we got Funghosts. Good thing being a ghost means you don't gain any cool interactions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:15:43 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

HyphyHonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: September 23, 2013, 08:40:35 am »

Hey, was wondering if anyone knew how to spawn a creature you can interact with via DFhack. There's a lot of strange behavior with the "pet" version that ends up creating un-trainable, un-claimed "tame" creatures.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: September 23, 2013, 04:09:20 pm »

I've found the make-monarch command. Is there a way to DFhack in a replacement for the Baron, Count, or Duke?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Pink Photon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: September 23, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »

Can you use DFHack to start a beekeeping industry when your embark has no colonies? Either a way to spawn a colony, or to create live bees inside a hive?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: September 23, 2013, 07:03:33 pm »

Hey, was wondering if anyone knew how to spawn a creature you can interact with via DFhack. There's a lot of strange behavior with the "pet" version that ends up creating un-trainable, un-claimed "tame" creatures.

Asked the same question not 2 days ago, try the spawnunit script. Details ~3 pages ago.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: September 23, 2013, 07:10:17 pm »

I've never really gotten into DFHack before until I started using the new MacNewbie pack.  I have Dwarf Therapist, which is an amazing program.  But most of the time, I just enjoy throwing DF in full screen mode and toning down the lights.  All the extra screens and utilities give me a headache - and remind me too much of work.  ;D

That said, I'm using the Dwarf Therapist-style plugin (not sure what you'd call it) that's part of DFHack.  It has pretty much all the features I was interested in anyway with Dwarf Therapist.  Awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 373