Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388682 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4740 on: October 16, 2013, 11:49:26 am »

Woah, amazing. I've also noticed Rumrusher's script to control mounts in adventure mode. Honestly, I did not expect anything less from Rumrusher.
oh you might miss the discovery of changing or adding new Civ types into the Embark state allowing you to play different races or different Civs.
Code: [Select]
function addaciv()
local testciv=df.global.world.entities.all
--df.viewscreen_choose_start_sitest.available_civs:insert("#",{new=df.global.world.entities.all,112})
  --require("utils").insert_sorted(df..available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[1],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[112],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[302],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[234],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[134],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[32],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[274],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[47],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[16],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.local_sites,df.global.world.world_data.sites[747],"id")
  require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().parent.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[427],"id")
  --require("utils").insert_sorted(dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen().viewscreen_choose_start_sitest.available_civs,df.global.world.entities.all[1],"id")
end
though I haven't figure out how to make it stick so it has to be reapplyed each time you abandon or retire, though I haven't figure out how to unlock military so you're pretty much playing a challenge run where you need to train loads of war animals and hunt.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 16, 2013, 02:36:35 pm »

Military needs an appointable commander.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 16, 2013, 04:16:06 pm »

well I haven't dabble in eventful or item syndromes but I think it's possible to make a creature that infects someone and latch on it's infected host. So you could add more fun in special ways.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: October 16, 2013, 10:29:29 pm »

Spawnunit.

Heck, for easier searching and future-proofing, this is now the post you're going to see in a search.

DFHack spawn unit spawnunit spawn-unit unit spawning reaction r3 create unit with reaction

It would be more convenient to collect them in a separate thread. It's not like it costs money to make new ones.

well I haven't dabble in eventful or item syndromes but I think it's possible to make a creature that infects someone and latch on it's infected host. So you could add more fun in special ways.

In the next version, syndromeTrigger will allow at least part of this. It triggers dfhack commands whenever someone becomes infected with a syndrome for any reason. Hook that up just right and you can probably do some cool stuff.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: October 16, 2013, 10:31:27 pm »

It would be more convenient to collect them in a separate thread. It's not like it costs money to make new ones.
I ain't doing it, hehe.

In the next version, syndromeTrigger will allow at least part of this. It triggers dfhack commands whenever someone becomes infected with a syndrome for any reason. Hook that up just right and you can probably do some cool stuff.

probably do some cool stuff

This is the biggest understatement I have ever seen.

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:03 am »

Probably a dumb question but I can't seem to properly createitem. I keep trying to make an axe over and over again, can someone just show me how it should be properly typed? I wanted to test out a great axe..

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: October 17, 2013, 12:32:13 am »

createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE INORGANIC:STEEL

LittleQuick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: October 17, 2013, 12:44:18 am »

OHHHH, wait I was doing it right, I just wasn't selecting the unit correctly. Thank you so much. -facepalm-

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: October 18, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »

I'm working on trying to get a reliable way to create living plants going, and have created a thread here. Its based around the Tiletypes and lua plugins.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: October 18, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

probably do some cool stuff

This is the biggest understatement I have ever seen.

Any Fun ideas?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: October 18, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »

Nearly every script I've made has something to gain from that, it makes me capable of having creatures control the weather, it gives me the ability to have my shapechange script actually shapechange the creature that uses it, allow instant_transmission to be done with an interaction rather than a hotkey, give the DF AI the ability to use scripts as attack or fleeing actions...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: October 18, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »

Is there a way to set recurring commands? 

I've got a larger and older fort than usual, and I find myself using cleanowned, clean and so on regularly - setting them to repeat every x thousand frames would be awesome, not having to keep glancing at fps to see if it's dumping time again. 

It could also be (ab)used to, for example, cause constant invasions via force siege and turn the game into tower defense (autodump-destroy to keep fps up); simulate hyper-fertile soil with regrass and grow; seasonal bushfires with immolate (Australia is currently having it's earliest ever start to the fire season, and I'm in a biome with kangaroos at the moment); slayrace cats; there are so many interesting things I could try just by repeating existing scripts. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: October 18, 2013, 11:01:54 pm »

For lua scripts, yeah:

repeatingScripts=repeatingScripts or {}

args={...}
function repeatScript()
    local script = function()
        local t
        for i=4,#args do
            table.insert(t,args[i])
        end
        return t
    end
    script=script()
    dfhack.run_script(table.unpack(script))
    repeatingScripts[args[4]]=dfhack.timeout(tonumber(args[2]),args[3],repeatscript)
end
if args[1]~="disable" then repeatScript() else dfhack.timeout_active(timeout[args[2]],nil) end

If you call this, say, "repeat.lua" then this is the syntax:

repeat enable 1 months force siege EVIL

It should save that until you type, say:

repeat disable force

at which point the repeat will disable.

(Note: untested!)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: October 19, 2013, 01:02:09 am »

Unfortunately...

I got essentially the same error whatever I did... after three attempts to get rid of the typos in
         repeat enable 1 days multicmd cleanowned scattered x ; clean all ; autodump destroy
It could have been beautiful, even a keybinding! [/s]
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: October 19, 2013, 01:16:46 am »

... change "local t" to "local t = {}" >_>
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 373