Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388845 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4755 on: October 19, 2013, 04:46:23 am »

Getting a similar problem with the same input.  "bad argument #3 to 'timeout' (function expected, got nil)".  If I'm reading it right, it's something to do with "repeatscript()"?

Spoiler: Current code (click to show/hide)

Also:  how do you have a different profile pic every time I refresh?  It's been teasing me ever since I noticed...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 19, 2013, 09:19:59 am »

Getting a similar problem with the same input.  "bad argument #3 to 'timeout' (function expected, got nil)".  If I'm reading it right, it's something to do with "repeatscript()"?

Change "args = {...}" to "local args = {...}", "function repeatScript()" to "local function repeatScript()", "repeatscript" to "repeatScript", and "timeout[args[2]]" to "repeatingScripts[args[2]]".

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4757 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:16 am »

well I haven't dabble in eventful or item syndromes but I think it's possible to make a creature that infects someone and latch on it's infected host. So you could add more fun in special ways.

In the next version, syndromeTrigger will allow at least part of this. It triggers dfhack commands whenever someone becomes infected with a syndrome for any reason. Hook that up just right and you can probably do some cool stuff.

probably do some cool stuff

This is the biggest understatement I have ever seen.

Any Fun ideas?
Yes, Sir ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 19, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »

Now works perfectly, at least for 'force'.  I got a siege with 340 invaders, which dropped fps 80%...
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

mc876898

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 20, 2013, 01:25:18 am »

Is there a way to sort your inventory items in adventure mode?

The sort-items function isn't working.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 22, 2013, 05:19:41 pm »

Could it be editable how random creatures are generated during worldgen? (or to modifie them after worldgen?)
(if there are easiely accesible data on those parts for DFHack)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 22, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »

Is it possible to paint with tiletypes above ground level?  I can convert the ground level outdoors to anything I want, but when I go up a z-level stuff like the walls below have no floor above them and I can't paint any floors or walls, even with the filter set to any or air.

Is there some way at all to fix this?  I'm trying to fix up the area above ground for a megaproject and I'd rather not set dwarf speed to 0 just so they can make a bunch of non-rough walls by digging up a world layer underground since I can't find a proper location to embark at normally.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 23, 2013, 01:25:15 am »

I believe map sections above ground aren't actually allocated entirely until a construction is built nearby.  I ran into odd behavior trying to move units up in the air, and that was the explanation given to me.  I believe the map is chunked into 16x16 tile sections for this purpose?

I'm doubtful that there's an easier way to fix that than to build nearby.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 23, 2013, 09:58:00 am »

I've been able to successfully paint a set of walls, then a floor on top of them with tyletypes above ground.  It worked fine at least in the first 2 z levels above ground level.  However, if your embark wagon z level is already the highest solid z level in the map, that may make for issues.  I cannot confirm.  I typically embark on at least moderately hilly areas for FUN.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 23, 2013, 11:04:03 am »

Sky areas are not allocated until you build in them normally. Have your dorves construct a staircase in the general area you want to do stuff, then you can use tile types there.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 23, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

Is it possible to paint with tiletypes above ground level?  I can convert the ground level outdoors to anything I want, but when I go up a z-level stuff like the walls below have no floor above them and I can't paint any floors or walls, even with the filter set to any or air.

Is there some way at all to fix this?  I'm trying to fix up the area above ground for a megaproject and I'd rather not set dwarf speed to 0 just so they can make a bunch of non-rough walls by digging up a world layer underground since I can't find a proper location to embark at normally.

The infiniteSky plug-in should do what you want (or at least did when I used it back when it came out)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:31:23 pm by Aerval »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 23, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

That actually does something slightly different. It doesn't actually allocate sky blocks. It creates a place for unallocated sky blocks to go for higher z levels than exist before it was run.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 23, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »

Speaking of which, I'd love a script to actually allocate more sky blocks. I hate it when my flying adventurers get mauled by crocodiles because there's no Z-level to flee up to. Only towns and mountains reliably offer vertical refuge...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 23, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »

Thank you all for the excellent help.  Love it when the technical bits are explained so you know WHY you have to do something rather than just that you need to do something to bring about a solution.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:04 am »

Quick question. (May not lead to quick answers.)

In the bug report for Bug 6364, Urist DaVinci posts the following binary patch to correct the divide by X rounding number issue:

0x006C8BE2 : 89 b5 f8 14 -> d7 c5 6d 34
0x006C8BEE : 0D -> 0B

That's for the Win32 v0.34.11 SDL

Is that in a format that can be used directly in a .dif file by the binpatcher.exe file packaged with DFHack?  Or does it need to be in a byte by byte format one line at a time?
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 373