Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388805 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4890 on: November 27, 2013, 06:26:26 pm »

how do you spawn a forgotten beast with the dfhack command "spawn"?

For forgotten beasts the creature ID is

FORGOTTEN_BEAST_#

For demons it is

DEMON_#

For titans it would be

TITAN_#

Instead of putting #, put a number higher than zero. I'm not too sure what the highest number allowed would be, but I know that it depends on the size of the world, as well as any advanced world generation settings regarding demons and titans.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 27, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »

Anybody know whether stripcaged has a different behavior in this version because in the list, it says that it dumps ALL items in cages, but it's not doing that, and no the goblin thieves weren't naked when they came on the map.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

I was able to spawn non-citizen ghosts such as ghostly wagons or ghostly goblin axe lords, but the wagons instantly scuttle and the others just stand around not doing anything. I guess that you'd have to set the non-citizens to use citizen/dwarf AI in order to see proper ghost actions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4893 on: November 28, 2013, 01:09:59 am »

why not use dwarven ghosts? I thought a bit more about it, and it would be hilarious if a script would automatically spawn all dead dwarves as harmless ghosts for a few days/a week, once a year on dwarven halloween. :) Together with an announcement.. I would totally add this as an option into my mod, should scare a few dwarves good, especially if they are close to the graveyard.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:01 am »

Anybody know whether the function of stripcaged changed? Because it certainly seems like it did.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 29, 2013, 12:34:17 am »

oh man fun fact about ghosts since urist is diving into it,
ghosts can take damage by minecarts,
ghosts can't phase through walls if they hold onto any item, but can phase through walls normally if they are carrying any unit.
ghosts are able to talk to any one in adventure mode.
Any living person can become a ghost by a simple switch of a creature flag.
with some scripting you could build an army of ghosts who could do hauling jobs or murder a bunch of gobbos.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 29, 2013, 12:56:14 am »

Are people ignoring my question or is it that nobody knows what's up with it? At least a verification whether the function did change or not would be nice :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:16 am »

Are people ignoring my question or is it that nobody knows what's up with it? At least a verification whether the function did change or not would be nice :P

Usually people only answer when they can actually answer.

I don't know if there has been any changes, as I've never used stripcaged. The only thing I can think to ask is if you are using any mods such as masterwork, as there is a chance that the script may have been changed by the mod creator.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:55 am »

Nah, I'm not using any mods and it's Peridexiserrants LNP.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 29, 2013, 02:15:10 am »

Uh, maybe try getting it directly from github and seeing if that makes any difference?  If there's an issue with the script in the pack let me know and I'll try to fix it (get a different version).
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: November 29, 2013, 02:03:31 pm »

Stripcaged working funny is the least of my concerns in the fort atm because things are getting a little busy right now, because well, for one, my population exploded right up to 100 and I need to secure a water source and do a bunch of other things. Besides, I need to wait for more goblins to get captured because I suspect that it was because I had unforbidden the goblins clothes before autodumping.

Still, can't someone run stripcaged with the latest and tell me what it does? Because it's not doing it completely.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:41:18 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: November 29, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »

Uh, maybe try getting it directly from github and seeing if that makes any difference?  If there's an issue with the script in the pack let me know and I'll try to fix it (get a different version).

How do I go about that? Download the master version?

Edit: Uh, the DFhackmaster and DFhack bugfixes are are compiled differently, or whatever the term is, but the way its arranged is different from the way the one on the first page download is arranged. Different files and stuff, so I don't know how to deal with those.

Edit2: Okay, I extracted over the DFhack from the first post (on a copy of the DF folder) and ran DF, and did stripcaged (no difference between stripcaged and stripcaged all), it did the same thing as it did before, it only dumped the weapons and bags the thieves were holding. I haven't caged any soldiers yet though.

Also, when I started it up, it gave me an error about entry point not found and start-dfterm3 not being a recognized command, worked fine otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 04:43:45 pm by smjjames »

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:27 pm »

What exactly did you type? Was it "stripcaged all" or something more targeted? And what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Does it not dump any items, or does it only dump some items?
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: November 29, 2013, 08:37:50 pm »

What exactly did you type? Was it "stripcaged all" or something more targeted? And what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Does it not dump any items, or does it only dump some items?

I tried both, just stripcaged and stripcaged all, and it only dumps weapons and the bags that thieves have. Haven't gotten any soldiers in the traps yet though, so I don't know about things other than thieves.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: November 30, 2013, 01:37:28 pm »

I tried both, just stripcaged and stripcaged all, and it only dumps weapons and the bags that thieves have. Haven't gotten any soldiers in the traps yet though, so I don't know about things other than thieves.

I tested "stripcaged all" on a pair of goblin crossbowmen that were caught in cage traps, and got the following results:

Dumped:
Crossbows
Quivers
Bolts that were embedded in a wound

Not Dumped:
Clothing
Armor
Bolts in the quiver

Using DFHack r4
EDIT: and there is no visible change between the code in the .rb file from r3 to r4. Haven't tested r3 behavior.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:41:39 pm by Urist Da Vinci »
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 373