Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388743 times)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4935 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »

From what I've heard from people who have compiled it, you do need GCC 4.5. I guess you could try building it from source (it does take a while, but it's fairly straightforward).

I was afraid of that.

I've actually managed to get it to build and run (though I haven't actually tested it beyond that).  It was not an easy process, so I'm going to try to piece together everything I did.  Maybe this will help someone else some day.

First thing I did was look through Debian bug reports, package archives, and the like.  There was a gcc-4.5 once upon a time, but it was completely removed in favor of gcc-4.6.  The packages are gone.  Totally deleted from the archive and everything.

So, next thing I did was install Debian 6.0 (squeeze) in a chroot, using debootstrap.  I decided to use the i386 version because DF is 32-bit.  No sense fighting multilib stuff at the same time I'm fighting everything else.  I installed build-essential and a few other packages.  It turns out Debian 6.0 has gcc-4.3 and gcc-4.4 only.

OK, so then I built gcc-4.5 and g++-4.5 from source.  This was not nearly as straightforward as I'd hoped, because the documentation says "don't give a target! we'll just figure it out for you", but that doesn't work so well in practice.  My kernel reports x86_64 because it's a 64-bit kernel, and gcc's bootstrap apparently decides, based on that, that I want a 64-bit compiler.  Which fails to build with a mysterious error somewhere along the way (something about missing gnu-stabs with a 64 somewhere in the pathname).  I finally managed to get it to build with: ../gcc-4.5.4/configure --enable-languages='c,c++' --disable-multilib i486-linux-gnu

(i486-linux-gnu was the target reported by "gcc -v" using Debian's gcc, so I used that.)

Next I copied the dfhack source directory into the chroot.  I installed cmake, libxml stuff, and so on.  I copied over the Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11 tarball and extracted that, exported CC=gcc-4.5 and CXX=g++-4.5 and then ran the cmake command for dfhack in an empty build directory.  This failed on zlib, so I fixed it by installing zlib1g-dev.  Blew away the build directory, recreated it, ran cmake again.  Then ran make -- which failed with a generate_headers error on some ruby-autogen thing at about 98% completion.

After inspecting the build.make files (the one in the chroot vs. the one not in the chroot -- they were different), I decided maybe the cmake version was wrong.  Debian 6.0 has cmake 2.8.2, and Debian 7.2 has cmake 2.8.9.  Going on that theory, I found cmake's web site and downloaded the latest source code for that, which was version 2.8.12.1.  I removed the cmake Debian package, and bootstrapped cmake 2.8.12.1 from source.  (This was in the terminal where CC and CXX were still exported to gcc-4.5 so it picked those up and used them.  I decided to let it go.)

Then back to the dfhack directory.  Blew away the build directory, recreated it yet again, re-ran cmake, and make.  And it finally worked!  Did the "make install", copied the modified df_linux directory from the chroot over to the regular system, and ran ./dfhack to be sure it actually starts up.  Which it did.

That's all I've got for now.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: December 06, 2013, 11:03:55 pm »

No, my character is not hungry, thirsty, or tired. Also, which is the dominant hand of a character? I only have a pick in my hands, and it is multigrasp.

The logic that tells a creature to eat, drink, or sleep will kick in shortly before the status effect will show in their info-screen, so you might not look hungry, but you might be. Or there might be something else keeping adv-fort from picking the plant. This might sound silly, but is the plant dead? Sometimes walking onto plants will kill them.

The dominant hand is chosen at random when a creature is created. To see which hand is dominant, drop everything then pick up something light enough to wield one-handed.

I'm not sure if holding your pick multi-grasp has any effect on adv-fort logic, so I can't comment on that.

ag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: December 07, 2013, 02:29:48 am »

Hmm.  OK, next problem:

Code: [Select]
golem:/usr/local/src/df_linux+DFHack_r4_git$ ./dfhack
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/local/src/df_linux+DFHack_r4_git/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.5' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: /usr/local/src/df_linux+DFHack_r4_git/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./hack/libdfhack.so)
-e

Just delete that libs/libstdc++.so.6 and let it use your system library.

How long after the next release can I reasonably expect a DFHack to be updated to the new release?

Could be a few weeks for the initial release in the worst case, depending on how much time people have to work on it. I'd suggest waiting a couple of weeks before getting impatient, and thus being nicely surprised if it takes less. :) Subsequent bugfix releases are a lot easier, since not so much changes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:40:16 am by ag »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: December 07, 2013, 10:50:57 am »

No, my character is not hungry, thirsty, or tired. Also, which is the dominant hand of a character? I only have a pick in my hands, and it is multigrasp.

The logic that tells a creature to eat, drink, or sleep will kick in shortly before the status effect will show in their info-screen, so you might not look hungry, but you might be. Or there might be something else keeping adv-fort from picking the plant. This might sound silly, but is the plant dead? Sometimes walking onto plants will kill them.

The dominant hand is chosen at random when a creature is created. To see which hand is dominant, drop everything then pick up something light enough to wield one-handed.

I'm not sure if holding your pick multi-grasp has any effect on adv-fort logic, so I can't comment on that.
nah I found out that you will trample over the plant before you can get the chance to grab the item and since you're standing on said item for periods of time(to do a job) the game runs a random blah to check if did you step on the food you wanted to pick. this happens in fort mode also but only if your gardener is really slow, or your dwarves have some raw code that steps out plants.
then there a case the plant is really a shrub and will grow into a tree thus you can't 'pick it up'.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Science Division
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: December 08, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »

Apologies for intruding, I was wondering whether there is a way to ascertain which way a dwarf is facing using DFHack? I assume there must be some related variable which stores which way dwarves are facing, since they can be attacked from behind.
No signature

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: December 08, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »

No, AFAIK. It's pretty... kludgy as of now. I think this'll be improved as of next version.

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: December 08, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

No, AFAIK. It's pretty... kludgy as of now. I think this'll be improved as of next version.

Many thanks for Your prompt response. I suppose I'll have to do without.

Edit: Added quote for page break continuity
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:29:47 pm by Zivilin »
No signature

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: December 08, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »

having a few issues trying to get showunitsyndromes.rb working in r4

I've been trying to follow putnams advice, but I seem to have an issue with a verb variable.

My progress from my last post

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.msg4819400#msg4819400

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: December 08, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Apologies for intruding, I was wondering whether there is a way to ascertain which way a dwarf is facing using DFHack? I assume there must be some related variable which stores which way dwarves are facing, since they can be attacked from behind.

It has something to do with the position of the creature's current target. You need an "ally" in melee range on the other side of the creature so that you can attack "from the side" or "from behind". If no-one is threatening a creature in melee, it doesn't appear to have a facing.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:54 am »

Hi guys,
I've been using 'spawnunit.lua' to quickly test things out in my forts, but every unit I have spawned has been friendly or 'tame'.  How exactly would I type out the command to make the spawned unit hostile? Or at least not be 'of my civ'?

Thanks in advance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

Hi guys,
I've been using 'spawnunit.lua' to quickly test things out in my forts, but every unit I have spawned has been friendly or 'tame'.  How exactly would I type out the command to make the spawned unit hostile? Or at least not be 'of my civ'?

Thanks in advance.
oh uhh just crack open the lua and remove the line that makes them that way.
spawn units normally (ala the code needed to spawn them) just a wild unit. or go into Gm-editor(gui/gm-editor) on the unit you spawn and find the civ section then replace what ever there with -1.
you really should keep a separate save file on you if you're using Spawnunit.
you could edit lua in Notepad.
the line should be at the bottom where the script goes and alter the unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4946 on: December 09, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

I'd be interested in a ''spawnunit friendly'', ''spawnunit civ'', ''spawnunit hostile'' and ''spawnunit pet''. Currently intelligent critters are civ-members, non-intelligent are pets, and with opposed to life or crazed I can do hostiles... but no friendlies, and not all that much control, especially the intelligent civ members that dont share the race with your civ. They are civ members, but cant do labors, just hang around the meeting areas.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »

It has something to do with the position of the creature's current target. You need an "ally" in melee range on the other side of the creature so that you can attack "from the side" or "from behind". If no-one is threatening a creature in melee, it doesn't appear to have a facing.

Ah, so that would mean that a single creature (with no allies close by) has no hope of ever performing a side/back attack, even on escaping enemies. Thank You for the information.

No signature

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: December 11, 2013, 11:50:55 am »

Is there any fix for units spawned by spawnunit being considered "not tame" and not showing up on the pets screen?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ξlectɍonaughtƴ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:06 pm »

Hi. I'm trying to use Workflow to run my fortress and I'd like to arrange this.

I have no bit. coal or lignite on the map but plenty of trees, However I can import fuel periodicly. I'd like to have a quotum of coal bars that prefers to make coal out of bit. coal or lignite but only when that is not in stock burn wood to fulfill the quotum.

Did I state that clearly enough? Is that possible to arrange?
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 373