Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1003186 times)

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Science Division
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #4950 on: December 08, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »

No, AFAIK. It's pretty... kludgy as of now. I think this'll be improved as of next version.

Many thanks for Your prompt response. I suppose I'll have to do without.

Edit: Added quote for page break continuity
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:29:47 pm by Zivilin »
No signature

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: December 08, 2013, 06:58:12 pm »

having a few issues trying to get showunitsyndromes.rb working in r4

I've been trying to follow putnams advice, but I seem to have an issue with a verb variable.

My progress from my last post

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133174.msg4819400#msg4819400

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: December 08, 2013, 08:28:19 pm »

Apologies for intruding, I was wondering whether there is a way to ascertain which way a dwarf is facing using DFHack? I assume there must be some related variable which stores which way dwarves are facing, since they can be attacked from behind.

It has something to do with the position of the creature's current target. You need an "ally" in melee range on the other side of the creature so that you can attack "from the side" or "from behind". If no-one is threatening a creature in melee, it doesn't appear to have a facing.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:54 am »

Hi guys,
I've been using 'spawnunit.lua' to quickly test things out in my forts, but every unit I have spawned has been friendly or 'tame'.  How exactly would I type out the command to make the spawned unit hostile? Or at least not be 'of my civ'?

Thanks in advance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: December 09, 2013, 11:25:42 am »

Hi guys,
I've been using 'spawnunit.lua' to quickly test things out in my forts, but every unit I have spawned has been friendly or 'tame'.  How exactly would I type out the command to make the spawned unit hostile? Or at least not be 'of my civ'?

Thanks in advance.
oh uhh just crack open the lua and remove the line that makes them that way.
spawn units normally (ala the code needed to spawn them) just a wild unit. or go into Gm-editor(gui/gm-editor) on the unit you spawn and find the civ section then replace what ever there with -1.
you really should keep a separate save file on you if you're using Spawnunit.
you could edit lua in Notepad.
the line should be at the bottom where the script goes and alter the unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4955 on: December 09, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

I'd be interested in a ''spawnunit friendly'', ''spawnunit civ'', ''spawnunit hostile'' and ''spawnunit pet''. Currently intelligent critters are civ-members, non-intelligent are pets, and with opposed to life or crazed I can do hostiles... but no friendlies, and not all that much control, especially the intelligent civ members that dont share the race with your civ. They are civ members, but cant do labors, just hang around the meeting areas.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Science Division
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:55 pm »

Apologies for intruding, I was wondering whether there is a way to ascertain which way a dwarf is facing using DFHack? I assume there must be some related variable which stores which way dwarves are facing, since they can be attacked from behind.

It has something to do with the position of the creature's current target. You need an "ally" in melee range on the other side of the creature so that you can attack "from the side" or "from behind". If no-one is threatening a creature in melee, it doesn't appear to have a facing.

Ah, so that would mean that a single creature (with no allies close by) has no hope of ever performing a side/back attack, even on escaping enemies. Thank You for the information.

No signature

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: December 11, 2013, 11:50:55 am »

Is there any fix for units spawned by spawnunit being considered "not tame" and not showing up on the pets screen?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ξlectɍonaughtƴ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: December 11, 2013, 03:09:06 pm »

Hi. I'm trying to use Workflow to run my fortress and I'd like to arrange this.

I have no bit. coal or lignite on the map but plenty of trees, However I can import fuel periodicly. I'd like to have a quotum of coal bars that prefers to make coal out of bit. coal or lignite but only when that is not in stock burn wood to fulfill the quotum.

Did I state that clearly enough? Is that possible to arrange?

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: December 11, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »

Hi, another ''spawnunit'' question:

Can I specify age and gender?
Specifically, being able to spawn children/young is what I want - but can it be done?

How exactly would I type out said command into dfhack? (I do not understand ruby or lua, so reading the file isn't often helpful...)

PS: if the above isn't possible, can I modify age using the gm-editor?

Thanks in advance

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: December 11, 2013, 06:33:49 pm »

Hi, another ''spawnunit'' question:

Can I specify age and gender?
Specifically, being able to spawn children/young is what I want - but can it be done?

How exactly would I type out said command into dfhack? (I do not understand ruby or lua, so reading the file isn't often helpful...)

PS: if the above isn't possible, can I modify age using the gm-editor?

Thanks in advance

I don't know about age, but you can select a caste by entering the caste number beside the creature ID. The very first caste is always number 0.

For example, entering 'spawnunit ROC 0' will spawn a female, while entering a 1 will spawn a male.
I take great solace in your flammability.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: December 11, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »

No age; the age should be exact moment of adulthood though.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: December 11, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

No age; the age should be exact moment of adulthood though.

Hmm... So, in the case of spawning new dwarves, all the spawned dwarves will be exactly 12 years old and even share the same birthday (the month and day they were "spawned")?

Isn't it possible to script a random number generator with lua?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: December 11, 2013, 08:04:12 pm »

It already is somewhat random AFAIK; they're all born at 15 years old, actually, on my version all creatures are, which is... a problem, to say the least, I just realized how stupid that is.

Yeah, it's random. They have random deathdays, at least.

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: December 12, 2013, 06:40:41 am »

thanks for the replies guys.

So is it possible to add the ability to change age? And if so, how hard is it to do?

I don't know ruby or lua at all, but I don't want to ask someone if they could do it or would kindly help me to, if it will take them hours to do so...
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 373