Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1396298 times)

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5010 on: December 24, 2013, 08:56:01 am »

I'm adding some more data to dwarfexport, and noticed a (probably minor) problem while I was working. The XML file written by dwarfexport claims to use 'ibm850' encoding, but that's not true if any dwarves' names contain common DF symbols. I think these are called "diacritics".

For example, "Edem" is a common dwarf name in my save data, but if diacritics are not removed, it is written "Ed‰m" by the game, and subsequently printed that way in the XML file by dwarfexport. "Ed‰m" isn't compatible with 'ibm850' encoding. So my XML viewer stops loading the XML and complains when it runs into that pesky "‰".

If I open the exported XML file in a plain text editor, and change the encoding string to 'ASCII', then my browser can properly read the XML file. (I think 'ASCII' is the most correct encoding. Maybe that should be a question...)

Should I correct the encoding string (from 'ibm850' to 'ASCII') in dwarfexport, while I'm in there? It's not a big deal - it's just confusing/annoying when I am using an XML viewer, and must manually change the encoding to 'ASCII' before the viewer will work.

Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: December 24, 2013, 09:11:03 am »

Okay, I think this is good to go. Profession number for babies is actually 104, at least in 34.11.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Now it catches only the desired dwarf and the armourer. The armourer was injured in the same ambush, but ended up receiving medical care. She is knocked out, recovered, lies unconscious for a week, and then gets up and goes back to work.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:55:09 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Antalia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 24, 2013, 09:40:11 am »

I am adding a little data to dwarfexport (see above) and I am sorely tempted to fix something that has been driving me nuts for a long time:

When a dwarf lacks a middle name, dwarfexport writes the dwarf's first name twice in the XML <Name> attribute, followed by the surname(s).

For example, let's say you have nicknames set to [NICKNAME_DWARF:REPLACE_FIRST] or [NICKNAME_DWARF:CENTRALIZE] in d_init.txt. You have two dwarves, Urist Bistoksazir and `Bubbles' Zimeshinod (whose original first name was Zasit). You run dwarfexport. Dwarfexport writes <Name>Urist Urist Bistoksazir</Name> for Urist, and <Name>Zasit `Bubbles' Zimeshinod</Name> for Bubbles. (For completeness' sake, you'll get the same thing for Urist, and <Name>`Bubbles'</Name> for Bubbles, if your d_init.txt has the other nickname option, [NICKNAME_DWARF:REPLACE_ALL].)

I tentatively made a correction to dwarfexport, so that dwarves with no nickname just have their first name printed once in the <Name> attribute. So, Urist's record is always <Name>Urist Bistoksazir</Name>). (And, dwarves with nicknames behave exactly the same way as they do currently.)

BUT !

I don't know if anyone else is relying on dwarfexport's duplicated first names. (One of my applications relies very heavily on dwarfexport, but I don't know whether other DFHackers are using dwarfexport.) If anyone wants to keep the duplicate names, I will keep my hands off, and perhaps add a <CorrectName> attribute or something, that doesn't have first name duplication.

TLDR: Is anyone relying on duplicate first names, for dwarves lacking a nickname, in the <Name> attribute from dwarfexport?
Author of Saga of Nutscaves, a tale of unsafe working conditions, plague, and worse

Creator of Dwarf Organizer, a Java application to help assign labor in your fortress

darling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: December 25, 2013, 06:38:58 am »

Is there a version of dwarf manipulator where the custom labours of ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ are a used.
I just installed V.4 of MDF and I got the vanilla job descriptions...

I like dwarf manipulator more than Dwarf Therapist, because it is ingame. Therapist gets me distracted from the game a lil bit.
I am about to write a little extension for dwarf manipulator, so I wondered about this.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5014 on: December 25, 2013, 10:27:06 am »

What exactly did you type? Was it "stripcaged all" or something more targeted? And what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? Does it not dump any items, or does it only dump some items?

I tried both, just stripcaged and stripcaged all, and it only dumps weapons and the bags that thieves have. Haven't gotten any soldiers in the traps yet though, so I don't know about things other than thieves.

I tested "stripcaged all" on a pair of goblin crossbowmen that were caught in cage traps, and got the following results:

Dumped:
Crossbows
Quivers
Bolts that were embedded in a wound

Not Dumped:
Clothing
Armor
Bolts in the quiver

Using DFHack r4
EDIT: and there is no visible change between the code in the .rb file from r3 to r4. Haven't tested r3 behavior.

THANK YOU for confirming what I was trying to tell you guys. Doing it the old fashioned way works fine at least.

For some reason, the version says r3, but since Urist Da Vinci says that this is r4 and I'm seeing the same behavior, I guess I'm using r4. However, the behavior is exactly the same as Urist Da Vinci saw, the clothes don't get dumped, but the weapons (and bags apparently) do. Also, I'm using LNP r41, which is still the latest right now.

I'll see if it dumps corpses in cages and things left in there from animal training when I get the chance.

Also, I used stripcaged all the time in the previous r3 version and I can tell you. It used to have a few options like stripcaged all, stripcaged items and a few others. The behavior in the old r3 is what the description says, when I do stripcaged all, it dumps everything inside the cages, corpses, weapons, clothes, armor, stuff from taming, everything. Previously it would give the list of options if you just type stripcaged, but now it doesn't.
There are two different things in DFHack called "stripcaged", a Ruby script that Falconne wrote that has been included since r3 I think, and a C++ plugin also called "stripcaged" that I wrote that has been included since r2.  My plugin was marked as "development" so it's not included in the default DFHack build, but some integrators may have added it to their builds.  Falconne's script is superior to my plugin in every conceivable way.

It's possible that the reason for the change in behavior is that you had been using the C++ plugin before and are now using the Ruby script.  Or vice versa.  If you're using the stock DFHack build you are using the script.  If you're using a DFHack build provided by an integrator, you'll have to talk to the integrator to find out which you have, as which you get depends on the build options selected by the integrator.  Or you can try typing "unload stripcaged"; if it doesn't give you an error, then you were using the C++ plugin.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5015 on: December 25, 2013, 10:28:39 am »

Is there a version of dwarf manipulator where the custom labours of ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ are a used.
I just installed V.4 of MDF and I got the vanilla job descriptions...

I like dwarf manipulator more than Dwarf Therapist, because it is ingame. Therapist gets me distracted from the game a lil bit.
I am about to write a little extension for dwarf manipulator, so I wondered about this.
There is no custom version. Someone who knows C++ would have to compile it again, changing the labor and profession names to fit the naming scheme in MDF.

I would like to repeat a request that I have made before: A plugin for power-requirements for workshops. Similar to the steamengine, just the other way around. IndigoFenix just started brainstorming a tech/steampunk race, and it would come in super handy. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: December 25, 2013, 01:58:41 pm »

There is no custom version. Someone who knows C++ would have to compile it again, changing the labor and profession names to fit the naming scheme in MDF.

I would like to repeat a request that I have made before: A plugin for power-requirements for workshops. Similar to the steamengine, just the other way around. IndigoFenix just started brainstorming a tech/steampunk race, and it would come in super handy. :)

Well, if it's just changing the names, that would be easy. Have to think about it...
The extension I'm writing, colors the job columns of a dwarf according to his qualification for it, either green or red.
For micromanagement freaks like me, this can be handy, I think.
For later I had the idea of a new workshop, "job-center". Idea is, when dwarfs have no jobs for many periods or long periods of time, they would start to hang around the job center (starting fist fights, maybe :) ). In the job center menu, the system automatically will create job anouncements like "Another tanner is needed" or "The Magma Furnace needs a head".
Jobless dwarfs will eventually applicate for the anouncements and you can hire them, then.

The power-req-plugin on the other hand sounds more complicated to me. I have not digged that much into the code ( actually I wouldn't know where to make a start...)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5017 on: December 25, 2013, 02:11:33 pm »

Its just renaming.

Spoiler: List of changed names (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: December 26, 2013, 04:26:04 pm »

There are two different things in DFHack called "stripcaged", a Ruby script that Falconne wrote that has been included since r3 I think, and a C++ plugin also called "stripcaged" that I wrote that has been included since r2.  My plugin was marked as "development" so it's not included in the default DFHack build, but some integrators may have added it to their builds.  Falconne's script is superior to my plugin in every conceivable way.

I didn't write stripcaged.rb. Looking at the history, jjyg did.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: December 26, 2013, 05:48:13 pm »

I didn't write stripcaged.rb. Looking at the history, jjyg did.

Didn't we solve this problem 7 pages ago?:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4801794#msg4801794
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4801930#msg4801930
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4802179#msg4802179

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5020 on: December 26, 2013, 06:30:50 pm »

Quick question about Auto-Syndrome and r4:

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:GUILD_PRIEST3_F]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:Becoma a Priest]
[SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\AUTO_SYNDROME][SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][MELTING_POINT:9000][BOILING_POINT:905][SOLID_DENSITY:55520]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:DWARF:PRIEST_FEMALE]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0:END:299]
[CDI:INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_GUILD_PRIEST3_F]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]

I have a couple of these in my mod. They add a syndrome that adds an interaction that runs truetransform (because truetransform didnt work when done from syndrome, it had to be an interaction, dont ask me why), and I was wondering if that COMMAND is strictly speaking necessary. I just want to know if I can delete it, or if it will break anything. Because there is no command I give dfhack, its just "run autosyndrome to affect that worker".

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: December 26, 2013, 07:59:19 pm »

It's not necessary at all. \COMMAND is only for running DFHack commands through syndromes as they would in the console.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5022 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:26 pm »

I guessed that. But is it contraproductive? Because ingame, the guild transformation still seems to work. I just tested it. Probably because there are no more syn-classes after the \command.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: December 26, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »

It might waste some CPU time, but... well, it's a negligible amount.

Mostly I'd worry about possible (harmless) errors that might pop up.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5024 on: December 26, 2013, 09:34:37 pm »

There is no error message in dfhack. But I havent tested them all.. maybe some have LOCATION, which will probably result in a "location is not a recognized command". Dont worry. I just noticed this command in odd places in Teellox patched version, and was wondering if its intentional or not.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 373