Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1407919 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5370 on: March 29, 2014, 03:31:06 pm »

how do I spawn units with certain castes like a ant man worker or a black dragon from masterwork dwarffortress which I am play right now

You can put in a number argument after you put it in the name of the spawn command and the ID of the creature.

For example, 'spawn DRAGON 0' will spawn a female red dragon, but 'spawn DRAGON 1' will spawn a male red dragon.

Edit: For a black dragon, the command will either be 'spawn DRAGON_CHROMATIC 2' or 'spawn DRAGON_CHROMATIC 3'.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:35:11 pm by BlackFlyme »

catvanbrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: March 29, 2014, 05:14:24 pm »

one more question, how do you give a civ id to a unit without giving it a x y z location and only using the pointer

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: March 29, 2014, 08:30:20 pm »

Apparently, while I was gone, DFHack updated itself, and now magmasource won't work.
That's really inconvenient.
Especially since I'm in a glacier with absolutely no foliage whatsoever and the nearest volcano is far, far, far away from where I embarked because it's a glacier and whatnot.
Troubleshooting?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: March 30, 2014, 07:04:39 am »

Use the liquids command?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: March 30, 2014, 09:10:10 am »

I want to start dfhack from a terminal on Linux and have Dwarf Fortress run with xinit. I really prefer not sttarting my window manager if it is possible to avoid it and I know
Code: [Select]
xinit ./libs/Dwarf_Fortressworks in the df script shipped with the linux version of the game.

I tried doing something like that with dfhack, but inserting xinit before every instance of ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress doesn't work but fails with
xinit: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV8rendererI have no idea what that means and how to deal with that.

Playing with dfhack in text mode works, generally (and I think it actually looks better then any tileset or graphics pack) but then I cannot access the console easily, the dfhack.init isn't loaded for some reason and keybindings don't work at all (I guess dfhack doesn't deal with ncurses?).

Any pointers or outright solutions?
Taste my Paci-Fist

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5375 on: March 30, 2014, 12:32:48 pm »

Is it really that much of an inconvenience to use a graphical user interface?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: March 30, 2014, 12:36:25 pm »

I want to start dfhack from a terminal on Linux and have Dwarf Fortress run with xinit.

I'm guessing you mean "from the Linux console" rather than a generical terminal (xterm, etc.).

I tried doing something like that with dfhack, but inserting xinit before every instance of ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress doesn't work but fails with
xinit: symbol lookup error: ./hack/libdfhack.so: undefined symbol: _ZTV8rendererI have no idea what that means and how to deal with that.

So wait, you're running ./dfhack from the console, rather than within the X session?  Most likely, the shared library environment variables that dfhack sets are not being propagated through to the Dwarf_Fortress process running in the X session.

Try some variant of this, from the Linux console:

startx /usr/bin/rxvt -e /wherever/you/put/dfhack

If you don't have rxvt installed, run some other terminal emulator.  If you insist on skipping the entire dfhack script, then you'll have to set the shared library environment variables yourself.

I really think you're going to need a window manager though, unless you painstakingly set the geometry for the terminal emulator window so it doesn't overlap the Dwarf_Fortress window, since you won't be able to raise one above the other at will.

If you REALLY want to have the dfhack command line interface running on the Linux console, and Dwarf_Fortress running within an X session, with no X terminal emulator at all, then I have no idea how to achieve that.  I wouldn't even attempt it.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: March 30, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »

Well, it uses resources (DF runs more slowly when the window manager is running), it takes additional (and noticable) time to start up, it changes the behavior of my monitor in undesirable ways when working with the console (it really is annoying when I am working in emacs in the console and suddenly the monitor dims and I need to switch to X just to move the mouse a bit).
Of course I can start up the window manager every time I want to play DF, but I still hoped I didn't have to.

I want to start dfhack from a terminal on Linux and have Dwarf Fortress run with xinit.

I'm guessing you mean "from the Linux console" rather than a generical terminal (xterm, etc.).
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

So wait, you're running ./dfhack from the console, rather than within the X session?  Most likely, the shared library environment variables that dfhack sets are not being propagated through to the Dwarf_Fortress process running in the X session.

Try some variant of this, from the Linux console:

startx /usr/bin/rxvt -e /wherever/you/put/dfhack

If you don't have rxvt installed, run some other terminal emulator.  If you insist on skipping the entire dfhack script, then you'll have to set the shared library environment variables yourself.

I really think you're going to need a window manager though, unless you painstakingly set the geometry for the terminal emulator window so it doesn't overlap the Dwarf_Fortress window, since you won't be able to raise one above the other at will.

If you REALLY want to have the dfhack command line interface running on the Linux console, and Dwarf_Fortress running within an X session, with no X terminal emulator at all, then I have no idea how to achieve that.  I wouldn't even attempt it.
That's unfortunate, it's exactly what I was hoping for.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5378 on: March 30, 2014, 02:49:52 pm »

Well, it uses resources (DF runs more slowly when the window manager is running), it takes additional (and noticable) time to start up, it changes the behavior of my monitor in undesirable ways when working with the console (it really is annoying when I am working in emacs in the console and suddenly the monitor dims and I need to switch to X just to move the mouse a bit).
Of course I can start up the window manager every time I want to play DF, but I still hoped I didn't have to.
If running a window manager causes DF to run noticeably slower, then either your computer is underpowered or there's something seriously wrong with your window manager and you should consider using a different one. The fact that your monitor also randomly dims lends further credence to the "dodgy window manager" theory.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:52:13 pm by Quietust »
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: March 30, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »

I am playing around with upgrade-able buildings (you run a reaction and it changes the building from one into the other). I have it working just fine (assuming it is the same type and same size) but was just wondering if anyone had done this before and encountered any problems, or if anyone knows of any problems this might cause?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5380 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »

If you're changing one workshop into another, you should probably be careful to recategorize it (i.e. ->uncategorize() it, change the subtype, then ->categorize(1) it), otherwise the job manager will probably get confused upon attempting to assign jobs to it. There's also the matter of resetting the occupancy, in case the two types have different accessible/inaccessible tiles.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: March 30, 2014, 06:58:32 pm »

Ah, I didn't think about the manager or accessible tiles, good point. Will do some more testing and make sure it doesn't muck things up.

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: April 01, 2014, 02:49:34 pm »

Guys, is there any dfhack or another 3rd part way to revert tile changes and make them intact stone or ground again? For example, if you've dug a room and you don't like it anymore, is there any way to undo those actions and make that area intact and unexplored again?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »

Guys, is there any dfhack or another 3rd part way to revert tile changes and make them intact stone or ground again? For example, if you've dug a room and you don't like it anymore, is there any way to undo those actions and make that area intact and unexplored again?
Yes.

Don't have time to go into details, but look into the liquids plugin, it allows to paint obsidian walls. If you want something more fancy then: yes, but you would need to write a script/plugin.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: April 01, 2014, 04:05:34 pm »

I think it's possible with the tiletypes plugin, but I have no idea how that works.

Even without that, if you just clear the right flag on the tile, it should undig it, but you might run into problems if there's stuff there. I don't have the syntax memorized, but if you poke around in lua with "~" or "printall" you should be able to find what you're looking for without too much trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 373