Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388522 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5520 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:13 am »

Does embark anywhere work anymore? Or do I have to play with memory (offset not found)? I couldn't find any coherent answer.
Thanks.

The standalone utility should work, but it's not ideal.  There's also the "embark" script (iirc it is in r3), which should let you embark on sites etc.  A comprehensive embark plugin has recently been finished and is waiting for a release of dfhack r5. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

meeneque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: June 02, 2014, 07:44:17 am »

The standalone utility should work, but it's not ideal.  There's also the "embark" script (iirc it is in r3), which should let you embark on sites etc.  A comprehensive embark plugin has recently been finished and is waiting for a release of dfhack r5.

I was talking about script - it doesn't work for me.
As for standalone utlity - which one is it?

Thx

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5522 on: June 02, 2014, 08:07:15 am »

Neat. Just to make sure, the correct lines are :
mount_races/castes
pack_races/castes
pull_races/castes
minion_races/castes
wagon_races/castes
exotic_races/castes (or maybe pet_exotic_races/castes?)

They're all in here.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5523 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:08 am »

Thank You. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: June 02, 2014, 03:05:42 pm »

In light of the planned July 1 release (yay!), can we please do an official dfhack r5 sometime in June?
I guess there won't be a dfhack r5 now that an actual release that would break everything is so soon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: June 02, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »

In light of the planned July 1 release (yay!), can we please do an official dfhack r5 sometime in June?
I guess there won't be a dfhack r5 now that an actual release that would break everything is so soon.
Actually, there is an active discussion on IRC about releasing r5 (the current estimate is around two weeks). We want a release before the next DF release so it isn't delayed further by the need to update DFHack's memory structures.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5526 on: June 02, 2014, 03:47:28 pm »

That is very good news. I support a dfhack r5 for 34.11. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: June 02, 2014, 04:09:47 pm »

Current plan is that I'll do it and make a new thread and everything in two weeks unless someone else does it first.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:38 pm »

I know it's a lot of work, so thanks!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5529 on: June 03, 2014, 11:53:53 am »

Thank you Urist DaVinci, Expwnent and Quietust. I did do some testruns with the pet, minions, puller/packer/wagons that are added by script. It works as advertised and allows many new features. Gnomish steamtanks as wagons, pulled by steamengine creatures... or orc sieges that suddenly bring squads of ogres, cyclops and minotauri along, just like goblins bring trolls. It is all very, very neat. :)

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: June 03, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »

Is there a changelog of what will be new in r5?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: June 03, 2014, 08:28:16 pm »

Thank you Urist DaVinci, Expwnent and Quietust. I did do some testruns with the pet, minions, puller/packer/wagons that are added by script. It works as advertised and allows many new features. Gnomish steamtanks as wagons, pulled by steamengine creatures... or orc sieges that suddenly bring squads of ogres, cyclops and minotauri along, just like goblins bring trolls. It is all very, very neat. :)

It occurred to me that they would be missing animal products - all your meats, leathers, cheeses, wool, etc. is tracked elsewhere in the entity resources structure (so it doesn't have to be recalculated after worldgen).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5533 on: June 04, 2014, 03:08:49 am »

It occurred to me that they would be missing animal products - all your meats, leathers, cheeses, wool, etc. is tracked elsewhere in the entity resources structure (so it doesn't have to be recalculated after worldgen).
I checked the embark, the leathers, meat, cheese, wool... its all still there. No issues.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5534 on: June 04, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

I checked the embark, the leathers, meat, cheese, wool... its all still there. No issues.
If the civilization already had access to the creature by other means, then you'll be fine, but if you were adding a special creature (e.g. no biomes) to pack/pull/mount/pet/minion then its products will NOT be automatically included - I just checked the code, and I can't find evidence of that being done afterwards, so you do need to add those yourself, and doing it correctly is a bit complicated:

Code: [Select]
* If the civilization has USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS:
** if the creature/caste lacks CAN_LEARN or the civ's ethic for EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER is set to ACCEPTABLE, REQUIRED, or PERSONAL_MATTER:
*** add to fish_races/fish_castes if it has FISHITEM
*** add to egg_races/egg_castes if it has LAYS_EGGS
*** for each entry in caste_raw.unknown2.materials where the entry in caste_raw.unknown2.unk_2f30 is zero:
**** for every reaction product that the material has:
***** if the reaction product ID matches any reaction that produces SKIN_TANNED (e.g. TAN_A_HIDE), add the product material to resources.organic.leather
**** if the material has the MEAT flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.meat
**** if the material has the LEATHER flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.leather and resources.misc_mat.crafts
**** if the material has the BONE flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.refuse.bone
**** if the material has the SHELL flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.refuse.shell
**** if the material has the PEARL flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.refuse.pearl
**** if the material has the HORN flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.refuse.horn
**** if the material has the TOOTH flag, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.refuse.ivory
*** add caste_raw.unknown2.mat_type/mat_index to resources.misc_mat.meat
** add each material from caste_raw.extracts.extract_mat/matidx to resources.misc_mat.extracts
** if caste.extracts.milkable_mat/matidx is valid, add it to resources.misc_mat.extracts if valid
** if the entity has PERMITTED_JOB:SHEARER and PERMITTED_JOB:SPINNER:
*** for each entry in caste_raw.shearable_tissue_layer, add all shearable YARN tissue materials to resources.organic.wool (part_idx/unk_8 into body_info.body_parts[], then layer_idx/unk_18 into body_part_raw.tissue_id, then that tissue_id into creature_raw.tissue[] to get the mat_type/index)
** if caste.extracts.blood_mat/matidx is valid, add it to resources.misc_mat.extracts if valid
** if caste.extracts.webber_mat/matidx is valid and made of SILK, add it to resources.misc_mat.crafts and resources.organic.silk
** for each entry in caste_raw.body_info.attacks
*** add each value for specialattack_mat_type/index to resources.misc_mat.extracts, though to avoid bug #1044 you should first make sure the corresponding specialattack_type is equal to INJECT_EXTRACT (0) and the matter state is not equal to GAS (2)
** for each entry in caste_raw.secretion, add mat_type/index to resources.misc_mat.extracts if the matter_state is not equal to GAS (2)
** if you added an entry to resources.misc_mat.extracts that has a CHEESE_MAT reaction product, add that product material to resources.misc_mat.cheese
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:09:19 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 373