Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388535 times)

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5535 on: June 04, 2014, 03:59:08 pm »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/NEWS
I see a lot of scripts such as what was made by Urist Da Vinci (or forumdwarves or "text will be text") are not included. Will they be compatible?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: June 04, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »

If they're just little ruby or Lua scripts, most likely. If they're actual plugins in .dll form, no.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: June 04, 2014, 10:08:02 pm »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/NEWS
I see a lot of scripts such as what was made by Urist Da Vinci (or forumdwarves or "text will be text") are not included. Will they be compatible?

If the lua scripts used game data which was named "unk_*" or "anon*" or similar, it may have been renamed in r5. This would happen if we had discovered recently what the data does, and gave it a proper name. This would break the script temporarily until the new name was used.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: June 04, 2014, 11:58:32 pm »

is there a way to resize farms using dfhack.  Kind of like how I can cut away pieces of zones and/or stockpile areas.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: June 05, 2014, 10:08:31 am »

is there a tree array in the df structures I can cycle through?

I'm hoping to type up a script that applies a chance of upgrading saplings to trees.

I'd also like a small chance to spawn saplings at a nearby radius (say a 2 step distance from the source tree, I would have to check if the destination tile is currently on map and a conditional check if it's a soil based tile with no existing tree/sapling).  The second question is a little more difficult, however... if the trees had stored x,y coordinates in the array (if not, then I would need a way to extract x,y cordinates after being able to identify trees in some structure, and create my own array, say trees[], that has member variables {sapling/tree status, x,y coordinates}.

I was looking at the structures...

has trees and saplings defined

https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.plant-raws.xml

and soil is defined here
https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.tile-types.xml

now just need to be able to do a get x,y function.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:05:18 am by thistleknot »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5540 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:57 pm »

is there a tree array in the df structures I can cycle through?

I'm hoping to type up a script that applies a chance of upgrading saplings to trees.

I'd also like a small chance to spawn saplings at a nearby radius (say a 2 step distance from the source tree, I would have to check if the destination tile is currently on map and a conditional check if it's a soil based tile with no existing tree/sapling).  The second question is a little more difficult, however... if the trees had stored x,y coordinates in the array (if not, then I would need a way to extract x,y cordinates after being able to identify trees in some structure, and create my own array, say trees[], that has member variables {sapling/tree status, x,y coordinates}.

I was looking at the structures...

has trees and saplings defined

https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.plant-raws.xml

and soil is defined here
https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.tile-types.xml

now just need to be able to do a get x,y function.
The actual "tree" structure is in https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/df.plants.xml, but it's also used for shrubs so you'll need to take that into account.

The global list of all plants is here, but creating new trees from scratch requires following certain steps exactly or you will corrupt your savegame. For reference, those steps are correctly followed in this plugin command.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: June 05, 2014, 01:11:26 pm »

Is there a manual of some kind to write plugins/scripts or a repository that keeps track of all of them?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: June 05, 2014, 01:30:12 pm »

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: June 05, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »

It doesn't contain all the scripts, far from it, and it only provides documentation for lua (no ruby/python/c++).

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: June 05, 2014, 02:10:30 pm »

It doesn't contain all the scripts, far from it, and it only provides documentation for lua (no ruby/python/c++).
It's the official repo. See the develop branch for new stuff. Also there is no python bindings (afaik) and c++ part is mostly comment-documented and i learned by examples/hanging out in the irc and bugging the people that know stuff. As for ruby bindings (I forget who wrote it) they are really similar to lua.
Biggest problem is that you need to know df very intimately to do stuff. And there is just so much to know... I mean here is the data structures but still there are strange ways df is doing stuff. AFAIK there is no easy way. Also i should have written many tutorials and maybe someday i will until then i'll repeat myself: check other people scripts (especially the official repo ones, they might be nicer, more correct, etc...), bug people (especially in irc, though remeber timezones, and patience), play with gui/gm-editor - that is the thing i made for myself to check stuff out, and edit df on the fly and soon you'll be writing next great total conversion that allows you to build rockets and crash moons into enemy forts.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: June 05, 2014, 05:36:16 pm »

It doesn't contain all the scripts, far from it,

If there are scripts that you think should be there, open an issue and it should happen eventually. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: June 05, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »

is there a way to show the raw entry for a workshop job?  Often I'm wondering what skill/labor does a job (in a mod).

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: June 06, 2014, 06:13:08 am »

Code: [Select]
Invoking: gui/workflow
Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
Cannot find material: COAL:COKE
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: invalid constraint: BAR//COAL:COKE
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'setConstraint'
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:950: in function <...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:949>
[C]: in function 'on_submit'
...rf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts/gui/workflow.lua:351: in function 'on_activate'
...k Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:322: in function <...k Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui\widgets.lua:318>
(...tail calls...)
...asterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:472: in function <...asterwork Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\gui.lua:467>
(...tail calls...)
[C]: in ?
Invoking: gui/workflow

Didn't see a specific thread for Workflow (other than extremely old) so posting here; this was the version packaged with Masterwork v5.02 on Dwarf Fortress 0.34.11

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5548 on: June 06, 2014, 08:15:47 am »

By any chance did you attempt to invoke gui/workflow before you actually loaded your fortress?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: June 06, 2014, 08:25:34 am »

No, this was quite into the game. Save file here.

The link was for a separate issue but the workflow issue also came up.
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 373