Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1388804 times)

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.11 r3
« Reply #5550 on: June 06, 2014, 12:41:37 pm »

I've had the same issue, also well into the game, and only if I use the GUI. If I set limits on coal through the command line, using " workflow count BAR//COAL 20 ", no problems. I think the problem is that the job-scraper is getting the wrong material for the product, as terrifically helpful as that is.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: June 07, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »

What source file contains grow for growing saplings into trees?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: June 07, 2014, 04:41:24 pm »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: June 07, 2014, 05:03:11 pm »

Is there a way to get the actual value of a room?

Related: is there a way to get the directionality of an engraving?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: June 07, 2014, 10:58:21 pm »

I've had no migrants for a long while.  I'm wondering is their a dfhack way to exploit my status as a new embark?  I have the dwarf # limited to 40 dwarf's, I don't think changing that value either in memory, or in the .ini will have an affect, as I'm still under that number.  I think the problem is actually not doing well with trading with other civilizations (probably my home civ).

Is there a way to hack my home civ's regard to myself, and if so where?

Update:

I used force caravan player to force a diplomat.  I then proceeded to trade with him to his advantage, yet skipped out on meeting the diplomat who left unhappy, and I GOT MIGRANTS!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:09:52 am by thistleknot »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: June 08, 2014, 11:48:49 am »

Is it possible to assign pets to particular dwarfs using DFHack? I am thinking for the spawn script it might be nice to have the spawn become attached to the casting dwarf (like a mages familiar).

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5556 on: June 08, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »

Is it possible to assign pets to particular dwarfs using DFHack? I am thinking for the spawn script it might be nice to have the spawn become attached to the casting dwarf (like a mages familiar).
Yes - create a pet_info record, fill in all of the appropriate fields, insert the record into ui.pet_info, then create specific_refs to it from the pet itself (using type PETINFO_PET) and the owner (using type PETINFO_OWNER). Of course, you'll also want to generate a name for the pet, though this is beyond the scope of this post.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: June 08, 2014, 03:09:12 pm »

Thank you Urist DaVinci, Expwnent and Quietust. I did do some testruns with the pet, minions, puller/packer/wagons that are added by script. It works as advertised and allows many new features. Gnomish steamtanks as wagons, pulled by steamengine creatures... or orc sieges that suddenly bring squads of ogres, cyclops and minotauri along, just like goblins bring trolls. It is all very, very neat. :)

Three questions about this;
1. Does this mean that you can make civs bring along creatures that normally do not appear in the game? (i.e. don't have any BIOME tags).
2. What happens if you use it on creatures without the [PET] token (or any of the other similar tokens)?
3. What happens if you use it on a creature that is INTELLIGENT and a member of another civ? Can you have human sieges bring along squads of elves?

Yes - create a pet_info record, fill in all of the appropriate fields, insert the record into ui.pet_info, then create specific_refs to it from the pet itself (using type PETINFO_PET) and the owner (using type PETINFO_OWNER). Of course, you'll also want to generate a name for the pet, though this is beyond the scope of this post.

I've never worked with specific_refs before, is there anything special that needs to be done with them, or is it just like creating new records and inserting them into the pet and owner?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5558 on: June 08, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »

1. Does this mean that you can make civs bring along creatures that normally do not appear in the game? (i.e. don't have any BIOME tags).
2. What happens if you use it on creatures without the [PET] token (or any of the other similar tokens)?
3. What happens if you use it on a creature that is INTELLIGENT and a member of another civ? Can you have human sieges bring along squads of elves?
1, Yes, 2, It acts as pet, 3, It should act as pet as well.

I have one issue with it, and thats that the pack/pull animals dont work, they do get added, but the caravans arrive completely empty. So pack/pull has to be done the normal way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5559 on: June 08, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »

I have one issue with it, and thats that the pack/pull animals dont work, they do get added, but the caravans arrive completely empty. So pack/pull has to be done the normal way.
In what way is the caravan "empty"? Do they not have pack animals at all, or are they not carrying anything?

If the latter, there are two possibilities that come to mind:
1. You forgot to set a TRADE_CAPACITY, though it should default to 1000 if not specified
2. The civilization doesn't have any actual trade goods at all, which shouldn't really happen unless you haven't given them any of the various tokens (STONE_PREF, GEM_PREF, USE_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS, INDOOR_FARMING, OUTDOOR_FARMING, INDOOR_WOOD, OUTDOOR_WOOD, and USE_MISC_PROCESSED_WOOD_PRODUCTS).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: June 08, 2014, 08:08:10 pm »

1, Yes, 2, It acts as pet, 3, It should act as pet as well.

1. Yes
2. Civs will bring those creatures to the map in caravans or as migrant pets, and you can embark with them. Their actual behaviour on-map is governed by the tokens, so they won't act like creatures with the [PET] token AFTER they arrive.
3. Yes, I have brought elves and they show up as "tame elf" that appear in the citizens list (not the pets list). They may have AI bugs due to not being the fort race - Toady really ought to allow multicultural forts.

4. I had elves pulling dwarf caravan wagons; I don't recall it requiring anything special to work.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: June 10, 2014, 04:10:52 am »

fun fact for any future Dfhack users DO NOT SUMMON GODS INTO THE MORTAL REALM in attempts to talk to them
it will only end with them being HELLA PISSED OFF and not in any mood to talk at all.
how I did this well I fiddle with one of the blank historical units in adventure mode figuring since they don't really have an important soul I could cram a deity into them
also just as some weird idea figure if I reload the map it would 'fix' any errors I would get by changing the historical unit id.

well this happen when I did this on a farmer

Now I'm currently running away from a freshly awoken deity I should have learn better not to play god.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: June 12, 2014, 10:40:46 am »

Are there any plans to add support for any othe scripting languages to DFHack?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: June 12, 2014, 11:20:51 am »

I think Ruby is supported and I'm pretty sure I saw a few Python scripts laying around, though they might have been out-of-date. But I think the hard part isn't Lua (which is a fairly intuitive and straightforward language, on top of being perfectly adapted to plugins) but the API and complex data structures. I've been trying to wrap my head around these recently but the sheer amount of information to know is daunting, and there's no scripting language that can fix that.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:34 am »

Yeah, I had never used lua before I started scripting for DFHack, and it was a lot easier to learn that then it was to start piecing together the complexity of the API and DF itself.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373