Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1522748 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12015 on: March 18, 2015, 07:05:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Spoilered it since someone fixed the clap :D It will remain up for full disclosure but you don't have to look at it. It is just me being really angry.

Ok I feel better now :D thanks Zan
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 07:21:03 pm by Neonivek »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: March 18, 2015, 07:23:29 pm »

What mod do you have that changes the Helgen sequence like that?
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: March 18, 2015, 07:31:19 pm »

What mod do you have that changes the Helgen sequence like that?
There are quite a few that do so. I like Skyrim Unbound the best.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:00:42 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: March 19, 2015, 01:08:47 am »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:43 pm »

Hahaha, I lost it at "they can call upon a Jarl's backside in combat"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:41 pm »

Boethiah ate the Aedra Trinimac to make some kind of point.
Y'got me, this shit's hilarious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: March 19, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »

The damn game deactivated some of my mods after updating the ones from steam workshop but I can't remember which ones...

Is there any way to figure out what my previous mod loadout was so that I can continue playing my current character without my save being corrupted?

and

Is there any way to stop the built-in launcher from doing this?
And on a related note, is there any way to set the game to never update workshop mods after downloading them the first time?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: March 19, 2015, 10:36:55 pm »

The damn game deactivated some of my mods after updating the ones from steam workshop but I can't remember which ones...

Is there any way to figure out what my previous mod loadout was so that I can continue playing my current character without my save being corrupted?

and

And on a related note, is there any way to set the game to never update workshop mods after downloading them the first time?

Ah crap. I saw a 1.1 meg update and was like "I hope this didn't fuck up my mods." Hopefully the SKSE launcher won't do this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: March 19, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »

and

Ah crap. I saw a 1.1 meg update and was like "I hope this didn't fuck up my mods." Hopefully the SKSE launcher won't do this.

It shouldn't.
It didn't for me (I usually use the SKSE launcher but I opened the vanilla launcher to make a couple of changes to my mod loadout and while I was there the launcher decided to make some of its own changes)

I don't think what happened to me is related to the problems some people were having with the update to the actual game. I'm pretty sure this is about the launcher trying to update my mods (IIRC it had happened to me before, and for the longest time I had made a point of disconnecting the internet first if I ever opened the built-in launcher and only ever actually launching the game through SKSE; but I haven't played the game in a while and I forgot)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: March 19, 2015, 11:34:15 pm »

and

Mod list should be stored in the saved game. I remember the Construction Kit or some of its predecessors could open or at least show what these were, but I'm not sure.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: March 19, 2015, 11:35:38 pm »

Wrye Bash does.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: March 21, 2015, 04:05:54 pm »

Skywind seems to be progressing nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAFOCFFf_U

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:26 am »

My modded Oblivion is amazing. Dunno how I did it, but I probably screwed something up with bashed patch and it turned out great :D

All this is oblivion, not skyrim. I don't really see too much of a point in making an oblivion thread. Probably an old one here already. A new one probably wouldn't be very popular and end up just being a which elder scrolls is better.

Anyway, so far this is my experience in my screwed up Oblivion...

Its like a complete civil war rofl. Its so much fun :D

So, as I roam around to different villages...one village in particular. Two imperials were going toward the village on horses, the village guards (not imperials, they were called something else and had custom looking armor) suddenly go in and attack the imperials. I stand by and watch, and suddenly an imperial turns toward me and attacks (dunno why, but he must not like me staring at him)...I end up near dead, but then he goes down in a sword swing from the village guard. Other imperial finishes village guard off and rampages through the village, killing random merchants and npcs.

But that isn't the end of it. Another imperial came by and started attacking the imperial murderer. Both imperial guards mind you. Now its a full on duel between them. One dies (forgot which one as I got distracted and they both looked about the same since I didn't really look carefully, I think the murderer as the other imperial went back to his business).

So I head to a city (open better cities, so cities are actually in the world)...and see imperials attacking the city guards (chorrol it was, the city the game directs you to at the start) and its a full on attack. 4 imperials against I think it was 6 or 7 chorrol guards (there was an extra one or two but I think they died). The imperials obviously go down from outnumbered, but not without doing some damage to chorrol. One imperial just took off from the battle and started attacking NPCs, but he didn't kill anyone as he died before he could.

Then one village, it was hilarious...it was a coup...literally...half the village guards were attacking the other half the village guards (dunno where the merchants/npcs were, I think they ran off) and the random imperial that would come in and join one of the group. I figured there was some secret underground plot from some of the guards to take over the village as their own.

But the best "battle" was when I entered a village and all the guards came at me and killed me. I laughed a lot. Guess they don't take kindly to foreigners into their village :P

Best modded Oblivion :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:24:26 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: March 25, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

Well, I tried PERMA for Skyrim. That Skyrim Redone upgrade.

I ended up giving up. Every time it hit staff and scrolls, it would give a null error. I deactivated a bunch of magic mods and it still did it. After 6-7 hours (that was a huge waste of time), I gave up and went to Requiem. I even only have 32bit java installed, and it still gave me that error. Tried outside mod organizer and with organizer...same thing.

Which Requiem's patcher actually WORKED, and the game works great when I made a new character.

Dunno what the perma patcher does, but it didn't work at all for me. Probably doesn't like a mod I have, but heck if I'm spending any more time trying to fix that.

Requiem+duel+another combat mod+SPERG works great anyway. And it only took 5 minutes for it to patch, not 1 hour to patch for perma and then end up with a null error.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 896