Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1521573 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13260 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:37 pm »

Okay, it's been about a week since I installed Skyrim SE and tried out a bunch of mods for it. The last time I played Skyrim would probably be about a year or so ago. Dunno. I've been avoiding SE until SKSE came out, but after some research, I figured the only real thing I would be missing would be SkyUI. Interestingly, SkyUI actually kinda works on SE but it's a bit of a faff getting it to run so I didn't bother.

Anyway, I loaded up about a hundred or so mods and gave it a few whirls over the week. Fiddling with the list as I went. I thought I'd review some of the big popular ones for you guys to save you the hassle like I went through:

----------

Actually, I'll just review the top files in Nexus that I have. Seems simpler that way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I covered what I've tried of the top 100 mods on Nexus for SSE.

----------

Here's some more that aren't in that list:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are more but they're mostly just minor things. I thought this should help give an idea of the modding scene for SSE as opposed to Skyrim normal.

------

I currently highly recommend INIGO and Amorous Adventures.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: July 16, 2017, 09:15:25 am »

So I did, what I a year thought was unthinkable.
I completely erased any mods and files related to old Skyrim (or Oldrim, as some refer to it now).
I freed up about 200-300 gigs of space.
And now I'm reinstalling Oldrim, and am only going to dedicate it for anything related to Legacy of the Dragonborn. (That museum mod I have been pestering you guys about.)

Anyone else feeling like they should be cleaning out old mods and files?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:21:39 am by Ultimuh »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:44 pm »

I started and began recording a completely vanilla run of Oblivion recently. I'll probably finish it, edit it into bits and pieces, maybe add commentary and upload it somewhere, since that sounds fun.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: July 27, 2017, 09:40:53 pm »

Is there a mod for Skyrim SE which makes it so that my custom keybinds are actually reflected in button prompts in menus instead of them just showing the default controls? I know that SkyUI did this in Oldrim on top of just being amazing in general, but due to SKSE64 related BS that mod apparently doesn't come for SSE yet.

* IronTomato attempts to favorite an item but drops it instead

Okay, it's been about a week since I installed Skyrim SE and tried out a bunch of mods for it. The last time I played Skyrim would probably be about a year or so ago. Dunno. I've been avoiding SE until SKSE came out, but after some research, I figured the only real thing I would be missing would be SkyUI. Interestingly, SkyUI actually kinda works on SE but it's a bit of a faff getting it to run so I didn't bother.
I'm still massively salty SKSE64 isn't a thing yet, since it's required for Dual Sheath Redux, which is required for me not internally screaming whenever I do a dual wield character.

I am nose to nose with a naked courier.
Again, he was never naked. He wore a hat.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:43:07 pm by IronTomato »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: July 27, 2017, 11:41:18 pm »

Don't you mean SKSESE? Or SKSE2? :P
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: July 29, 2017, 01:57:22 pm »

Irontomato I challenge your definition of naked, and propose an experiment!

You should go out in a public place wearing nothing but a hat. If passerby refer to you as "naked" more than, for example, "partially clothed", then the definition has changed in the public consciousness.

If not, you win.

Also, be sure to reassure everyone you meet that you do not, in fact, have a package or parcel with their name on it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: July 31, 2017, 10:54:30 am »

Looks about as similar to the multiplayer mods. Granted this could probably be further improved with engine access instead of relying on script calls.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: August 01, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »

I'd like to just vomit out a list of random thoughts about skyrim:
1. I've modded the game too hard, it crashes randomly now for seemingly no reason at all (quite often at that)

2. I've got a courier perpetually standing near the main gate to Whiterun doing absolutely nothing, he DOES have clothes on, which is a plus

3. I've got the Sofia mod, and find it hilarious how she still shows up in those areas that followers aren't supposed too

4. On a similar topic, I find her randomly taking off her armor really annoying (I feel as though being asexual probably makes the annoyance worse)

5. One time, (before I modded too hard) I had Inigo (another modded follower) and Sofia (which is my usual followers (I got one of those multiple follower mods (Although I don't usually use more than three as even ONE follower tends to end with me getting stuck and two makes it even worse, the only reason I have a third is because the third is a voiced Lord Scatsbury follower, but anything beyond that is just too much getting stuck))) and Sofia said her "I think I broke a nail" line, only for Inigo to follow up right after with a mocking line about breaking a nail.... Please note that as awesome as it would be, those two mods have no interaction meaning it was just pure luck

6. I REALLY don't understand why everyone uses graphics mods and such, maybe it's because I spent most of my early gaming time playing Zoo Tycoon (was actually the first actual computer game I ever played IIRC) and Risk II, and after that have mostly had fairly low end laptops and as such had to turn down all the graphics to play even fairly low end games (for example on my first actually mine laptop, towards the end of it's life A few games would just sort of have the sound stutter and the image freeze at random (although not actually that common) those games were Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2) but skyrims graphics look great to me, and I'm pretty sure I have them at lower points

7. On a related note: Realism mods confuse me, then again I'm the guy with a double jump mod, a mod that boosts run speed and jump height and a no fall damage mod

8. Quite a while ago, I installed a mod that made dragons use Portal 1 and 2 turret voice clips instead of normal roaring noises and such, it's hilarious and I love it.

9. I've got over 200 mods installed last I checked

10. On a related note: I somehow broke the mod count thing in the skyrim menu thingy, I had a hundred something mods installed (I think it was 117) uninstalled 3 and ended up with a total of 93 mods somehow because numbers I guess

11. One time I had armor that boosted speed among other things, the armor was in the opening sequence (I wanted to screw around with op stuff) and ended up walking into a wall, only to clip right through, fall for awhile and end up I didn't even know where in the tunnels at the time, let alone now

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: August 08, 2017, 02:30:24 am »

If I were to start recording my first honest attempt at beating TES: Arena would people be inclined to watch it?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: August 16, 2017, 11:55:35 pm »

I tried to play that skyrim card game thingy, it went not responding and crashed before even getting to the title screen, I guess I'm not playing that game today

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: August 29, 2017, 05:46:22 pm »

Hey guys, aren't you excited to pay for the ongoing demise of PC gaming as we start paying more and more for less and less?

So am I! I'm just so happy to take part in our festival of greed and self-destruction by purchasing the new Horse Armour mod!™ Only available on the Creation Club™ for the low price of US$3!

Don't worry guys! The Creation Club™ only has wholly original works that aren't stolen from anywhere! So buy yours today!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: August 29, 2017, 05:51:08 pm »

Oh don't worry, it is isn't the demise of pc gaming! Our console peasant friends are also enjoying this incredible new development!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:25 pm »

NO GUYS ITS A SLIPPERY SLOPE ARGUMENT YOU CANT DO THAT, THEY WILL NEVER MONETIZE MODS.

Said everyone who had their heads planted firmly in their rectum. The first thing they did is start looking at mods that already exist and straight-up copied the popular ones to sell.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: August 29, 2017, 08:05:06 pm »

Did people actually say that? I don't bother with much online interaction but I remember the second it failed with Skyrim thinking they'd just force it through with fallout 4 regardless. Also one of the reasons I haven't bought fallout 4.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: August 29, 2017, 08:42:01 pm »

My favourite thing about it is the .ba2 / bsa files are already on your hard drive, so in the cases of the weapons you just need to make an .esp to add them in for free!
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 896