Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897]

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 834044 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • *sneezes in Japanese*
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13440 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:00 pm »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • I heard that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: September 27, 2017, 01:40:21 pm »

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5lz4Q7F4li6kwKmakkgWww/skyrim-survival-mode-coming-soon

Hey look it's those things that were already made by other people, now sold by Bethesda.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: BLAZECOOKS III: Will have a memorial worthy of song.
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:47 pm »

Already made, and made better.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: September 27, 2017, 06:57:22 pm »

With modders adding custom UI elements and implementing things like this years ago, I wonder why Bethesda continues to beat the dead horse that is Skyrim?

The last piece of content that wasn't a re-release was in 2012, so aside from a lack of understanding of what players want (or drive to create new content) I'm not sure what their intention is between the Special Edition or Fallout 4 VR.

And they stand to gain a lot of enmity with players due to promising they wouldn't release paid mods... then going and doing just that (with a direct, snarky reference to the horse armor DLC in Fallout 4's version). I partially suspect it's setting the framework for unofficial mods in future games to no longer be a thing; if that's the case I will no longer buy their games.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: September 27, 2017, 07:02:24 pm »

That whole page reads like a poor imitation of Frostfall

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • of the Railgun Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: September 27, 2017, 07:16:46 pm »

With modders adding custom UI elements and implementing things like this years ago, I wonder why Bethesda continues to beat the dead horse that is Skyrim?

The last piece of content that wasn't a re-release was in 2012, so aside from a lack of understanding of what players want (or drive to create new content) I'm not sure what their intention is between the Special Edition or Fallout 4 VR.

And they stand to gain a lot of enmity with players due to promising they wouldn't release paid mods... then going and doing just that (with a direct, snarky reference to the horse armor DLC in Fallout 4's version). I partially suspect it's setting the framework for unofficial mods in future games to no longer be a thing; if that's the case I will no longer buy their games.
They're doing it for the console versions. Especially, I imagine, the Switch one.

HugoLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: September 28, 2017, 12:36:17 am »

I doubt they're ever going to kill unofficial mods. But I do suspect they're going to milk the ideas of modders for Skyrim as long as they can cuz they still don't have any cohesive ideas for TES VI yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:39:20 am by HugoLuman »
Daleks and Cybermen mod
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine {!ACTIVE AGAIN!}
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: September 28, 2017, 02:19:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We had this discussion in the Fallout 4 thread first and that thread isn't toxic. Rather, I believe right now people are talking about a cool atmospheric mod.

Also I believe people are pretty unified on this forum in thinking Bethesda is trying to fuck up their own games, except they're fucking up at fucking up so they just look like idiots. So there's not much toxicity to be had when everyone has the same mind about an issue.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:30 pm »

*I* disagree, but I discussed that to death in the dedicated topic for it :P
www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150273
I don't really feel like arguing about it anymore anyway, I said my piece and learned a few things from others.

"I'm ready to go right now," sun green told earth brown.
"Let's go back to my place, pick up my cat and leave this town behind."
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897]