Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 969886 times)

Sentient Bowtie

• Bay Watcher
  • ...For that is your fate. The fate of the cursed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13530 on: July 11, 2018, 09:35:09 pm »

Who says they are using a backpack.

There aren't even any backpacks in vanilla skyrim.
Who says they aren’t?
So far two babies have been born as a result from all the close action in the barracks.
You can't fuck a cartoon because cartoons are in two dimensions and you'd slice your dick off due to having touched the incredibly slight area of contact with any amount of force.

HugoLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: July 11, 2018, 09:56:16 pm »

It's the same storage technique for getting 100 bottles of skooma through muleport security
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine {Active again?}
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: July 12, 2018, 06:10:09 am »

Navels!
Love, scriver~

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: July 12, 2018, 08:58:51 pm »

I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: July 12, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »

Store it in sppaaaaaace!!! :3 :3
Khajiit has not been to moon.  What moon?  Khajiit is innocent of these crimes.

greatorder

• Bay Watcher
  • [FAPPING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: July 19, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »

So, been back into this game lately (And I'm surprised the thread is still going). Anyone know of any lesser-known secrets in this game? I mean, some secrets are only that by technicality (such as the ebony knight), and given how much stuff is in the game, I'd bet that some things are still pretty unknown.
My sigtext!

Unless you plan on playing something with me, don't friend me on Steam. I try to keep the list as small as possible and only with people I know IRL or want to play a game.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:50 pm »

I wasn't aware of the Ebony Warrior, huh.  Never leveled that much.
Quote from: An unregistered Wikia poster, explaining why the EW isn't dragonborn
The thu'um is a type of tonal magic. Nords learnt it from the dragons (specifically Parthurnax). Redguards taught it to themselves and called it sword singing, it was the same thing. The Dwemer also taught it to themselves and made a seperate school of magic for it. The Dwemer, unlike Nords, Redguards and Dragons, channel the power through their hands.
There are so many secrets that I just haven't encountered, so many books I could read more carefully or at all.  And old games to play through.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: July 19, 2018, 08:10:39 pm »

I wasn't aware of the Ebony Warrior, huh.  Never leveled that much.
Quote from: An unregistered Wikia poster, explaining why the EW isn't dragonborn
The thu'um is a type of tonal magic. Nords learnt it from the dragons (specifically Parthurnax). Redguards taught it to themselves and called it sword singing, it was the same thing. The Dwemer also taught it to themselves and made a seperate school of magic for it. The Dwemer, unlike Nords, Redguards and Dragons, channel the power through their hands.
There are so many secrets that I just haven't encountered, so many books I could read more carefully or at all.  And old games to play through.
Use UESP and not Wikia. Harumph.
Teneb's Miscmods, for more stuff in your fort.
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

HugoLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »

It's more accurate to say that the dwemer and redguards used tonal mechanics, not that their things were a subset of the thu'um. It's Tonal Mechanics -> all those things; not Tonal Mechanics->Thu'um-> all those things.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:07:49 pm by HugoLuman »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: July 19, 2018, 09:23:33 pm »

All magic might be considered music of a sort, it's just that the more structured type most people encounter is a bit more abstracted from it. Sword-singing, tonal architecture, the Thu'um and the
Selectives dancing on the Tower are all obvious cases, but what are somatic or verbal components of spells except dancing and singing?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: July 19, 2018, 09:32:41 pm »

Though by that reasoning, swinging a sword while screaming is also dancing and singing, even if there's no explicit swordsong or thuum attached.

Which is also plausible, mind, but if literally everything is another chord in The Song That Is The World it rather depreciates the value of calling it such.
Quote from: Caellath, on Steam
i'm not the aggressor
I'm like
Armored vampire stalin at most
Also, you are a videogame villain.
Or a xianxia protagonist.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSSESSED] [GUE'VESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: July 19, 2018, 09:44:03 pm »

The Elder Scrolls are the written 4th-wall-breaking ballad of the singular allfather, Eru Ilúvatar.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:55 pm »

if literally everything is another chord in The Song That Is The World it rather depreciates the value of calling it such.

I don't see why, since the all-encompassing nature of Music is the entire reason that changing the tune has physical effects.

HugoLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: July 19, 2018, 10:16:24 pm »

I had a theory once that the Akaviri might do something similar with body-motions (martial arts), and that the different Akaviri races we've heard of may just have different prominent styles/schools, with correspondingly different tonal effects (and of course the different spiritual/philosophical internal "motions" so-to-speak to accompany the literal motions of different martial arts). Thus, they may in fact be human (though practicing reality-warping arts could plausibly make them look different).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:40 am »

The Dwemer, unlike Nords, Redguards and Dragons, channel the power through their hands.
Just had a mental image of a dwemer waving his hands feverishly, trying to get his fingers to hum from the air passing through them.

A bit like those generated musical instruments in DF, like the brick that sings a high C by shaking it violently.
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904