Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1520968 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 06:43:33 pm »

Do weapons break or does your character just up and decide not to use them?

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 06:50:47 pm »

I've only taken work off to play two games, Oblivion and GTAIV.  With Oblivion, my buddy and I hermited out over 4 days at his place, eating Reser's burritos and drinking beer and Gatorade.  I felt like a crappy human being after that but holy lord it was fun.

I'm thinking I might just have to have a mini vacation for this one as well.  Super pumped... but I'm always super pumped when there's a lot of hype around a game.

Can't wait to see peoples reactions in this thread after its released!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:52 am »

I'm wondering. Since your main companion will be a blade, will you be able to use... him? it? in combat? I mean, he's most likely the best sword in the game, being enchanted and having a soul inside it or something.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 05:38:03 am »

Er... pretty sure he's one of the Emperor's Blades, which is an awesome title but doesn't transform him into a weapon. (Luckily.)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 06:44:14 am »

Yeah, it's not like DF where you could (dual)wield him. And if you could, it probably would be a blunt weapon, despite his title.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 07:58:37 am »

Yeah, it's not like DF where you could (dual)wield him. And if you could, it probably would be a blunt weapon, despite his title.

The Caius Cosades's corpse pierces the wolf's brain!
The wolf has been struck down.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 08:06:47 am »

Lmao.  My only comment!  ;D
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2011, 09:33:23 am »

Actually... He will literally be a sword, not a blade as in the Emperor's guards.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2011, 09:38:46 am »

Actually... He will literally be a sword, not a blade as in the Emperor's guards.

Why do you think he would be sword? All I heard was blade and thought that he's part of the organisation "blades".
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:51 am »

According to the info I've read, your 'Mentor' in the game will be a Blade, one of the last in the organization that survived the death of his fellows.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:55 am »

Not being a big TES lore knower, what do you mean by that?

Everyone was once Et'ada that reproduced too much and got weak.  Altmer think that by destroying the world they'll be able to return to their old forms.  Men disagree and think they'll surpass their old forms through the walking ways.(The endeavor, EG. CHIM, Apotheosis, The Scarab that Transforms into the New Man)  Hence why Auri-el/Alduin is a savior to the Altmer of Summerset, and the bringer of the apocalypse to the nords, while Lorkhan/Shor is a vile trickster to the Altmer, and the savior of the Nords.

TES mythology is some pretty crazy stuff.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2011, 10:00:06 am »

It could be both: A talking sword, like Warmonger from the Summoning, except that was evil and bloodthirsty. For some reason Warmonger hasn't been mentioned on either the tvtropes "The Sword That Speaks" page, nor on the "Evil Weapon" page. Odd. I don't see a button to register for a new account (just one to log in), or I'd add it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:07 am »

I know the discussion has moved passed this, but on the note of the existence of the previous hero... they become
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Wouldn't that be a good explanation as to their absence?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »

I know the discussion has moved passed this, but on the note of the existence of the previous hero... they become
Bloody brilliant.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2011, 04:43:47 pm »

Not being a big TES lore knower, what do you mean by that?
Basically what Cecilff said. Every object and being (people, animals, trees, stones, grass - even the laws of nature are made up of them) in the world descends/is reincarnated from the Aedra. Not just the Nine Divines, mind you, at the time of the world's creation there were countless amounts of them. When Lorkhan "tricked" them into creating the world the vast majority of the Aedra were forced to "die" and give their whole beings to the world, and became part of it. Those who became people/living stuff is described in lore as having been "forced to marry and make children to last".

And how does this make everybody technically have the soul of a dragon, you ask? Well, lore-wise, and metaphysically-wise, dragons pretty much == gods/Aedra (so does giants, by the way, but that is a whole different story). And

Though I doubt Beth cared about that.

That, and even if he didn't, it's still like 400 years later or something.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 896