Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1505631 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« on: August 14, 2011, 10:09:00 pm »

Mods

Here are my personal essentials, all can be found on Nexus, all are compatible with each other. Make sure you install SKSE beforehand, which can be found here. I am assuming you are using the latest Skyrim patch and Dawnguard. Many also need SkyUI's MCM Menu. Please check compatibility if you're using something else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Less essential stuff that I love:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:20:12 pm by Rex_Nex »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »

Thanks Rex.

... Unfortunately I don't think I have anything useful to say until the game actually comes out, but am commenting to follow on future developments.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 10:49:33 pm »

Yo, Oblivion was such a better game than Morrowind, hands down no questions asked.

:P

Was excited for Skyrim before I heard it would be dumbed down.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:18:24 pm »

The most Detailed and Up to Date Skyrim Info Thread

Might add that to the OP, shitloads of information.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

Replying to watch.

On that note, I've only ever played Oblivion in the series, and it was good enough. Why do people keep hating on it?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:57 pm »

I hope the only "X game is better than Y game" stuff being said is "Skyrim is better than Oblivion" because that's what it looks like right now. Like better in every way.

Holy crap they simulate economics? I'm going to have to play Bob the Mine Destroyer. One day, I stroll through every town and buy out all the metal stuff. Then I destroy every mine and sell my newly expensive items. It's perfect! What could go wrong?

Also if they got rid of telepathic guards, I'm probably going to just buy the game at launch and then dance around with the game strapped to my chest, singing about how wonderful their removal is.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 01:34:37 am »

this skyrim stuff is awful we need 2 go bck 2 old style like arena.

Hey, has anybody trolled with the obvious crude sex pun on the name yet? I won't share what it is, but man, that one is so obvious that it makes me wonder what Bethesda was thinking. When the game comes out, everybody who militantly hates it and lacks articulation abilities are going to be bringing it up every five minutes. Just you wait.

Seriously, only reason I'm not looking forward to this game.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:36 am »

Woah that skyrim thread there was amazing, so much info there.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 03:38:01 am »

I wanna be a cool sneaky Dunmer or a buff as heck Nord based on Mick Foley

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 03:48:23 am »

Dual Wielding Yay!  :D
Nehrim (a must-play oblivion conversion mod) had swords and daggers that acted as shields ("blocking sword"), and even that looked just so much cooler.

I just hope there's going to be more to explore. If you compare Nehrim's handcrafted stuff to Oblivions generated junk, there's so much more. Every dungeon has a little "story" of what happened, who lives there, where do they sleep, how is the ecosystem with the other beasts living on the lower levels, etc.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 03:53:46 am »

Radiant Story: Many quests are still completely governed by Bethesda, but the Radiant Story system helps randomize and relate the side quests to players to make the experience as dynamic and reactive as possible. Rather than inundate you with a string of unrelated and mundane tasks, it tailors missions based on who your character is, where you're at, what you've done in the past, and what you're currently doing. Radiant Story is also smart enough to know which caves and dungeons you've already visited and thus conditionalize where, for instance, a kidnapped person is being held to direct you toward a specific place you haven't been to before, populated with a specific level of enemy. Skyrim also tracks your friendships and grudges to generate missions. Do a small favor for a farmer and it may eventually lead to a larger quest. Some NPCs will even agree to be your companion to help you out in specific situations.
This seems... epic.

But... by jah... the bugs we will have... the bugs!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:19 am »

Radiant Story sounds to me like a feature covered in 1990 by Covert Action.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 05:13:40 am »

Radiant story reminds me of oblivion's Radiant AI. not a good reminder.

i do hope for some of the morrowind weirdness in skyrim. the out of this world feel is much stronger in morrowind than oblivion, regardless of gameplay mechanics.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:22 am »

I hope the only "X game is better than Y game" stuff being said is "Skyrim is better than Oblivion" because that's what it looks like right now. Like better in every way.
Agreed. Even if I don't consider it much of an achievement.

Holy crap they simulate economics? I'm going to have to play Bob the Mine Destroyer. One day, I stroll through every town and buy out all the metal stuff. Then I destroy every mine and sell my newly expensive items. It's perfect! What could go wrong?

Also if they got rid of telepathic guards, I'm probably going to just buy the game at launch and then dance around with the game strapped to my chest, singing about how wonderful their removal is.
Well, you don't really know how well they'll cover their promises until you've actually played it, so...

Hey, has anybody trolled with the obvious crude sex pun on the name yet? I won't share what it is, but man, that one is so obvious that it makes me wonder what Bethesda was thinking. When the game comes out, everybody who militantly hates it and lacks articulation abilities are going to be bringing it up every five minutes. Just you wait.

Seriously, only reason I'm not looking forward to this game.
The Codex already has, obviously. Odd reason not to look forward to a game, though. They tend to do that with nearly every new Action RPG title (particularly Mass Effect).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 896