Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1525449 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:36 pm »

Everyone's talking about whether having dual wielding weapons sucks or not, but the biggest question is:

Will dual wielding shields be implemented?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

It's a shame you couldn't do what the mod Great House Dagoth allowed (and was awesome for): Sever the Tribunal from the heart whilst still using it to make yourself a god and then betray and murder Dagoth Ur by tricking him into wearing Moon-and-Star.

Seriously, how is that not the most badass ending ever? xD
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:16:27 pm by MorleyDev »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 02:22:13 pm »

Everyone's talking about whether having dual wielding weapons sucks or not, but the biggest question is:

I think it was confirmed that you could not do that. Behind tits this will be the first thing modded in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 04:00:29 pm »

You guys know there's pretty much no way we aren't going to have our PC become Emperor, right? I mean, it's fairly obvious from the fact he's the last dragonborn, he'd have to become a emperor just for literary purposes.

Besides, that could make a setup for the next game; you're a drunk who finds out that he's a prince and now you have to do something awesome to do something else and be a hero.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 04:17:52 pm »

Will there be tameable animals? Can I go a ranger of the forest who is a friend of all the beasts?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 04:19:51 pm »

You guys know there's pretty much no way we aren't going to have our PC become Emperor, right? I mean, it's fairly obvious from the fact he's the last dragonborn, he'd have to become a emperor just for literary purposes.

Besides, that could make a setup for the next game; you're a drunk who finds out that he's a prince and now you have to do something awesome to do something else and be a hero.

Well if the last games are any indication, our PC will die of some horrible circumstance a few years after the events of the game, then Skyrim itself will have a meteorite dropped on it not long after that, so it won't really matter anyway.

Though I don't actually know how our Oblivion PC died. But given that Skyrim is set around 200 years after Oblivion, it's a pretty safe bet they'll go the route of killing them off, even if the elves can live that long.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 04:26:05 pm »

Will there be tameable animals? Can I go a ranger of the forest who is a friend of all the beasts?

Animal Allies was confirmed as a Wood Elf ability, not sure how permanent it is.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »

Considering that my Oblivion character was the vampire arch-mage of Cyrodiil, and was effectively unkillable due to his enchanted equipment and spells (effectively immune to magic, immune to paralysis due to being a vampire, ability to max out armor at will) at the time I got bored and stopped playing, dying of old age or being killed off by anything short of "Rocks fall! Everyone dies!" is a bit unlikely.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 04:47:14 pm »

Considering that my Oblivion character was the vampire arch-mage of Cyrodiil, and was effectively unkillable due to his enchanted equipment and spells (effectively immune to magic, immune to paralysis due to being a vampire, ability to max out armor at will) at the time I got bored and stopped playing, dying of old age or being killed off by anything short of "Rocks fall! Everyone dies!" is a bit unlikely.
How about eating an insta-kill apple? I don't think you can resist those in any way.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »

Why would a vampire eat an apple?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:33 pm »

Why would a vampire eat an apple?
Oh. Right. Then maybe biting someone poisoned? Or maybe being held down outside during the day? I dunno.

Either way, I doubt the Bethesda people care about how uber the character was at the end. They didn't care about what Cyrodill was supposed to look like. And that wasn't even something that varied between playthroughs.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »

Unfortunately no.  But nothing has been said yet about dual weilding torches(Which can also be used as weapons)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

Isn't part of the fun of these games being killed by rats at level 1 and being able to one-hit the gods at level 100? :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »

Being "Dragonborn" in the sense of what was required to light them fires was never really about the bloodline, is was more of a metaphysical thing. With the right circumstances, anyone could do it. In fact, Septim's lineage died out just a few Emperor's after himself (I can't remember the actual number), and "his" bloodline is actually descended from his brother or something like that.

Of course, Skyrim seem to use a whole new requirement for being "Dragonborn", what with being born with a soul of a dragon and all that. Though, as I've said before, everyone has the soul of a dragon. Technically. ;D
Love, scriver~

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 06:28:49 pm »

Not being a big TES lore knower, what do you mean by that?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 896