Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559253 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD!
« Reply #1140 on: November 15, 2011, 06:48:26 am »

Meh gonna restart and play another char till mods fix bullshit scaling...

Why not have a set of different scales? One social, one combat?
"This guy is a high diplomacy guy - lets make the wolfs twice there normal size"
"This guy mined iron and smelted it! Give normal bandits ebony greatswords, worth 1300 gold - and 8 gold worth of other loot"

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 15, 2011, 06:49:18 am »

you guys are all loosers.

Argonians all the way.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 15, 2011, 07:06:41 am »

"This guy is a high diplomacy guy - lets make the wolfs twice there normal size"
"This guy mined iron and smelted it! Give normal bandits ebony greatswords, worth 1300 gold - and 8 gold worth of other loot"

I think we're playing a different game. The mobs themselves don't get stronger, it's only that the usual mobs get better ones to support them.

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 15, 2011, 07:08:10 am »

Im sorry what? What scaling? Im level 28 and I havent noticed any scaling, I kill bandits in 2-4 hits, their attackes do friggin nothing, and my armor is only exquisite steel plate, also why the hell is your theif wearing ebony armor, which is heavy armour?

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #1144 on: November 15, 2011, 07:19:24 am »

you guys are all loosers.

Argonians all the way.

No way!  Friggin' DWEMER is where it's AT!

:D
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:31 am »

I have maxed out pickpocket, good sneak (70-100), good magic skills (all around 50 ish) and know how to use ze magiz swordz - I'm level 35 and my hybrid build gets 1-3 hitted by EVERYTHING on the most easy difficulty (Full ebony armor of superior quality, with some of the heavy armor perks buffing it more, around 105 armor). The bandits and other randroms I meet can and HAVE killed dragons in 1 on 1 combat and the game has become pretty much unplayable due to me not strictly following one path.

Great... I hope the enemies cap at some point or I can figure out where to adjust the "lol everything now is the devil" ratio somewhere. (Steam version)

So yeah take that as fair warning.
Restart the game completly and abandon 37 hour char because the scaling makes my thief unplayable in combat (1 hitted by default randrom creatures on easy difficulty, even thou I'm wearing full ebony armor and have 200 health) or slug onwards, hoping that the enemies eventually max there bullshit out?

Why use heavy armor on a thief ? use light armor instead, it's better for stealth. Also, you say you have 105 armor at lvl35 with a full superior ebony set ? That's where part of your problem is. I have over 200 armor with (flawless) steel plate armor, at lvl 16. If your sneak ability is high, use that to get past enemies, maybe. If your magic skills are high, use long range spells as much as possible and a ward spell in one hand in close quarters.

But honestly, i think your character is gimped due to levelling non-combat skills too high too fast. Armor/weapon skills/perks seem really necessary if you want to perform well in combat. Maxed out Pickpocketing strikes me as a bad idea, mainly because i already get too much money from dungeoneering, so i don't see the point in stealing, except for flavour. Also as a thief, a bow and dagger should be more efficient than swords/magic, because you'll be using your high sneak to score high damage crits, hence synergy of your skills instead of going in every direction at once with skills that don't work together.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1147 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:47 am »

i'm usually light armour user, having all light armor helps a great deal. you easily get through all the perks bonus 200 armor and more.
i do have just 39 of armor usually because i'm also an archmage, and tend to swap for the "POWER, UNLIMITED POWER!" side of the force (SPARKS should be called Dark forces, really)
it's all a thing of plotting.
if you are on the idea of being a thief, you need to follow it up.
with perks i do a friggin 30X damage, a 17 damage daggers becomes a 170*3 thing, 510 damage hit on the back.
which is usually enough for anything.

and if you have two daggers...well, no need to tell , must i?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 15, 2011, 07:51:44 am »

Spoiler: Dwemer Ruin, but funny (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragon Picture (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: End Boss (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:55:24 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:39 am »

Restart the game completly and abandon 37 hour char because the scaling makes my thief unplayable in combat (1 hitted by default randrom creatures on easy difficulty, even thou I'm wearing full ebony armor and have 200 health) or slug onwards, hoping that the enemies eventually max there bullshit out?

wow totally re-roll and read up on thief. it sounds to me you want to be a warrior with ebony.

my thief can one shot anything but the "bossy" mobs from sneak attack.

meh im already on to my third char ( orc warrior ) i want to see through every storyline.
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 15, 2011, 08:23:18 am »

I'm a thief-class. Light footed, able to sprint-sneak (Roll), archer damage, so forth.

I recently infiltrated a Dwemer ruin, and got through unabated by using my daggers alone.

I recently infiltrated a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and got past all the high-level daughr by using my bow, and moving to a different location when they came investigating.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:42 am »

and moving to a different location when they came investigating.

^ this. if you play stealth, you play stealth. some fight you won't win. and that's damn right for a thief! go around it, be clever, be stealthy.

(and by the way this is the reason I hate scripted encounter with enemies dropping on you, it takes away the fun of being a thief - luckily it happened only once - in the first dungeon - so far)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 15, 2011, 08:32:42 am »

Any ideas how to raise the difficulty?
I have it "master" allready and still it is way too easy to beat up all opponents.

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #1153 on: November 15, 2011, 08:44:31 am »

Any ideas how to raise the difficulty?
I have it "master" allready and still it is way too easy to beat up all opponents.

Specialize in pickpocketing.  ;)
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1154 on: November 15, 2011, 08:56:33 am »

So far its not a huge problem with me because I've been working my destruction skill heavily as well. I can cast a shit load of firebolts and fireballs (or ice/lightning if its a fire resistant enemy) now due to the half mana perks and other various skills. I have something like 320 magicka due to leveling and gear that I've made myself and enchanted.

My biggest problem is that there are too many cool things to do so I end up splitting skills between forging, enchanting, alchemy, destruction, conjuration, one handed weapons, and light armor which means none of them are really high. My lowest is light armor at like 23 because I rarely actually get hit due to my conjurations. My highest is forging at 55 and destruction at 58.
scew firebolt and switch to lightiningbolt - its like a railgun from Quake. you really feel like a Sith casting this.
Lightningbolt is alright against mages, and I use it when fighting mages due to the magicka damage kicker. Fire is better for more things though, with the burn damage and the bonus against undead. If you space out firebolts to let each burn finish you do a lot of damage, and the impact perk keeps them at range.

I use whichever element suits the situation though. Fire atronach? Ice bolts. Ice atronach? Fire bolts. Bunch of wolves? Dual-fisted chain lightning AWWW YEAH.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 896