Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550243 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #2730 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:00 pm »

The quest rewards are indeed a bit wonky. I don't do quests for normal people so I don't know about the '500milliongazillion gold if you tell me husband I still love him' stuff, but the weapons you get from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
could at least be better than any other weapon you can get at your level.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:32 pm »

The quest rewards are indeed a bit wonky. I don't do quests for normal people so I don't know about the '500milliongazillion gold if you tell me husband I still love him' stuff, but the weapons you get from
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
could at least be better than any other weapon you can get at your level.

I have to agree. Some items can become hopelessly outdated as soon as you get them.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 26, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »

I have to agree. Some items can become hopelessly outdated as soon as you get them.

Or even before you get them, if you've taken up enchanting.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #2733 on: November 26, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »

I became Arch mage with highest magic skill restoration 42 and no other magic school skills at all. Feels really weird to be full steel armor wearing arch mage.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 26, 2011, 02:09:28 pm »

I became Arch mage with highest magic skill restoration 42 and no other magic school skills at all. Feels really weird to be full steel armor wearing arch mage.

What? You mean that your magical skills weren't put to the test by occasional obstacles requiring Novice Destruction spells with the appropriate spell book placed conveniently nearby?

I really want the Construction Kit D;. Any leads on that yet?

On the 10th a Bethesda employee mentioned they're doing all they can to prepare the Creation Kit for release. That's all I've heard.

It can't release soon enough.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:03 pm »

Or even before you get them, if you've taken up enchanting.

Even then. I once got a quest reward and the store next to the guy had the improved version of the unique item.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 26, 2011, 02:49:23 pm »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 26, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »

Is it possible to be both a vampire and a werewolf at the same time?

Nope. Becoming a werewolf clears you of vamprism, and also makes you immune to disease (including porphyric haemophilia or whatever it's called now).

is there still a weakness to disease effect, like there was in oblivion? If there is, you might actually be able to get both..

Once you become a vampire and be cured you can't become a vampire whatever you do. You can "cheat" to become a vampire again though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 26, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »

Nope. Becoming a werewolf clears you of vamprism, and also makes you immune to disease (including porphyric haemophilia or whatever it's called now).

is there still a weakness to disease effect, like there was in oblivion? If there is, you might actually be able to get both..

Once you become a vampire and be cured you can't become a vampire whatever you do. You can "cheat" to become a vampire again though.

I love how Werewolf comes with essentially no downsides (unless it can advance or something) other then annoying dialog where people say you smell bad.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 26, 2011, 02:59:34 pm »

I love how Werewolf comes with essentially no downsides (unless it can advance or something) other then annoying dialog where people say you smell bad.

I hope somebody makes a mod where your transformation depends on moon phases once we have the creation kit

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 26, 2011, 03:01:18 pm »

It also prevents you from getting the rested bonuses after sleeping. Though honestly I never sleep ingame anyway. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 26, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »

It also prevents you from getting the rested bonuses after sleeping. Though honestly I never sleep ingame anyway. :P

Also it is 15% and only lasts a short time anyhow. Hense why I said "Essentially" who here honestly goes for the Well Rested bonus?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 26, 2011, 03:04:31 pm »

quote pyramid
How do you become a werewolf? I mean, is it by being attacked by a werewolf, just a quest or is it a choice you make during the main quest?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 26, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »

quote pyramid
How do you become a werewolf? I mean, is it by being attacked by a werewolf, just a quest or is it a choice you make during the main quest?

My vote is kill a child and eat the heart it drops.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 26, 2011, 03:05:39 pm »

Also it is 15% and only lasts a short time anyhow. Hense why I said "Essentially" who here honestly goes for the Well Rested bonus?

I am going to use that when I mod the game so that an hour lasts for 20 minutes or something.

quote pyramid

You have to follow a certain questline.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:07:45 pm by Domenique »
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 896