Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550062 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3450 on: December 09, 2011, 01:56:13 pm »

I hate Dwarves the most out of all fictional races and I find the Markarth house the best. Since I really like the grey and gold aesthetics.

The Elder Scrolls dwarves aren't really dwarves at all, at least in the traditional sense of the word.  Even in Morrowind they were shown as tall elves with Babylonian stylings.
Shoes...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: December 09, 2011, 02:20:53 pm »

The Elder Scrolls dwarves aren't really dwarves at all, at least in the traditional sense of the word.  Even in Morrowind they were shown as tall elves with Babylonian stylings.

Well technically they're elves, but they are very dwarfy. They live in secluded strongholds carved into the mountains, they're superb metalsmiths and engineers, they don't get along with the (other) elves, and they have long beards.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: December 09, 2011, 02:33:26 pm »

Well technically they're elves, but they are very dwarfy. They live in secluded strongholds carved into the mountains, they're superb metalsmiths and engineers, they don't get along with the (other) elves, and they have long beards.

They weren't tall elves. Maybe taller than, say, a bosmer, but shorter than anyone else.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3453 on: December 09, 2011, 02:34:55 pm »

Dwemer were just another species of Mer, or elves. A very clever species which lived underground.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: December 09, 2011, 02:48:05 pm »

Had a very intense battle last night, on my sneaky, dual-wielding backstabbing/shooting Khajiit...
Usually my characters are strong enough to simply steamroll Dark Brotherhood assassins, but this guy was down to a tiny shred of health, me frantically mashing buttons, when he finally manages to skewer his attacker.
Phew! Was ridiculuously close, since I was all out of potions and everything after a brief battle with some falmer, who are also pretty tough for this character even when I get the jump on 'em. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: December 09, 2011, 03:21:16 pm »

Sure they are elves, but don't forget their superior technological and possibly magical prowess.
Also..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: December 09, 2011, 03:39:38 pm »

I'm not sure if this is really caused by 1.3, as it did manage to fix backwards dragons, but I've run into two textureless dragons since the patch. Eerie whitish blue dragons would be pretty cool, but then I realize that they're actually just lacking in any texture.
On another note, is there any way to disenchant items with unique effects, like the
?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3457 on: December 09, 2011, 03:44:01 pm »

On another note, is there any way to disenchant items with unique effects, like the
?
Nope. If there were I'd disenchant the archmage robes and use that on everything forever.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: December 09, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »

?
Nope. If there were I'd disenchant the archmage robes and use that on everything forever.
Damn. Must have mods..

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: December 09, 2011, 03:55:43 pm »

?
Damn. Must have mods..
I'd mod the Archmage robes to suit my poncho-wearing face-masked dual-dagger wielding assassin!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:04:26 pm by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3460 on: December 09, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »

I'm always annoyed when there are items in a game which were obviously created by a person, not some supreme being or god, and you cannot yourself create something equivalent or similar even if that creation would take a lot of work.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: December 09, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

I'm always annoyed when there are items in a game which were obviously created by a person, not some supreme being or god, and you cannot yourself create something equivalent or similar even if that creation would take a lot of work.

Mods could rectify that.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: December 09, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

Mods can also make you fly around with wings made of human fecal matter. The fact is, some person made those items, the player should be able too as well.
*Hugs*

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: December 09, 2011, 04:09:50 pm »

Mods can also make you fly around with wings made of human fecal matter. The fact is, some person made those items, the player should be able too as well.

What i meant was, mods could make you able to make those things.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: December 09, 2011, 04:13:15 pm »

Yeah, I was making the point that you can do anything with mods, that doesn't give the devs any excuse for why the player isn't able to do things like that.
You can make items that allow you to sustain an infinite burst of flames from your hands, yet you can't make an item that provides a minor boost to all magical skills.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 896