Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550119 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4035 on: December 27, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »

PS3. Only choices I have are abandoning all my points in Destruction and going for another skill or a char reset. Grawl >:(
And thats why games like the Elder Scrolls should be on PC only... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: December 27, 2011, 10:10:11 pm »

Bah, considering that I wouldn't be enjoying it whatsoever if it was on the PC only, I am quite glad they made it for the PS3. Well, maybe I am a little aggravated it was made for consoles and ported up to the PC, but I am very glad it is not PC only :P

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: December 28, 2011, 03:04:53 am »

Damnit, Dragons keep pounding me. Each breath of flame takes off 1/3 my HP and my spells do like nothing. I can do a fair bit of damage with my enchanted bow, but being a mage, I dont do much damage with it. My sword is only a Skyforge Steel sword, and its hard as hell to melee a dragon.

Damnit, bows are the only way to go >:(

BUT, I was lucky and the dragon landed and aggroed a pair of Giants. They beat the shit out of it, netting me a free dragon soul + some bones.
then you are doing it wrong. one of the biggest advantage of being a mage is to be able to stun enemies at will with dual-casting. dragons are especialy easy for wizards.
the rest is the right timing. you dualcast lightining bolt and right after you charge another one, but you wait till dragon will get out of stun so your spell will instantly stun him again. rise and repeat - as a mage i have never been hit by a dragon. i just never gave them the oportunity. killing them is so easy that its actualy borring.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 03:06:37 am by irbis »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: December 28, 2011, 03:05:57 am »

Don't worry Rex Nex, all of us PC players are stoked that the game is dumbed down, the control system is two-trigger-screwy, menus and inventory are a bit meh, the graphics aren't all they could be and we all get to listen to teenage fanboys and l33t haters online. Stoked :)

Games haven't been held back for a year or two by playstations and xboxs at all. We're lucky they exist. I can't wait for the next generation of consoles to make new AAA games obsolete compared to entry-level pc hardware. It's great for the gaming industry.

(that's my bit of pc elitism out of the way for the week).
It's a game. Have fun.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: December 28, 2011, 03:12:35 am »

Don't worry Rex Nex, all of us PC players are stoked that the game is dumbed down, the control system is two-trigger-screwy, menus and inventory are a bit meh, the graphics aren't all they could be and we all get to listen to teenage fanboys and l33t haters online. Stoked :)

Games haven't been held back for a year or two by playstations and xboxs at all. We're lucky they exist. I can't wait for the next generation of consoles to make new AAA games obsolete compared to entry-level pc hardware. It's great for the gaming industry.

(that's my bit of pc elitism out of the way for the week).
Hey now, no need for that. Besides, modders will make everything all right.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:47 am »

I just realised that at lvl 43, I haven't spent a single soul yet. And usually forget I even have a Shout.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: December 28, 2011, 04:21:00 am »

I just realised that at lvl 43, I haven't spent a single soul yet. And usually forget I even have a Shout.
because most of them are wourthless. they might be used most commonly if not this ridiculous shared cooldown.
if each shout would have its own cooldown - well now we're talking. but they screwed up even this one >_>
for me, half of the shouts are stolen and converted into spells.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: December 28, 2011, 04:25:31 am »

I don't use shouts or powers much because of having to assign them every time I want a different one, or clutter my quick-assignments. If only we had a whole TON of buttons... we couldn't even name them after letters, we'd have to just start calling them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. And we could map things to every single one! Too bad we don't have that sort of technology. That's just too many buttons to fit on a controller. I don't know how you could hold it in your hands and still have room. You'd have to set it down in front of your or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: December 28, 2011, 05:18:40 am »

I don't use shouts or powers much because of having to assign them every time I want a different one, or clutter my quick-assignments. If only we had a whole TON of buttons... we couldn't even name them after letters, we'd have to just start calling them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. And we could map things to every single one! Too bad we don't have that sort of technology. That's just too many buttons to fit on a controller. I don't know how you could hold it in your hands and still have room. You'd have to set it down in front of your or something.
well it is doable on PC. the problem is the lack of proper keys binding. but ive seen some mods that do just that. i am just waiting for them to get less buggy.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: December 28, 2011, 05:20:08 am »

I believe you can quickbind shouts to number keys... Wouldn't know since I only use FUSSROWDA, though.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: December 28, 2011, 05:31:10 am »

I believe you can quickbind shouts to number keys... Wouldn't know since I only use FUSSROWDA, though.
yea but you have just 10 of the keys and shouts are just one of many things you would want to bind. sharing just 10 keys betwen spells, weapons, scrolls, potions, shouts forces you to make some hard decisions. especialy as keys from 1 to 5 are the closest and going with forced WSAD for movement makes it almost impossible to use with, for example keys 7 to 0. maybe just E.T with his long-ass fingers wouldnt complain :D

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:15 am »

I don't even bother with the number-key favorites since they screw up with weapons, and the favorites menu pauses the game anyways.

Also, etherial form is pretty awesome if you like jumping off mountains and such.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: December 28, 2011, 05:43:02 am »

I don't even bother with the number-key favorites since they screw up with weapons, and the favorites menu pauses the game anyways.

Also, etherial form is pretty awesome if you like jumping off mountains and such.
i do =) shame you cant somehow combine it with Whirlwind Sprint + max WS should have bigger distance.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: December 28, 2011, 05:46:34 am »

Damage ruining your day?

Tired of having to wait between shouts?

Sick of being over-encumbered?

When you're just done with the bullshit, there's ~tgm.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: December 28, 2011, 06:54:59 am »

yea but you have just 10 of the keys and shouts are just one of many things you would want to bind. sharing just 10 keys betwen spells, weapons, scrolls, potions, shouts forces you to make some hard decisions. especialy as keys from 1 to 5 are the closest and going with forced WSAD for movement makes it almost impossible to use with, for example keys 7 to 0. maybe just E.T with his long-ass fingers wouldnt complain :D

10? Isn't it 8?

The favorites menu should have been a nested favorites menu for powers, spells, weapons, apparel and potions.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 896