Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1523943 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4335 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27:42 am »

Majority of the gamers want something casual. If it has explosions, big guns, good graphics, badass trailers before the release, a magical waypoint which which leads to the quest, no puzzles than your game is ready.
You forgot boobs. Not trying to be crude, just stating a fact. A sad fact.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:51 am »

Majority of the gamers want something casual. If it has explosions, big guns, good graphics, badass trailers before the release, a magical waypoint which which leads to the quest, no puzzles than your game is ready.
You forgot boobs. Not trying to be crude, just stating a fact. A sad fact.
Oh, right. Red Alert 3 anyone?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: January 06, 2012, 09:39:38 am »

Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity ;)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: January 06, 2012, 09:49:50 am »

Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity ;)
Who doesn't want boobs? I'm just talking about boobs as a marketing strategy. I was thinking about buying Red Alert 3 but whenever I googled it I saw more boobs than screenshots :D My cousin (the guy who taught me all about RA2, all other old PC games and basics of using a PC) didn't seem to like it and I didn't even bother watching gameplay videos.

Anyway, we are getting off-topic. I'm sure Skyrim will be better once we have the CK. I think it will be different from Oblivion's and Morrowind's CS.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:14 am »

It really annoys me that you can't
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4340 on: January 06, 2012, 11:34:05 am »

Oddly enough, the first thing my fiancee asked while watching me play skyrim as a female high elf was "What happens if you take her clothes off?"

I said "People think you're daft." and showed her. She then commented on how lucky elf girls were while I was running around in my underwear.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:15 am »

Reminds me, I always like playing as females in bethesda titles. I cant quite place my finger on why (and no, its not boobs...), but... yea.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4342 on: January 06, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »

Wow, that's lazy design.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4343 on: January 06, 2012, 12:23:38 pm »

Wow, that's lazy design.
Silly adventurer, you can't turn in the killer early and save someone from murder! You have to wait out the entire series of scripted events!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: January 06, 2012, 12:28:17 pm »

Silly adventurer, you can't turn in the killer early and save someone from murder! You have to wait out the entire series of scripted events!

Welcome to the New (-well, to people that haven't payed attention) Bethesda, scripted 'freedom.'

Also,
The problem is that Skyrim's problems are things that mods can't really fix.

Rant

Absolutely, one-hundred and fifty percent truth here. Any further complaints about Morrowind, or especially comparison of the games and/or defenses for this one will be referred to this, as I couldn't be assed to type such a synopsis. (Seriously, I feel like you channeled what I wanted to say before I went to bed last night!)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:33:19 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: January 06, 2012, 12:40:27 pm »

Oh hell, we've entered the buttfrustrated Bethesda rant mode again. It was nice knowing you thread.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »

Heh, yup. Getting a bit like the old thread ;P

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »

Heh, yup. Getting a bit like the old thread ;P

You couldn't expect just everyone to act like you and ignore the quality of the game the topic is about, no?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:29 pm »

Well, I cant really relate to everyone wishing bethesda was back like how they used to be. I also cant relate when people say Skyrim is a low quality game; compare it to 95% of the stuff out there and Skyrim is gold. Or when people say Morrowind was good; I really disliked that game. Daggerfall was worse still.

Its not that I am ignoring the quality of the game, its just that I dont see eye-to-eye with everyone who isn't liking Skyrim.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: January 06, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »

Well, I cant really relate to everyone wishing bethesda was back like how they used to be. I also cant relate when people say Skyrim is a low quality game; compare it to 95% of the stuff out there and Skyrim is gold. Or when people say Morrowind was good; I really disliked that game. Daggerfall was worse still.

Its not that I am ignoring the quality of the game, its just that I dont see eye-to-eye with everyone who isn't liking Skyrim.

I think that may be your issue, friend. I think you've just proven how your mindset is, based on your opinion of Bethesda's real works of art.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 896