Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558679 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5130 on: February 12, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »

Or just park them outside a dungeon and have them there to carry whatever loot you find.

That works well up until you find yourself in one of the dungeons that spit you out on the other side of the mountain range.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: February 12, 2012, 08:53:45 pm »

Or just park them outside a dungeon and have them there to carry whatever loot you find.

That works well up until you find yourself in one of the dungeons that spit you out on the other side of the mountain range.

If you only want a pack mule, you can do the zombie thing... put heavy stuff into a corpse, then reanimate it. If you are very deep inside a dungeon and your zombie crumbled, you can drag empty corpses around to repeat the process. Fast travel once you reach the exit.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: February 12, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure most dungeons take more than a minute to get through. I mean sure there's other monsters in there but that seems overly difficult as opposed to say filling Sven/Lydia's inventory with all of the stuff I don't use and then going until neither of us can carry any more.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »

If you only want a pack mule, you can do the zombie thing... put heavy stuff into a corpse, then reanimate it. If you are very deep inside a dungeon and your zombie crumbled, you can drag empty corpses around to repeat the process. Fast travel once you reach the exit.

Genius!
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: February 12, 2012, 11:27:49 pm »

Genius!
Wow I never thought of that... dang.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: February 12, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

Genius!
Wow I never thought of that... dang.

Preferably you fast travel to a city with shops nearby... since you're going to have a lot of stuff inside that pile of ash. Whiterun and Solitude are my favorites.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:59 am »

Permanent thralls FTW, they don't disintegrate.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: February 13, 2012, 05:47:34 am »

You know what a cool mod would be. Voice activated Favourites. If you fav something it would link that item or spell and when you want to use it you say. for example. RIGHT FLAME. and the spell will be placed into your right hand as if you went into fav menu with key presses but instead you spoke into your microphone...

actually I think I saw a youtube vid of someone working on something similar with the xbox motion thing. (Nam ecsapes me atm..)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5138 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:19 am »

The voice activated shouts is pretty cool.
FUS RO DAH!

They made it work with Kinect during that week of modding thing Bethesda did, but someone already got it working with PC microphones so...yeah ^^

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: February 13, 2012, 07:19:00 am »

Permanent thralls FTW, they don't disintegrate.

I got that on my second character, but somehow the thralls feel a lot weaker than the temporary versions (I got Balanced Magic mod and the perks to make them stronger).

Quote from: Neyvn
You know what a cool mod would be. Voice activated Favourites. If you fav something it would link that item or spell and when you want to use it you say. for example. RIGHT FLAME. and the spell will be placed into your right hand as if you went into fav menu with key presses but instead you spoke into your microphone...

That YouTube clip did a lot better than that... he could say "drink two health potions" or "equal firebolt" and the game will do that, though with a pretty substantial delay.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:21:40 am by kcwong »

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5140 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:37 am »

So apparently there is a quest called "Arniel's Endeavor" which has you *spoilers* collect Keening (which has lost it's power) and assist Arniel in recreating a smaller scale version of what the Dwarves did.

He promptly vanishes, though you are given a spell "Summon Arniel's Shade" which makes it seem like he failed somehow. This gave me an idea for a mod: Remove the spell (keeping his relative success even vaguer) and add a new step, "Perfecting Arniel's Endeavour". Okay, so Keening has lost it's power? You can empower it. Obtain and do the same for Sunder and Wraithguard, and become a god like Vivec was. You're the Dovahkiin, you literally swallow the souls of Lesser Aedra. If you can get enough of them, perhaps you can funnel them into a new 'heart'? And then use that heart to restore power to the artefacts and become a god.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 07:56:19 am by MorleyDev »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: February 13, 2012, 08:56:16 am »

You know reading into the Dwemer page on the ElderScrolls Wiki. The chances of adding a Dwemer Compainion can be good due to the fact that they have "Proven" that a Dwemer could have been absent in the Mortal Realm during the moment that caused them all to disappear. As proven by Yagrum Bagarn in Morrowwind. The Dwemer companion could be found inside a Stasis Tube or something deep within a Dwemer Outpost somewhere, where his soul had been placed outside of the realm while his body would be frozen to keep it fresh. The Dragonborn could reactivate the Tube by heating it with the Fire Breath Shout which causes the tube to return his soul, the reason why you can't return everyone else is cause a fail safe failed to save them all due to the room which they were kept in, collapsed and shattered all the tubes but his. So he could be Lucky or Unlucky depending on how you see it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: February 13, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »

Yagrum Bagarn, IIRC, was physically absent from Mundus.  The bodies as well as souls of the other dwemer vanished.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: February 13, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »

I also can see no logical reason anyone would do that (the freeze thing) and remain behind.

Unless they were forced, I guess.
Love, scriver~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: February 13, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Look the Dwemmer outsmarted the Elder Scrolls. They can figure out some shit to get around something as silly as messing with the cursed corpses of dead world-gods.

Although I doubt Keening and Sunder would ever get recharged to their full power. They were tools made to manipulate the heart, which I'm pretty sure is well and good destroyed now. Granted there is a bug where Keening doesn't have a charge so you could probably fix that. The only improvement I would want to it is adding the Mortal Wound effect. Drop that sucker in the middle of Riften and watch as everyone dies.

I would dig Sunder and Wraithguard being added, the latter having to be part of a Dwemmer armor set. Perhaps another quest where somebody found it and attached it to a set of Dwemmer armor?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 896