Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550006 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #5250 on: February 17, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

Yeah that's kinda cheap...pity. Isn't that what Hircine's Ring was supposed to do? Stop Werewolves transforming except when they wish it?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: February 17, 2012, 02:40:30 pm »

every full moon your character should seek out the nearest NPC and kill it, while you watch through your eyes, helpless to prevent it.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:59 pm »

Dumbing down all the way. I hope there will be a mod that forces us to turn and hunt every full moon

I encountered some hippy nords just a minute ago. They offered me a strange named mead. I usually don't take drinks from a stranger, especially from a half-naked man, but I had to accept the drink since there wasn't an option to turn down the offer. Nothing weird happened, yet.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 17, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

A Bounty Hunter mod where you get paid for taking down bandits and the like in a more open world way (no quest to activate.)

During the Companion quest line, you can talk to one of the Companions for such a quest: a randomly generated criminal had escaped, and you are to track him down and kill him. The criminal moves around on the world map (for great distances), and you get a quest marker to his whereabouts, so you can chase him down.

Perhaps you can take a look at how Beth did that and improve it...
I was thinking about having Bandits carry a certain item that can be collected and handed in to either the City's Captain of the Guards or the Jarl's Aids... *what is that S term that means Jarl's Aid...* who then pays you a certain amount. Like woodcutting and Farming just instead of being safe its full of danger...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:33 pm »

It's practically stated the Dovahkiin feels the urge literally from his very soul to dominate and control everyone around him.

Uhh, citation needed?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: February 17, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »

I encountered some hippy nords just a minute ago. They offered me a strange named mead. I usually don't take drinks from a stranger, especially from a half-naked man, but I had to accept the drink since there wasn't an option to turn down the offer. Nothing weird happened, yet.
I encountered an Argnoian on the path offering me some stamina potion. I decided to try it out, what;s the worst that can happen?

Also duuuuuuuude, this water is like, sick or something.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: February 17, 2012, 03:29:24 pm »

Werewolves doesn't make sense in this game anyway. You can decide when to turn.

What happened to the good ol' full moon thing? That was a classic.

It was the same way in Daggerfall you know.

You can change voluntarily once a day.  You had to kill two people a month though.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5257 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:21 pm »

It's practically stated the Dovahkiin feels the urge literally from his very soul to dominate and control everyone around him.

Uhh, citation needed?

Paarthanax. I can't dig up the exact quote, but chat with him about the nature of being a dragon. He notes that dragons have an innate desire to dominate, kill, and destroy, and that being a Dragonborn, so do you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:29:56 pm by MorleyDev »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: February 17, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »

In other words, he's saying all dragonborn are controlled by players. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: February 17, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »

Unless your main gripe with Skyrim was "lack of underage, under-dressed, bug-eyed anime girls" I don't think "mods will fix it" is a valid response.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: February 17, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »

2 pages late, dude.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:28 pm »

Uhh, citation needed?

Paarthanax. I can't dig up the exact quote, but chat with him about the nature of being a dragon. He notes that dragons have an innate desire to dominate, kill, and destroy, and that being a Dragonborn, so do you.

That explains the reason of Dragonborn's ultimate quest to become the leader of all guilds.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: February 17, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »

Uhh, citation needed?

That explains the reason of Dragonborn's ultimate quest to become the leader of all guilds.
Or your awesome job of killing anything in front of you that breathes of threat.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5263 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

I was thinking about having Bandits carry a certain item that can be collected and handed in to either the City's Captain of the Guards or the Jarl's Aids... *what is that S term that means Jarl's Aid...* who then pays you a certain amount. Like woodcutting and Farming just instead of being safe its full of danger...

Seneschal is the word you are looking for I think. Ears would be the traditional token taken from generic slain bandits, although the bounty payer should be specific about whether it is just the right/left ear that they will pay for, as no bounty hunter wants to lug around several hundred pounds of useless gristle if they have no need for it. In cases where it is a specific/named bandit you would want to deliver the head for proof.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: February 17, 2012, 06:22:06 pm »

2 pages late, dude.
The way I see it, I'm a couple pages early.

Seneschal is the word you are looking for I think. Ears would be the traditional token taken from generic slain bandits, although the bounty payer should be specific about whether it is just the right/left ear that they will pay for, as no bounty hunter wants to lug around several hundred pounds of useless gristle if they have no need for it. In cases where it is a specific/named bandit you would want to deliver the head for proof.
I've spent a while trying to think of a way of averting telepathic questgivers, but it always ended up sounding silly, such as them having an ability to immediately recognize that an ear belonged to a bandit, or the player running around with a hundred kilos of "quest heads" in case they might be useful later.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 896