Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559350 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5880 on: April 03, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »

I kind of miss the bright colors. Its true that overall Skyrim looks a lot better, but... eh. Like I said, it looks dead. You won't find this anywhere in Skyrim:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I personally prefer this.

Also, I was actually running through a forest like in your screenshot. This is the only shot I have, where my character was on killcam, stalking a downed fellow.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: April 03, 2012, 07:44:21 pm »

With ENB you can really get any kind of color tone you want...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:46:39 pm by joey4track »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: April 03, 2012, 07:45:40 pm »

Just a quick question because I'm thinking of trying ENB:

I've read that the grass ghosts or something like that. What does that mean and what does it look like? Because I don't want the grass to look horrible even when everything else looks nice.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: April 03, 2012, 07:49:11 pm »

Azkanan, those shots are awesome. Especially the first one. I cropped out the compass and status bars and now it's my desktop background.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: April 03, 2012, 07:53:41 pm »

Just a quick question because I'm thinking of trying ENB:

I've read that the grass ghosts or something like that. What does that mean and what does it look like? Because I don't want the grass to look horrible even when everything else looks nice.

Well since the last patch with enb sometimes the shadows on grass will flicker. It doesn't happen often in my experience and only it certain areas. It is unfortunate but I can't even imagine playing without enb. Here try mine, they are pretty sick, see:

Tempted to make a Skyrim Screenshot thread...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:56:48 pm by joey4track »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: April 03, 2012, 07:58:11 pm »

I was already planning on trying yours.

Plus, I've been seeing your images all throughout the thread. I can't really miss them. :P

What's that in your first image, and where is it from anyway? It looks like a half dragon.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: April 03, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »

What's that in your first image, and where is it from anyway? It looks like a half dragon.

A Daedroth! http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9694

The Skyrim Monster Mod. Same guy did a great one for FO3 and FNV. He added a bunch more from morrowind too, Hungers and those grey dinosaur looking things(can't remember their name right now..) and a ton more monsters. I'm actually doing a bunch of screenshots for the author to update his page with  :)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:16 am »

I already have 72 Mods... ...Monster mod, eh... 73....

Edit;

I gotta say though, mods have really brought me back to Skyrim. Last night's scenario;

That local girl in the first big city (Can never remember the DAMNED name! Whiterun?) needed a mammoth tusk, so I grabbed some mercenaries[Mercenaries] and headed out. After a pretty epic fight with two giants and three mammoths in a thick forest[Lush Trees] near a small rocky pool, I had my prize. The night was getting dark[Darker Nights so I, with no remaining mercenaries, and [sic:Housecarl Woman] set camp[HTS Needs]. I told her to relax[Followers can Relax] and we slept.
We woke the next morning, had breakfast, packed our campsite and began to wander off. Suddenly, hardly 5 seconds away from the giant's camp - a clearing with the giant bonfire, surrounded by thick trees - a fucking bear comes charging out. I quickly pull out my warhammer and right+powerattack it. My blow lands perfectly, smoshing its jaw. [The Dance of Death]

I think I actually have a screenshot of that...

Imma go livestream Skyrim now.

www.livestream.com/azkanan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:32:37 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: April 04, 2012, 06:35:03 am »

I just checked through the mods. They all seem pretty irrelevant to the problems of Skyrim. Wars in Skyrim actually seems like an interesting mod.

But their are no mods that deal with the level scaling. There are no mods that deal with the deadness of the world (if I become the head of the Mage's Guild, it should have some ramification on my interactions with the world). That's the advantage of a single-player game rather than a mmorpg. But Skyrim seems to take the mmorpg approach to quests. Do the quest and it doesn't change anything.
You clearly didn't look very hard. Some of the most popular mods deal with those issues.

I clearly didn't. I will try again. Wasn't trying to be an ass. I really thought those mods weren't there.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: April 04, 2012, 06:36:36 am »

And what exactly do you expect the "ramification of being the mage college leader" to be? A new dialogue choice for every NPC that won't be voiced? Somebody finding every relevant NPC in the game and adding a little quip of extra dialogue before continuing on their quest normally? I'm not really seeing what you expect from the game here other than quests clarifying that it's a ceremonial position, or not giving you that position at all.

There's a mod for that actually.

I think another commenter hit it on the head.

What's the point of becoming the mage college leader? There is nothing to do once there.

The problem with Skyrim is that in becoming the mage college leader, the idea sounds so cool. But then once you get it, it really didn't matter.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: April 04, 2012, 06:54:32 am »

I cant find the HTS Needs mod.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: April 04, 2012, 06:55:24 am »

I always felt like the guilds were a little silly, especially short questline guilds. I do a handful of tasks all within a in-game week and suddenly I hold the prestigious title of Leader of the Blank Guild.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: April 04, 2012, 06:59:32 am »

And what exactly do you expect the "ramification of being the mage college leader" to be? A new dialogue choice for every NPC that won't be voiced? Somebody finding every relevant NPC in the game and adding a little quip of extra dialogue before continuing on their quest normally? I'm not really seeing what you expect from the game here other than quests clarifying that it's a ceremonial position, or not giving you that position at all.

There's a mod for that actually.

I think another commenter hit it on the head.

What's the point of becoming the mage college leader? There is nothing to do once there.

The problem with Skyrim is that in becoming the mage college leader, the idea sounds so cool. But then once you get it, it really didn't matter.

Yeah. I expect to see something interesting after becoming a leader. You become the leader, so what? It's just a title that doesn't do anything.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:31 am »

The question is, what should it do?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:44 am »

I cant find the HTS Needs mod.

Don't use it.

My exhaustion is bugged so that I can't reduce it, and now my stamina won't regenerate. FML!!!!!

I have like, 10 other supremely epic killcams - but the brightness is ridiculously low, even though it was higher in-game. So sad. The woman who I'm stabbing in the back? Her HP got stuck when I was killing her - so she kept getting back up... and I kept getting my killcams. Had like, four fatal stabs at her.

One of them was my sword up her ass.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 896