Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1505662 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7516 on: November 15, 2012, 04:41:19 pm »

http://www.ign.com/images/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-dragonborn-xbox-360-146422/50a50b32f4918925b219d2ed

That's bonemeal, right?

Bonemold, but yeah, that's most certainly it. Also, is that Red Mountain in the second image (the one with the netch)? I thought Red Mountain went and exploded, leaving only a crater?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: November 15, 2012, 04:42:42 pm »

http://www.ign.com/images/games/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-dragonborn-xbox-360-146422/50a50b32f4918925b219d2ed

That's bonemeal, right?

Bonemold, but yeah, that's most certainly it. Also, is that Red Mountain in the second image (the one with the netch)? I thought Red Mountain went and exploded, leaving only a crater?
The DLC is probably about Solstheim or something like that.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: November 15, 2012, 04:51:33 pm »

That's bonemeal, right?

guess it blew up less then we thought
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7519 on: November 15, 2012, 04:58:51 pm »

Hullo skyrim thread. Christmas is coming up and I was looking at getting a hold of skyrim, according to canyourunit, I meet the minimum requirements, so that's good. I don't mind a slightly choppy framerate, so it'll prolly be fine, but I juuuust wanted to make sure, there are optimization/"tone down the graphics" mods out by now right? So on the off chance it's only technically playable, I could install some mods that'd optimize/make the game generally more friendly to a less capable computer, right?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:26 pm »

It doesn't take a crater to make the island mostly made of that volcano totally inhabitable. Just replace ash storms with molten ash storms and it's just hellmurder island in the distance.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:53 pm »

I've seen one mod that reduces all the textures to almost nothing, easing the graphical memory burden to very low.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7522 on: November 15, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »

That is exactly the sort've thing I'm looking for (not enough video memory or memory memory, everything else is fine) so that sounds like it cinches the deal. Thanks!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

That is exactly the sort've thing I'm looking for (not enough video memory or memory memory, everything else is fine) so that sounds like it cinches the deal. Thanks!

I've seen two so far.  One reduces the textures to about half their original size, supposedly with very little loss in visual quality.  Another reduces the textures to basically nothing, and the world looks made up of solid color or naked models.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:07 pm »

Mini cthulhus.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7526 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:26 pm »

Minithulhu
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: November 15, 2012, 06:36:01 pm »

I always thought they looked something like fat mindflayers...

I twas so fun to steal a sixth house bell hammer, enchant it with ice (my favored element) for 50 damage and go swinging for home runs.  110+ damage per swing.  Id imagine their squidy heads exploding, leaving the once-human (elven) body behind...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: November 15, 2012, 07:37:02 pm »

Ah yes, forgot to take all those years into account.
It would be possible but I wouldn't count on it.
Would be a nice surprise to see most of the old Morrowind content make a comeback tough.
What I and especially my brother sorely miss from morrowind are spears.
And thrown weapons.

edit: One type of foe will most likely return.. Cliff Racers.
(Unless they became extinct over the 200 years.)

That guy that you met at the very start of Morrowind became a saint for driving them out of Morrowind between Morrowind and Oblivion.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7529 on: November 15, 2012, 07:38:39 pm »

I've seen two so far.  One reduces the textures to about half their original size, supposedly with very little loss in visual quality.  Another reduces the textures to basically nothing, and the world looks made up of solid color or naked models.

Well hopefully it doesn't come to the second one, and I doubt it will, but it's good to know the option exists. :P
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 896