Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1505526 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7560 on: November 18, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »

Holy cow, the Live Another Life mod is absolutely amazing.

It's just nice for playing many characters? I prefer playing with a single char. I don't understand why have many, though it's just my way of thinking. Do you start many new characters and play it like a roguelike or what?
Some people like to try different races and skills...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: November 19, 2012, 12:14:18 am »

It's just nice for playing many characters? I prefer playing with a single char. I don't understand why have many, though it's just my way of thinking. Do you start many new characters and play it like a roguelike or what?

I make new characters every time I play, yea. For the most part, at least. That's not why I like it so much though. Just generating me somewhere other then Helgen makes the game seem very much different. For example, in my latest character, I played through as a dunmer refugee. I hadn't been in Windhelm before, so it was like a whole new game.

As for why I make so many characters, I use SkyRE, so "one size fits all" type gameplay doesn't really come into play. The racial powers are cool and there's way more perks then I'll ever realistically use.

Anyway, I think I brought this up before, but it's still annoying me: there's no "randomize" button in the character creation screen! I loved just hitting randomize until I got something workable in Oblivion, but now I'm kind of forced to tweak presets. It's boring! Is there a mod that will add a randomization button?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:19:40 am by Rex_Nex »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:43 am »

I dunno, I NEVER got anything that looked remotely human / sentient when I used randomize in oblivion.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:37 am »

Anyone got a good Modlist? (Download sites/links included)
I upgraded my PC and I would love to play Skyrim on Max everything...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:48 am »

I don't have steam version and no dawnguard dlc so I thought i didnt need script extender, anyway installed a compatible version (edit: of script extender) for my Skyrim but still no joy. Just automatically closes once it gets to main menu.

Meh, maybe I might get dawnguard at xmas sale with steam and try it then.
I'm having the same issue, but I have a Steam version, installed script extender, used the Nexus Mod Manager thing, no dice.  Crashes when it hits menu.

edit: going to try some things.  Backing up Skyrim, then going to delete local content and make a fresh install.  Then I'll only put those two mods in.  I have other mods in, and I suspect they're clashing here and there.

BOSS.  Then try another loader.  Check your BSAs.

And Im fairly certain that IMPs is making my game crash.  The whole timescale changing bit.  I took it off dynamic as a test and wonders were worked.  I also have autosave set to 5min and save before entering a new region.

did.  Not currently playing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:13 am »

This mod Is what I have been looking for.
Sure it dosn't cover all of my gripes but it's a start! :)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:11 pm »

I want to buy the land in the Pale. However, I cannot get anyone in Dawnstar to offer me the kill the giant quest, which is required, I believe.

What is wrong? I did the Nightcaller temple quest.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:25 pm »

My average character level at restart os probably around 25...  ot gets boring when I become all powerful.  Compare to level 45 and 30ish for morrowind/oblivion.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:18 pm »

One mod I've been very thankful for installing is HiAlgo. Not very useful if you run Skyrim smoothly already, but if you get some choppy framerates (or the delay in response time is annoying you) this might be the thing for you.

I was having a big issue of dropping frames, but that's been fixed :)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 24, 2012, 12:15:16 am »

I want to buy the land in the Pale. However, I cannot get anyone in Dawnstar to offer me the kill the giant quest, which is required, I believe.

was about 2 get buried
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 24, 2012, 12:33:58 am »

That is exactly the sort've thing I'm looking for (not enough video memory or memory memory, everything else is fine) so that sounds like it cinches the deal. Thanks!

I've seen two so far.  One reduces the textures to about half their original size, supposedly with very little loss in visual quality.  Another reduces the textures to basically nothing, and the world looks made up of solid color or naked models.
Do you know what the first is called, or is it the same as the one Rex jsut mentioned?

Also, Hi Skyrim thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 24, 2012, 03:05:11 am »

No, the mod I was referring to literally just reduced the size of textures by half.  That HiAlgo thing is something completely different and quite intriguing.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7572 on: November 24, 2012, 07:58:46 am »

was about 2 get buried
I believe the quest has a level requirement of ~22 or so. Are you high enough level?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 24, 2012, 10:16:53 pm »

There we go. I am not high enough level. Thanks bud

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: November 25, 2012, 05:19:15 am »

Even though killing a giant is easy, even at level one.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 896