Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1519668 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9045 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »

Frostfall is definitely a must for survival.

For realistic needs, no, not really. Maybe Realistic Needs and Diseases? I think I tried that out last time. It seemed pretty good from what I recall. Was more low key. Hasn't been updated since April though, and not sure how compatible it would be.

For a more hardcore calorie simulator there is always Imps More Complex Needs, but personally find that a bit overkill. But may be up your alley.

Other than those two, you'll have to look on Nexus and see if any of them you like or if anyone else has recommendations in this area.

The creator of Frostfall is/was supposedly making a Realistic Needs mod that was/is going to work right alongside Frostfall. But, haven't heard anything about it for a while.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:58:55 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: July 16, 2013, 11:02:00 pm »

Frost Fall is incredible. It turns Clear Skies from something that is pretty much only used for the MQ into one of the most useful shouts in the game, which I appreciate.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9047 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:09 pm »

Vendayn you're thinking of 'Last Seed' I believe, which is still a WIP. Still IMCN + Frostfall would serve well enough for a realistic survival experience. Might add in the mod that gives realistic drops for animals too. Deer have more than 3 pounds of meat on them after all...

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: July 17, 2013, 02:35:58 am »

no quest markers at all (but doesn't really work too well in Skyrim sadly)
By Sithis, I know exactly what you mean. I used the Skyrim Compass Tuner to get rid of the compass and markers (including the player marker on the map) and it almost brought it down to Morrowind levels. I say almost because it really only removed the graphical components and so I can still technically get a decent estimate of my and my quest target's whereabouts. Of course, when there are no quest markers or when said quest marker is inside a big "cave" (really, it's a new worldspace like say the Soul Cairn) then it goes to Morrowind levels.

Frost Fall is incredible. It turns Clear Skies from something that is pretty much only used for the MQ into one of the most useful shouts in the game, which I appreciate.
It does? Damn it, now I need to finish my no-Dragonborn playthrough just experience mods to the fullest from almost a year ago forwards.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:39:13 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: July 17, 2013, 03:26:42 am »

It doesn't change Clear Skies at all, btw--it just adds stuff to weather that makes it actually functional instead of flavor.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9050 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:19 pm »

Or even be allied to the altmer, and rid Skyrim of the religion of Talos and any who worship him. I don't think I've actually seen a play through like that, but maybe there is one out there. Every play through I've personally seen, everyone always hates the altmer and kills them on sight. So may be a different way to go.
Went with something along these lines and started it up here as a hybrid LP/Suggestion Game: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128693.0

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9051 on: July 17, 2013, 07:01:25 pm »

It doesn't change Clear Skies at all, btw--it just adds stuff to weather that makes it actually functional instead of flavor.

It's quite cool (see what I did there?) but eventually I just became annoyed by it and uninstalled it. I would definitely recommend at least trying it, though.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9052 on: July 17, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »

Here are some scenery screenshots of my modded Skyrim. And one random dragon screenshot. I was running out of Riverwood and he literally came out of nowhere lol.

If the screenshots/site don't load, it is because Nexus is under attack by someone who is probably angry at them.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266945/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266947/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266948/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266953/?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/266954/?

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9053 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:54 pm »

no quest markers at all (but doesn't really work too well in Skyrim sadly)
By Sithis, I know exactly what you mean. I used the Skyrim Compass Tuner to get rid of the compass and markers (including the player marker on the map) and it almost brought it down to Morrowind levels. I say almost because it really only removed the graphical components and so I can still technically get a decent estimate of my and my quest target's whereabouts. Of course, when there are no quest markers or when said quest marker is inside a big "cave" (really, it's a new worldspace like say the Soul Cairn) then it goes to Morrowind levels.

This mod is great for questing without the compass and quest markers. It also doesn't break immersion or make things too easy in my experience.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9054 on: July 18, 2013, 02:33:09 am »

... and have you tried to play that one mod that had Elsweyr; jungles are hard to navigate.
Actually that mod has serious issues with level design.  Like how when you first appear in Elsweyr, you face a big' ol door.  I went through that door, thinking it was a big shiny entrance to Elseweyr, it turned out to be the way to Skyrim.  The direction a player is facing is extremely important, a player can get lost if the level design points them in the wrong direction.

Also note how many unclimbable rocks and roots there are.  Skyrim is non-linear in a lot of ways, sure you have a destination but a lot of ways to get there.  The mod more or less created a very linear experience, in a suffocating environment, with limited ways to get around.  It's a big accomplishment, but needed better level design.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9055 on: July 18, 2013, 02:53:48 am »

... and have you tried to play that one mod that had Elsweyr; jungles are hard to navigate.
Actually that mod has serious issues with level design.  Like how when you first appear in Elsweyr, you face a big' ol door.  I went through that door, thinking it was a big shiny entrance to Elseweyr, it turned out to be the way to Skyrim.  The direction a player is facing is extremely important, a player can get lost if the level design points them in the wrong direction.

Also note how many unclimbable rocks and roots there are.  Skyrim is non-linear in a lot of ways, sure you have a destination but a lot of ways to get there.  The mod more or less created a very linear experience, in a suffocating environment, with limited ways to get around.  It's a big accomplishment, but needed better level design.

Suffocating environment with limited ways to get around sounds like a realistic jungle to me.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9056 on: July 18, 2013, 02:58:33 am »

Anyone knows of a mod to make the High Elves pay? You know, some sort of mod where you go through the Empire questline for Skyrim, but at the end you stick a nice sword through the guts of all the high elves?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9057 on: July 18, 2013, 03:11:22 am »

High Elves aren't the enemy, the Aldmeri Dominion (and the Thalmor specifically) are.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9058 on: July 18, 2013, 03:21:28 am »

Yeah, those. Any mod of the sort?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9059 on: July 18, 2013, 03:28:32 am »

Yeah, those. Any mod of the sort?

There was a questline mod somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot remember the name.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 [604] 605 606 ... 896