Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plant sidebar confusion  (Read 1454 times)

Falesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Darkfall Movies
Plant sidebar confusion
« on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:20 am »

I found the sidebar quite confusing when looking up how to grow underground plants. In the Biome bit it says "Underground Depth: 1-3" which I now understand is where the plant will grow naturally but I initially thought that you could only grow these at that depth in farms too. Maybe some text could be added to the sidebar to clarify this for newbies, like: "Can be grown in farms at any depth". Alternatively this could also be added to the main article on all subterranean plants.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Plant sidebar confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:48:15 am »

All plants, above-ground or subterranean, can be grown in any biome.

Besides, depth 1-3 already means "all depths", so I'm not sure what you're complaining about...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Falesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Darkfall Movies
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:37:01 am »

All plants, above-ground or subterranean, can be grown in any biome.

Besides, depth 1-3 already means "all depths", so I'm not sure what you're complaining about...

Firstly I am not "complaining". The wiki is there to explain the game to people so pointing out areas where it could be improved is surely a good thing. Secondly by saying 1-3 means "all depths" I guess it is referring to how many caverns down the cavern is rather then z-levels. This could then easily be clarified by changing "Underground Depth: 1-3" to something like "Up to 3 caverns down".

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:57 am »

I found the sidebar quite confusing when looking up how to grow underground plants. In the Biome bit it says "Underground Depth: 1-3" which I now understand is where the plant will grow naturally but I initially thought that you could only grow these at that depth in farms too. Maybe some text could be added to the sidebar to clarify this for newbies, like: "Can be grown in farms at any depth". Alternatively this could also be added to the main article on all subterranean plants.

Which page are you talking about?