Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making Aquarium?  (Read 4566 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Making Aquarium?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:09:28 pm »

On an unrelated note, while browsing the wiki, I realised that you could extract Mog Juice from mogghoppers. And liquid fire from those fire snake-things. (Which retails at 100☼, each snake giving 5 portions) so that's 500☼ for basically vermin.  :o

How come I never even heard about this awesome mini-industry?

Catching vermin never caught on with the old timers because of a (now fixed) bug in 40d, where dwarves would prioritize eating caught vermin over any other food, even if they had a personal fear/digust of that vermin. You'd catch a fire snake in an animal trap, and then some dwarf would run up and eat it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 08:12:25 pm »

On an unrelated note, while browsing the wiki, I realised that you could extract Mog Juice from mogghoppers. And liquid fire from those fire snake-things. (Which retails at 100☼, each snake giving 5 portions) so that's 500☼ for basically vermin.  :o

Catching vermin never caught on with the old timers because of a (now fixed) bug in 40d, where dwarves would prioritize eating caught vermin over any other food, even if they had a personal fear/digust of that vermin. You'd catch a fire snake in an animal trap, and then some dwarf would run up and eat it.
Yeeaaahhh...

Kinda like cats. And we all hate cats.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 09:52:44 pm »

Yeeaaahhh...

Kinda like cats. And we all hate cats.

My cats get to run free in my food stockpile until they start lagging / I need food badly.
While that may be un-dwarfy, is it not more dwarfy to make me have to deal with all the catsplosions?
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Irrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »

Aquariums? You mean you guys don't have 1 z-level thick hollow glass floors designated as ponds?
A dwarven Architect can and will build an unbalanced skyscraper from lead with only a single supporting column at ground level on top of sand.

Truly the greatest minds of this world.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 05:15:50 pm »

Once I felt a waterfall just to land on a lamprey,killed it with my teeth. (broke arms and legs.) :-[
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
Pages: 1 [2]