Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread continue?

Wait for Soviet Storm Rising to be released.
- 16 (47.1%)
Don't bother continuing the let's play, but document anything modding related.
- 4 (11.8%)
Just lock it, it has had its day.
- 1 (2.9%)
Wait for a new scenario, or create one yourself.
- 5 (14.7%)
Please keep playing the same stuff over and over! I like repetition!
- 8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107

Author Topic: Let's modify Shadow President! - Soviet Storm Rising re-enters production!  (Read 218556 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Shadow President!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 06:19:46 am »

Errr... What's happening?

FUCK.

Well, our popularity spiralled to 1% because of the war on Mexico and the attempted attack on Norway. Restart?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 06:22:28 am »

Was just about to suggest that! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 06:27:19 am »

What should we do?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:16 am »

Attack the toughest country.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 06:50:34 am »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 06:53:56 am »

I don't know, this game is pretty complicated stuff.
I need to look at the tutorial again.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 07:15:51 am »

Whoah, when I said, just about to suggest that, I was still on the first page and didn't see the new posts. :(
I meant to agree with the 'arming rebels' idea... Oh well.
Let's strengthen ties with some shitty little developing country, and sell them tonnes of weapons to attack the neighboring shitty developing country! :)

Oh, and encourage their military spending, as well.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:17:31 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 07:23:33 am »

We are now funding the Kuwait nuclear program and giving them munitions and soldiers. I'll do some more stuff tommorow. I'm now going to bed.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29:07 am »

ROFL...yeah, Shadow President is not a game where you can use blunt force very often. FYI: NEVER actually conquer Iraq. If you take possession of it, the Soviets will nuke you. Because y'know....that sort of scenario was unthinkable back in 1991.  :-\

Most of the game will tend to be killing with a thousand paper cuts--diplomatic actions, supplying rebels, triangulating with natural enemies of a hostile state, etc.

Oh, and look at using trade as a weapon. Opening up trade/granting Most Favored Nation status typically has huge economic effects on the target country, while trade embargoes tend to cripple weaker states.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »

FYI: NEVER actually conquer Iraq. If you take possession of it, the Soviets will nuke you.
Turkey in my game would disagree with you. I attacked Iraq when they attacked Kuwait, and for some reason Turkey took them over instead of me.

No nukes have flown thus far.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:52 pm »

FYI: NEVER actually conquer Iraq. If you take possession of it, the Soviets will nuke you.
Turkey in my game would disagree with you. I attacked Iraq when they attacked Kuwait, and for some reason Turkey took them over instead of me.

No nukes have flown thus far.
That makes sense. Turkey taking Iraq doesn't disrupt the balance of power. The US taking a major landbase right on the Soviet border does.

Actually, the US taking just about any country on the Soviet border will trigger nukes. Even a few major African countries like Egypt can trigger nukes. I think I took Somalia one time without triggering WWIII, but my approval was in the dumps and of course, Somalia was a massive drain on the budget because of the cost of maintaining troops.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 02:21:38 pm »

Grant MFN status to Japan, then strongly encourage their nuclear program and military spending. Then do the same with South Korea and Isreal.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

I kinda remember this game.  IIRC to keep from annoyingly failing nearly all the time, you have to grind your Leader Effectiveness Rating up to 90+.  You need to look at the attributes that increase/decrease with the success or failure of each type of action.   I think the one that raised LER also on failure dropped popular approval or something similar.  So you need to find *another* action that generally raises popular approval without dropping something vital to compensate.  Then spam a mix of the 2 actions until LER is high enough.   THEN you can go to work on your agenda, remembering to fix LER whenever it drops.

I remember after several game months of spamming something like "exchange cultural envoy" and such with other blue team countries I was able to get the US economy crazy high, and the rest of the blue team pretty pumped.  Also I had USSR and China practically disarmed including nukes, and my military super high tech.  Then I started invading red team countries, and conquered about 30 before it got too repetitive - I was gonna do the whole world, but there's a LOT of countries.   I don't remember if I had to disarm France and UK first - probably, 'cause I had lost a ton of games first to France throwing nukes at me for using harsh language to some random country.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 03:16:22 pm »

MFN and all assistance possible to arm North Korea, just to see what happens. Confused Soviets much?
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107