Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this thread continue?

Wait for Soviet Storm Rising to be released.
- 16 (47.1%)
Don't bother continuing the let's play, but document anything modding related.
- 4 (11.8%)
Just lock it, it has had its day.
- 1 (2.9%)
Wait for a new scenario, or create one yourself.
- 5 (14.7%)
Please keep playing the same stuff over and over! I like repetition!
- 8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107

Author Topic: Let's modify Shadow President! - Soviet Storm Rising re-enters production!  (Read 218447 times)

Relic

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian and proud
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Shadow President!
« Reply #1575 on: July 25, 2013, 11:03:19 pm »

For my own game I'm in, if I respond to France attacking the UK with a military threat, would I actually have to invade France? Or can I just defend the UK or surgical strike France?

I never really figured out how this works, because I always invade anyway :p
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:08:42 pm by Relic »
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered) -Julius Caesar

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: July 26, 2013, 02:51:29 am »

For my own game I'm in, if I respond to France attacking the UK with a military threat, would I actually have to invade France? Or can I just defend the UK or surgical strike France?

That could be tricky. If your NSA guy rates France as "Cooperation" or above, you cannot take any kind of negative action against France whatsoever without one or more of your advisers resigning--you would only be able to defend England from an invasion but not take the war to France itself. However if France is rated as "Indifference" or lower, you can use whatever means you deem necessary to stop the French. Though...I must point out that France is a nuclear power and we all know how they respond to surgical strikes.
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

Relic

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: July 26, 2013, 10:38:57 am »

That could be tricky. If your NSA guy rates France as "Cooperation" or above, you cannot take any kind of negative action against France whatsoever without one or more of your advisers resigning--you would only be able to defend England from an invasion but not take the war to France itself. However if France is rated as "Indifference" or lower, you can use whatever means you deem necessary to stop the French. Though...I must point out that France is a nuclear power and we all know how they respond to surgical strikes.

I'm indifferent towards them, but what will the game see as military action? What actions can I take to properly back up my military threat? Oh, and the French aren't a nuclear power anymore. In my game the entire world was destroyed by nukes and I'm the only nation left with world reach ;) I somehow managed to avoid being hit by any nukes haha

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: July 26, 2013, 12:55:28 pm »

I'm indifferent towards them, but what will the game see as military action? What actions can I take to properly back up my military threat? Oh, and the French aren't a nuclear power anymore. In my game the entire world was destroyed by nukes and I'm the only nation left with world reach ;) I somehow managed to avoid being hit by any nukes haha
Well I wouldn't recommend another nuke strike. Even though you weren't hit directly, I am guessing your own population and military suffered considerable losses due to radioactive fallout. Perhaps you should post screenshots of the world status maps so I can better come up with some ideas on your next move(s). Out of curiosity, what sparked the nuclear war?
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

Relic

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: July 26, 2013, 03:57:48 pm »

Well I wouldn't recommend another nuke strike. Even though you weren't hit directly, I am guessing your own population and military suffered considerable losses due to radioactive fallout. Perhaps you should post screenshots of the world status maps so I can better come up with some ideas on your next move(s). Out of curiosity, what sparked the nuclear war?

The Soviet Union nuked Iraq when I was invading, which resulted in all the nuclear powers nuking everybody. For some reason France decided to nuke the UK.

Relic

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 26, 2013, 09:06:50 pm »

So umm... Apparently getting nuked gives me about 40,000,000,000 population, a huge growth rate, and a nuclear arsenal of 50,000 nukes... Oh, and my average citizen earns 60k a year ;)

Btw, what's the easiest way to take screenshots and post them here?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:24:51 pm by Relic »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 26, 2013, 09:48:19 pm »

So umm... Apparently getting nuked gives me about 40,000,000,000 population, a huge growth rate, and a nuclear arsenal of 50,000 nukes... Oh, and my average citizen earns 60k a year ;)

So you were nuked all the way to the DC universe.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 27, 2013, 12:01:42 am »

This is an occasional bug that occurs at random though not often. Best countermeasure I know is to revert to save.

But an interesting explanation is that the detonation destabilized our universe (at least as far as Earth is concerned), resulting in entire populations from several alternate universes being pulled into ours. Either that or the game counts the roaches since they are the only ones left alive.

Relic

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 27, 2013, 12:29:21 am »

This is an occasional bug that occurs at random though not often. Best countermeasure I know is to revert to save.

But an interesting explanation is that the detonation destabilized our universe (at least as far as Earth is concerned), resulting in entire populations from several alternate universes being pulled into ours. Either that or the game counts the roaches since they are the only ones left alive.

Lmao, seems like a legit reason to me :D I'm gonna keep a save like this, so when I'm bored I can nuke everything haha

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1584 on: August 07, 2013, 12:29:56 am »

(removed the last post and a reply at the request of the poster)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 07, 2013, 12:32:25 am »

Soviet Storm Rising...UN-UPDATE

Okay I messed up the scenario again. So I deleted the scenario and all backups from my computer. As of this moment, Soviet Storm Rising is now officially on hold indefinitely. I may resume the scenario in the near future though since I now work a full time job (which wasn't the case before), chances are very slim I will ever get a chance and even it I do, I will very likely move much slower. I am sorry for everyone who was looking forward to this scenario.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 07, 2013, 01:17:37 am »

Excellent. You know, Shadow President has the potential to have a true modding community, rare for a DOS game. Hopefully things like this will show others the game's potential.
Yeah it does. But after my latest failure, we may need to recognize that I may have no real place in such a community.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 07, 2013, 06:51:52 am »

By Experiment632's request, I am starting a new poll. If you want to vote for the "PLZ BAN HE" nonsense, remember this; Experiment has released plenty of scenarios before this happened, it is plain ridiculous to assume that he suddenly decided to troll us all.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 07, 2013, 06:52:17 am »

I am so sorry I let everyone down  :(

I really tried. I was going to take an extended break however I think that may not be an option as I am certain some of you now believe I may be a troll and now time is now crucial. I have spent half the night making preparations with the UGE editor. Before I begin however, I will await the opinion of the majority in the polls as it is now questionable if anything I make will be accepted now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:45 am »

Dude, seriously, stop deleting all your work. This is like the fourth time. I don't know what you're so afraid of, but you didn't even let us try this one before getting rid of it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107