Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 137737 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Vain double-post to share my profile the choice I just made.  I've loudly resented the devils for a while now, but still been nominally on their team.  Sometimes...  Well, enough said here.  I just really liked the text for this decision:
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Rolan7?fromEchoId=11713456

I'm also really excited by recent dreams of What The Thunder Said.  I never look up dream information, but I'm getting pretty curious about the Stormy-Eyed quality that keeps coming up.  I think I heard that it isn't fate-locked.  I assume I just need to be patient and keep dreaming, and if so, I don't want to know more...  Otherwise, a hint would be appreciated.

P.S.  The Portly Sommelier can still go straight to hell (;
I need him to visit... mm...  Well, only 35 more times, now.  That's okay.  I don't have the full payment ready anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Update!  Not that this is a webcomic but...  http://community.failbettergames.com/topic23553-new-renown-items-available.aspx?Page=15#post191279

Constables and Hell are now using the renown system.  It's a little odd, I still have all my Connected with both, but also received 7 favors with each.  I think factions like Urchins had their Connected converted to Renown directly at some rate.  I'm sure the Connected will be useful, somehow...  There's an open question about that in the official thread, and this did just happen today.

Best part, Great Game is promised next week :D  best faction
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Er, semi-necro, for another update!  An election!  (and this is non-exceptional content, open to all)
Yes, Sinning Jenny's term as champion of the poor urchin and dockworker is coming to an end.  Personally, I'm sad to see her go.

However, we have three interesting candidates!  I was rather surprised by each.  I chose the second.

The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner.  Relatively obscure in my circles, but still somewhat interesting.  She really doesn't hate the sinner- her efforts are constructive, aiming to help people rise above the hedonism of the Neath.  She has strong support from semi-reformed criminals, freed from honey and wine.

The Implacable Detective!  Seeking truth in all things.  She supports the rule of law, of course, and an intellectual approach to government.  Maybe a criminal like me would suffer under her mayorship.  But I do have quite a collection of her calling cards, from having her back.  I'd like to think we both seek truth, in our ways.  Perhaps under her rule, speaking truth would be less of a crime.

Feducci.  Mysterious,  duelist, tomb-colonist...  Or is he?  Some say he's not from London.  He believes in honor and fairness, which is laudable... in theory.  In practice, he uses his advantages to slaughter the unwary, and runs a bloody fight club.  I shudder to think what the streets of London would look like with him as Mayor.

Well!  I have thrown my lot in with the Implacable Detective, as a fixer.  I hope people join in, and maybe even join my side.  Any such person would, on contacting me (Rolan7), soon have their Scandal and Suspicion rapidly reduced.  That is apparently the job of a fixer.
She/they

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"She doesn't hate the sinner"

Yeah, sure, and her campaigns against me whenever I write scandalous poetry is definitely not hate. :P

I support the Implacable Detective too, but Feducci seems to be the popular choice right now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Feducci is a bro.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Bros don't cheat at duels to the death...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's a TC. Their sense of honor is weird at best.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a new tab* in Fallen London for the next year: mysteries! It's a series of questions, from the easy, to the esoteric, that get scored at the end of the year, and you get rewards for how many you get right. I've listed the questions below, with some of my thoughts on them. Anyone willing to collaborate?

Spoiler: Who is May? (click to show/hide)

*Only on the browser version, they couldn't scrape the code together for the mobile version.

Also ps to rolan7, sorry to not responding and being a shitty suitor. I keep saying "I'm going to get to it" but I never pen that blasted response. :(

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Hoooooooly carp.  I thought I had a reasonably good grasp of the lore, but there's so much I didn't know.  Delightful secrets :D
Keeping in mind that "Some answers are easy, others are esoteric, and some have yet to be revealed", you might have an optimal set of answers here already.

Gotta rush, family visit, but this is exciting!  Quick thoughts:

Blythenhale:  The forum post (I assume the same one you saw) suggests Bethnal Green as a possibility, but that does seem like a stretch.

The Great Game:  I'm going to write "Paris".  "It's always about Paris", as they say, or "We must talk about Paris." when concluding business in Wilmot's End.  One of those things I treated as a memey joke.  Or maybe the 25-renown reward is a straightforward answer, hehe...  I'd like that more than another useless item.

Key in the Well:  This be a reference to the three sisters of Hunter's Keep...  I remember getting a key related to the well there, but no details.  I'll zail back when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow...

Noman:  I don't think that would be Mr Eaten, I'm going to guess Mr Sacks.  Just based on the Snowchild sequence in Sunless Sea, because I've never had a FL noman.

Fingerkings:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenWdylTtzs
Heh, but really I don't have a good guess.  Which is ironic considering how much Touched By Fingerwork I have (if I knew the answer, maybe I wouldn't seek those dreams so much).  Based on how those dreams go, with you often imitating your reflection instead of vice versa, "meta puppets" does sound likely.

"February of Sunlight" (??):  I'd heard that story, but never that name for it.  Huh.  I do like that story though.  Tragic and romantic.

Pff like I never took a while to reply :P.  Probably for the best, I've been distracted by family stuff
She/they

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Great Game:  I'm going to write "Paris".  "It's always about Paris", as they say, or "We must talk about Paris." when concluding business in Wilmot's End.  One of those things I treated as a memey joke.  Or maybe the 25-renown reward is a straightforward answer, hehe...  I'd like that more than another useless item.
That's an interesting theory, especially since *Paris might be the Sixth City, and soon(ish).*
Fingerkings:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenWdylTtzs
Heh, but really I don't have a good guess.  Which is ironic considering how much Touched By Fingerwork I have (if I knew the answer, maybe I wouldn't seek those dreams so much).  Based on how those dreams go, with you often imitating your reflection instead of vice versa, "meta puppets" does sound likely.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Key in the Well:  This be a reference to the three sisters of Hunter's Keep...  I remember getting a key related to the well there, but no details.  I'll zail back when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow...
That's right, I forgot about that! I think you need the Stone-Tentacle Key for your Ambition. I've been prepping for a zailing trip myself, so I'll stop by Hunter's Keep too on my way over to Corpsecage Island. My intuition is mumbling something about Rubbery Men because tentacles, but that maid's got me scratching my head.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"February of Sunlight" (??):  I'd heard that story, but never that name for it.  Huh.  I do like that story though.  Tragic and romantic.
I'm worried that it's too obvious. It just seems like a perfect trap, because the Fall is pretty common knowledge by now. I just don't know what else it could be.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so have been playing this for some weeks already, and i was just getting more acquantied with the whole honey business when suddenly, i get the starveling cat. by mr eaten's name, how did that happened?

anyways. it doesnt do anything so i guess i'll let it follow me, im not seeking the name anyways, but its a collectible i guess. also, my Sunless Sea captain had it in the crew, so its a nice reminder.

is there a way to lvl shadow without stealing? or well, chasing cats? i've tried to be on the magnanimous side but it seems like almost all the shadowy stuff is related to criminals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Generally speaking, if you want to train it up with repeatable stories then yes, you're doing crime. Shadowy comes up in other stories as a stealthy while not necessarily criminal enterprise. But those aren't really repeatable. And the higher end of Shadowy is totally given over to elaborate criminal activities.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, grinding Shadowy is primarily about stealing stuff until you hit 100, when it moves on to less criminal things, like stagecraft, spying, and press baroning.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ugh, guess i'll live out of spying in ladybones road then.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #1064 on: August 29, 2017, 05:41:41 pm »

Sunless Skies (early access) totally snuck up on me, looks like keys are going out tomorrow at 2PM EST (19.5 hours from now)!
I haven't followed it at all, but I'm very excited to see "space" portrayed.  From what I recall, it seems like it'd be kinda the opposite of Fallen London...  Sailing among the judgements, rather than being forever shielded from them.

I got a lot of enjoyment out of Sunless Sea so I'm excited for this too, even if the gameplay is roughly more of the same.  Some of the early dev diaries did seem encouraging though, about making combat less tedious and more tactical.  We'll zee I guess!

In actual FL news, I'm pretty sure I just lured a fingerking to permanent exile in the nadir.  Hehehe.  Exploring this place without a guide is so rewarding, if not in items.  (A certain recurring dream went down a little, interesting.  And its "face" is a direful reflection, of course.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:43:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 74