Other Projects > Other Games

Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!

<< < (212/222) > >>

hops:
Bros don't cheat at duels to the death...

nenjin:
He's a TC. Their sense of honor is weird at best.

My Name is Immaterial:
There's a new tab* in Fallen London for the next year: mysteries! It's a series of questions, from the easy, to the esoteric, that get scored at the end of the year, and you get rewards for how many you get right. I've listed the questions below, with some of my thoughts on them. Anyone willing to collaborate?

Spoiler: What was Moloch Street called before London fell? (click to show/hide)I'm not sure, but the Moloch Street Station is the only remaining train station in London. It runs one route to the west, taking devils and the odd human to Hell and back.
King's Cross? Anyone know London geography better?

Spoiler: What was Elderwick called before London fell? (click to show/hide)Not sure. From the forum: "Elderwick - a church, booksellers, artists' lodgings."

Spoiler: What was Lusitania Row called before London fell? (click to show/hide)Piccadilly Arcade, suggests a forum post.
(Piccadilly -> formerly Portugal -> contains Lusitania.)
Spoiler: What was Blythenhale called before London fell? (click to show/hide)No idea. An alley with lots of stray cats?
Spoiler: What are the seven colours of the Neathbow? (click to show/hide)This one's easy: Irrigo, Violant, Cosmogone, Peligin, Apocyan, Viric, and Gant.
Spoiler: What is the Great Game played for? (click to show/hide)Chess Pieces? A certain candle suggests it's being played for Central Asia?
Spoiler: Name the seven doors of the Bazaar (click to show/hide)The Ormolu Door, The Steel Door, The Copper Door, The Glass Door, The Ivory Door, The Paper Door, and The Teeth Door.
Spoiler: What does the Bishop of Southwark keep in his barn? (click to show/hide)The Wings-of-Thunder Bat, which is, in reality, Mr. Hearts and, possibly, the other Masters of the Bazaar. Where the Hound of Heaven comes from, as it is not the beast you trained (cause Mr. Hearts ate it), is another question, with terrifying implications.
Spoiler: Why do Snuffers eat candles? (click to show/hide)Because Elder Continent stuff? uhhhhh I dunno.
Spoiler: Who is May? (click to show/hide)We have no idea. They are a member of the revolutionary Calendar Council, but their exact identity is unknown. There are a few people connected to the revolutionary elements who might be candidates:
Curt Relicker
The Affluent Photographer
The Jovial Contrarian
The Secular Missionary
The Revolutionary Firebrand
Spoiler: One of the Empress' issue died. But which? (click to show/hide)This one's got me scratching my head. I haven't heard anything about a dead royal child. Maybe the Alluring Princess? Any ideas?

Spoiler: What happened to the working man's friend? (click to show/hide)There's a real newspaper called the "[ur=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Working_Man's_Friend_and_Family_Instructorl]The Working Man's Friend and Family Instructor[/url]" that got discontinued in 1852, around the time of the Great Exhibition. The image is a newspaper. Maybe they're talking about The Magazine Formerly Known As The London Magazine?

Spoiler: Who was the original architect of the Dawn Machine? (click to show/hide)An admiralty splinter cell called the New Sequence.
Spoiler: Name a hero of the season of revolutions (click to show/hide)The devil Virginia, bane of Archeologists.
Spoiler: Who hid the key in the well? (click to show/hide)I seek not the Name. Can a Seeker enlighten me?
Spoiler: Who was the first noman? (click to show/hide)Mr. Sacks? Mr. Eaten? I have no clue who the first lacre-homunculi was.
Spoiler: Who opened the mirrors? (click to show/hide)I have no idea. Third City/Fourth City stuff? Any ideas?
Spoiler: Why do cats hate snakes? (click to show/hide)Something something parabola something something magic dream tiger cats something something fingerkings are angry snakes
Spoiler: What do the Fingerkings want? (click to show/hide)Meat puppets? Liberation of Night? Apparently, you can "use an Implacable Detective's Business Card to Locate a Deranged Medium; completing the case offers what seems to be a good hint. The information is better if you get a Notable Success, and also if you visit Mirror-Marches while pursuing the case and look into an Ivory Frame."
Spoiler: What happened in the last February of sunlight? (click to show/hide)A tragic love story. An empress sold her kingdom to save her lover. And then bats. So many bats.
*Only on the browser version, they couldn't scrape the code together for the mobile version.

Also ps to rolan7, sorry to not responding and being a shitty suitor. I keep saying "I'm going to get to it" but I never pen that blasted response. :(

Rolan7:
Hoooooooly carp.  I thought I had a reasonably good grasp of the lore, but there's so much I didn't know.  Delightful secrets :D
Keeping in mind that "Some answers are easy, others are esoteric, and some have yet to be revealed", you might have an optimal set of answers here already.

Gotta rush, family visit, but this is exciting!  Quick thoughts:

Blythenhale:  The forum post (I assume the same one you saw) suggests Bethnal Green as a possibility, but that does seem like a stretch.

Spoiler: Snuffers eating candles: (click to show/hide)"They are named for their appetite for candles, which they devour – though none knows whether they crave the wax, or the flame. They are searching for something, or perhaps somewhere."
After I spoiled myself on Mr Eaten's name, I assumed it might be connected.  I don't know enough about the Elder Continent to know if that fits.
Based on that quote I'd wonder about the Liberation of Night (which I'm also scarcely aware of) except that the article-writer suggests they're used by the elite, not the revolutionaries.
http://thefifthcity.wikia.com/wiki/Snuffers

The Great Game:  I'm going to write "Paris".  "It's always about Paris", as they say, or "We must talk about Paris." when concluding business in Wilmot's End.  One of those things I treated as a memey joke.  Or maybe the 25-renown reward is a straightforward answer, hehe...  I'd like that more than another useless item.

Key in the Well:  This be a reference to the three sisters of Hunter's Keep...  I remember getting a key related to the well there, but no details.  I'll zail back when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow...

Noman:  I don't think that would be Mr Eaten, I'm going to guess Mr Sacks.  Just based on the Snowchild sequence in Sunless Sea, because I've never had a FL noman.

Fingerkings:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenWdylTtzs
Heh, but really I don't have a good guess.  Which is ironic considering how much Touched By Fingerwork I have (if I knew the answer, maybe I wouldn't seek those dreams so much).  Based on how those dreams go, with you often imitating your reflection instead of vice versa, "meta puppets" does sound likely.

"February of Sunlight" (??):  I'd heard that story, but never that name for it.  Huh.  I do like that story though.  Tragic and romantic.

Pff like I never took a while to reply :P.  Probably for the best, I've been distracted by family stuff

My Name is Immaterial:

--- Quote from: Rolan7 on July 19, 2017, 10:21:54 am ---The Great Game:  I'm going to write "Paris".  "It's always about Paris", as they say, or "We must talk about Paris." when concluding business in Wilmot's End.  One of those things I treated as a memey joke.  Or maybe the 25-renown reward is a straightforward answer, hehe...  I'd like that more than another useless item.

--- End quote ---
That's an interesting theory, especially since *Paris might be the Sixth City, and soon(ish).*

--- Quote from: Rolan7 on July 19, 2017, 10:21:54 am ---Fingerkings:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenWdylTtzs
Heh, but really I don't have a good guess.  Which is ironic considering how much Touched By Fingerwork I have (if I knew the answer, maybe I wouldn't seek those dreams so much).  Based on how those dreams go, with you often imitating your reflection instead of vice versa, "meta puppets" does sound likely.

--- End quote ---
Spoiler (click to show/hide)The general concensus on the forums seems to be that they want "to exist", which the Judgements don't allow, cause the Fingerkings aren't real.

--- Quote from: Rolan7 on July 19, 2017, 10:21:54 am ---Key in the Well:  This be a reference to the three sisters of Hunter's Keep...  I remember getting a key related to the well there, but no details.  I'll zail back when I get a chance, maybe tomorrow...

--- End quote ---
That's right, I forgot about that! I think you need the Stone-Tentacle Key for your Ambition. I've been prepping for a zailing trip myself, so I'll stop by Hunter's Keep too on my way over to Corpsecage Island. My intuition is mumbling something about Rubbery Men because tentacles, but that maid's got me scratching my head.Spoiler (click to show/hide)IIRC, in Sunless Sea, you have to go to Hunter's Keep to get the Tireless Mechanic some sleep, because there's an opening to Parabola, which is why you need the Clayman, and the special Mirrorcatch box?

--- Quote from: Rolan7 on July 19, 2017, 10:21:54 am ---"February of Sunlight" (??):  I'd heard that story, but never that name for it.  Huh.  I do like that story though.  Tragic and romantic.

--- End quote ---
I'm worried that it's too obvious. It just seems like a perfect trap, because the Fall is pretty common knowledge by now. I just don't know what else it could be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version