Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 136765 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #1080 on: October 19, 2017, 07:45:54 am »

havent played these days but the gallery from the fanart competition is marvelous. specially the posters, so many talented people playing the game.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 20, 2017, 05:37:15 am »

I have become obscure.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 24, 2017, 04:10:47 pm »

Who said that? Is Someone There?

Hallowmas has begun! My first time. Seems like a neat little trading card game. You get 4 basically for logging in, more can be acquired for 8 notability each (yeah...)

Bit of a long shot, but would someone please trade me a melancholy curate for my privy councillor? Not for any stat bonus, I just want my sad spy-nun to smile.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:16 pm »

All was well.  Lydia was not effusive, but the change in her demeanor was worth it.  Mostly.
All was well.  That's what's important.

The atemporlal nature of certain social actions is... vexing.  In some circumstances it is only logical that one cannot send or receive messages.  Yet there are circumstances where messages are sent, but wait on the recipients... facility.
I simply wish that it were possible to send a message to someone regardless of their state, and let the postal service handle their temporary relocation to the tomb colonies.  Or snek willing, Royal Bethlemem.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 27, 2017, 05:39:20 am »

I visited the Iron Republic.
Dammit, I lacked the favors necessary...  Eventually, I visited the Iron Republic again.
oh no 9 wounds
I visited the Iron Republic.

On the plus side, I got 3 more journals of my exploits in the land with no tyrants or laws.  Without exception.

Except *see* the glow.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:57:17 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:23 pm »

So, I guess that's it.  In one final, fell, incompletely researched swoop, I guess I "won"?

I descended the Wicket (5 times...) to upgrade all three prestigious lodgings, get some pure lacre for the Duchess's poor consort (fate), and most valuable of all:  Secure a Sooth and Cooper longbox with which to upgrade my Sunless Sea starts.

Ultimately equipped to sleep around, yet feeling vaguely dissatisfied, I finally sold a final ~3000 echoes worth of items to become a millionaire (in pennies).  And thus the Barrister named me London's Marrow.

I'm even poised to become London's Blood (how appropriate, for marrow).  I simply have to grind 12 notability, and then 15 again, heh.  heh.  heh... ):

But what I'm really proud of, after just over a year of fairly obsessive playing...
Spoiler: scandalous (click to show/hide)

Merry Christmas, all!  I think you still have time to play through the 12 days of Mr Sacks if you like, and give the Wicket a whirl.
She/they

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 06, 2018, 03:53:33 am »

There's only one way to win Fallen London and it has nothing to do with lodgings, prestigious or otherwise.

A reckoning is not to be postponed indefinitely.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 06, 2018, 11:17:15 am »

im trying to complete some Storylets here and there. was also resolving that murder crime in the University. anyways, does anyone know here how to improve the Society connections? i checked in the wiki but the info seems to be outdated.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 06, 2018, 01:08:36 pm »

Connected: Society has been updated to the renown system.  Things which used to cost Society CP probably cost favors instead.  Or you might just need a certain amount of Society renown.

To get Society renown, gather Society favors, then use an Entry in Slowcake's Exceptionals item to convert them. 
If you have little or none, you should go to the Big Top at the carnival and Meet Some High Society Types for a cheap start.  After that it becomes a slow process, as you hunt favors.

There generally isn't a way to grind for any sort of favors, they come from opportunity cards or one-time stories.  Look for options which are locked with 7 favors society, that's a clue that they grant a favor.  The card for the marsh-lodging also grants a society favor if you save the man.

There's only one way to win Fallen London and it has nothing to do with lodgings, prestigious or otherwise.

A reckoning is not to be postponed indefinitely.
True true, there's always the renown grind.  I'm almost to 50 Great Game renown, at which point I won't be a pawn!
Also, wells should be filled with concrete.  Why are we digging for water when we're underground?  I have this brass contraption in the works that would purify the Stolen River...
She/they

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:08 pm »

been running on and off from the university while trying to resolve the case. nightmares are a bitch but im used to it. dont like having to spend echoes in a set of goggles and a metalic hat just for an experiment, i hope they have some uses in other stories to compensate the price.

but im getting closer to 100 watchfull. it turned out to be easier to train compared to persuasive or shadowy. dangerous comes second, i've already got the oportunity card to get the Tomb Lion, but i dont have the Labyrinth of Tigers unlocked yet.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 11, 2018, 07:41:32 pm »

is the quest to get Person of Some Important related to your current job? im close to 100 Watchfull but the first stop of the storylet from that woman sends me to Watchmaker's Hill and i dont have 100 Dangerous. yeah my current profession is Thug or whatever (cant remember).

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 12, 2018, 06:27:10 am »

Not at all, you'll need 100 in each stat.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 15, 2018, 04:10:03 pm »

really? that's gonna be a long grind then.

heh, i got to complete The Taste of Lacre (i think). Mr. Sacks seemed more scary in Sunless Sea compared to its Fallen London counterpart, pretty weird. anyways, i chose the Zee Snail house but havent checked it yet.

right now im at Wolfstack Docks trying to get Dangerous high enough while battling in the Black Ribbon. im waiting for the invitation to the Labyrinth of Tigers too. those Rats on a String are pretty expensive.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 18, 2018, 11:08:05 am »

About a week ago I decided that I wanted a nodule of pulsating amber. I know you can buy one for 100 echoes, but I heard you could get one for free on a rare success when exploring the Forgotten Quarter. That sounds like a better option, right?

...Yeah, not recommended. I just got one, but not before earning over 100 echoes in other assorted junk from all my "failures". Not to mention enough trips to the Mirror-Marches to warrant a revolving door.

On the upside(???) I found a total of 7 eyeless skulls in the process... Does someone need one of these, or should I cast my last of these card-clogging wonders into the abyss?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 18, 2018, 01:09:29 pm »

Spoiler: Eyeless Skulls (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74