Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 137542 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Ladies, Gentlemen, Mysterious, and *coughs from dust* Tomb-Colonists, it's election season!

To be honest I took a break from this game, playing 1-2 times a week if that.  But I enjoyed the Exceptional Story about the ratcatcher, and now... yeah, event time, wooooo

The candidates actually did get me excited though, which is a good sign I guess:  Mr Slowcakes, The Jovial Contrarian, and The Captivating Princess.

"But Rolan7 you mysterious and indistinct individual," you ask, "Didn't the Jovial Contrarian already run?"
He did, on a campaign of "Freedom and Liberation".  Now he's trying the "opposite".

"Mr Slowcakes?  Isn't he just a fake identity the Devils of London created?"  That's sure what I thought, me.  And he's still not appearing.  HMMM

"There's a Princess?"  Yeah, it's some exceptional story thing.  I heard she loves red honey.  And might be a werewolf or something IDK

This very professional summary was slightly rushed, I'm sure you'll be surprised to hear.  I've only had time to skim the candidates' descriptions.  I'm expecting to go with the Contrarian - dealing with devils is angsty evil fun, particularly as a soulless, but maybe there are limits?
Then again, maybe the Contrarian makes a better commentator than a leader.  His populism and unpredictability have a certain uncomfortable familiarity.  Also he may or may not support the liberation of night, half the time, being a revolutionary.

Heck, maybe the monarch who eats memories for kicks is the least worst of horrific options.

Edit:  Oh wow I forgot she married Feducci, right?  Wow maybe we ARE better off with the devils...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:50:53 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Electing Mr. Slowcakes seem hilarious, but likely a bad idea.

The Jovial Contrarian's chances seem pretty slim as usual.

Guess I'm throwing in my lot with the unspeakable honey-sipping, man-eating, tiger-slaying horror in human form, royalist that I am.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Hehe, turns out winning is fun too.

Free darkdrop coffee!  http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/loveindies
There's an indie-game appreciation thing going on, and they're asking for reviews and upvotes etc.  But the coffee is free.
they also gave a Great Game favor, ha
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #1098 on: September 02, 2018, 09:20:07 pm »

Does the Reliable Safecracker have a lot of daughters or do the husbands meet tragically short ends?
That is to say, the betrothed.  I love how FL is equal-opportunity for horridness.

That's an aside, I actually wanted to brag that I came up with a clever tactic for the Feast of the Zee at Mutton Island.  Being at zee, I was able to surpass 8 Nightmares without immediate consequence.

Presumably the same would be true for 8 Wounds - but I didn't dare.  I have only done so once, while on the zee itself, and immediately unrectified [sic] it by going to the place with no laws, no exceptions.

Anyway, my clever strat was to grind the heck out of the nightmarish Feast options, only to have them reset in the worse place.  But I worried about limits, so I kept screenshots of each milestone just in case.
And I have a screenshot of the Well's message, but it actually isn't anything too exceptional.  It's more personal than revelatory.  The part I will share is that I woke up back in London somehow, with a cracked wellstone covered in blood and bits of my teeth.

which worked out fine because I was almost late for my Making Waves tax, good thing I saved up a lot of 50c convertibles.  I actually like the Notability system, but I admit it is demanding.  Particularly since I'm going for 15 again, to become London's... watchful bits.  It's not enough to be its sneaky bits.

Edit:  I mean I also lost 3 *points* worth of CP in Watchful and Persuasive, at least.  It was a Bad Time.  Just fortunate I wasn't floating 215 pts and working towards an endgame goal, again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:31:44 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #1099 on: December 03, 2018, 10:47:17 pm »

Advent's here, and you can still get the day 1 award along with day 2. 
I don't play so much anymore, but it's still a nice setting.
She/they

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

What the hell this even is?

Also, for those who missed it, there were a bunch of additions lately, most notably finished ambitions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

FBG brought back an old new event, Whitsun. It's Eggs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Agh is this a limb, what the h__l, g_________t, this is the worst event
eggs
She/they

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Urg. I really want to get back into the game, but I’ve been gone for a year, so I have no idea what I’m doing or where I’m at. I would restart, but I don’t want to lose Snout Chopski. Can you even get Skullduggerous Urchins anymore?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Urg. I really want to get back into the game, but I’ve been gone for a year, so I have no idea what I’m doing or where I’m at. I would restart, but I don’t want to lose Snout Chopski. Can you even get Skullduggerous Urchins anymore?
I believe the Making Your Name rework lets you restart yourself to nearly the beginning of the storylines, but you'll still be a stat beast. But also, you might want to wait until FBG releases the New Game+ mechanics.

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have fallen victim to this game and I am in desperate need of an intervention. Waiting for just one more turn...
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]