Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 137633 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Echo Bazaar : Explore Lovecraft's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:56 am »

I'm Corin T (@RodlenJack) on Twitter.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 11:54:11 am »

Followed, added to OP and invited for some chess :)

Btw if people don't want me to add them to the first post tell me now so I can stop and remove you if you so desire :)

Edit : Alright! Here, it's Gaiman's now! HAPPY? x]

re-edit : It seemed a lot more lovecraftian in the beginning...

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:51:01 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Add me to the first post, name's GlyphGryph on twitter (created it just for the game).

Have been strongly considering start up exactly this thread, but it was done better than I would have, so yay for that.

Also, MUCH better than the old non-descriptive thread for this game.

Also, I second it being changed to something along the lines of "Gaiman's Victorian England".
It's not really Lovecraftian at all.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:32:27 pm by GlyphGryph »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the chess - I got some Sudden Insights from it which look pretty handy.   And I'm currently thrashing between Seducing an Artist and Praising Fungus In Verse :D   And grinding Whispered Secrets for an Opportunity Card I drew...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today I discovered my first Appalling Secret. More nightmares, oh good..
I'm still not entirely happy with the thread title, but it'll do for now. Maybe avoid authors altogether and just reference laudanum, Saucy Jack and intrigue?

Also, this chap played chess with me, feel free to add him to the list.
Good Eggs
Nolan Tomlinson

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK I have enough Whispered Secrets to unlock this "Putting the pieces together: something about the Fourth City" card
A troubled conversation about dusty stones
"If they said...and she meant...and we were on the Ramparts on the night the Constables never came...has the fountain always been dry?"

and the message has to be sent to someone else - anyone want it?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, but I have the same :) Maybe we can send each-other if no-one else wants? My guess is it'll give both of us advantages, so it'd be better to send it to different people, spread the power as it were.

Also is there a way NOT to waste my hastily scrawled notes and sudden insights when I fail a storylet? Yeah, I don't need your second chance at something I can do as many times as I want, game :( I need them when I get to another "ONE TRY ONLY, MORTAL!" storylets.

Also Baruk, added your chap under the Facebook header. If it's twitter say so, so that I can move him. Also, the thread title is meant to capture people's attention, and a famous author works well. As I said, I was gonna go for Mieville, because it is the exact same atmosphere as in the Perdido Street Station books, but I doubt many people have heard of him.

edit : Since it's my last post anyway, I'm just going to edit it :

Damn I just love some of the larger questlines in this game, especially Raking the Muck of Neath!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:49:16 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally went insane. I lost a couple of cards I had been holding on to, but on the plus side, my nightmares are dropping fairly quickly.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games

Okay, you've caught my interest. The introduction has me impressed. I'm in using twitter (meganleb), username Kotshka.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

Oh I suppose I'll put my stuff up and start playing this game again. I wonder if the Vake storyline has been extended yet...
I'm connecting via twitter since I don't have FB at this point. joshua_mcneely (username, Theodolus)

Argh. Now you have my real name. No stalking please. :P
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you guys follow me on Twitter, because I just can't freaking seem to be able to find people on it :( Sorry about this, but you'd have to follow me one way or the other if you want to be friends in-game with me :)

edit : Oh btw, I was wondering what was happening to you, Baruk! Can we help you somehow?

Re-edit : I think I found you, at last, or at least found people with the same name following Echo Bazaar, so it's a fair trade-off :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:09:05 pm by Graven »

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was insane, but I'm feeling better now, Graven. :)
I wouldn't recommend it, because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably best to spoiler any advice. There is a wiki for the game, but after a brief perusal, I decided it may be more fun to step on the various landmines.

Currently, I'm on the trail of a mysterious cheesemonger..

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh damn, that sucks man, glad to know you're feeling better :)

Btw someone followed me on twitter and invited me for sparrring; if you're from this forum please reply here so I can add you to the OP and, consequently, our swiftly growing network of undercover agents :)

I'm currently searching for an adventurous Comtessa who's gone missing.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was sparring me?  (I'm Blackadder in the game, and jeffbart on facebook and jefftesto on twitter - a melange of obfuscating nom de guerres, muhahaha).  I sent you the dusty clue too.

Hmm, I can get a key to a cottage by the observatory but it's 500 Whispered Secrets, crikey!   But I've seduced an artist, an artist's model, and a honey heiress so yay me :D

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, could be :) you were playing only with facebook before, I reckon? Imma add you right away :]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 74