Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 137548 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

I played the heck out of this a while back. I'm having fun with the stories, but I'd love to upgrade my living quarters again... only problem is they all take obscene amounts of whatevers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I may give this a try tonight.  Are you guys creating new twitters and facebook(oh, but twitters is a word, firefox?) accounts for this?

I don't have twitter at all, so I might as well make one.  And if it is interesting, I may well end up using a fake facebook more than my real one, I just don't think I wanna post my real account here.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

I had neither, so I made a twitter - it's easier. I only use it for the game, as I suppose a lot of us do. It'd be easier to make a twitter also because all of us here seem to be playing with a twitter at least, so you're guaranteed some friends who'll invite you for chess, suspicious loitering and other helpful stuff.

Also the game still rocks.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I made a facebook and twitter account because of the game, I'm not much into that stuff otherwise.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I made a twitter for this is well, ingame as The Merchant of Menace (Accidentally picked gentleman at the start but I'll be damned if I give up that name ><) YuukoFox on Twitter.
*Hugs*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Damn, the game is trying hard to make you buy the premium account. Still, it's much fun to read. Very Gaimanesque indeed.

Here's my ad-hoc twitter account name: SignorePalazzo . Same in-game.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My Twitter is DF_Interus.

I've started playing now.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Added to the OP; also Palazzo - I can't find you in Twitter, please follow me or if someone else is following you tell me please :)

Also also; hpmons - if you're from here report dammit! We need documentation :]
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Well, I've found you. I can see you've got the crazy mandrake too.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Echo Bazaar : Explore Lovecraft's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 02:09:33 pm »

I swear Twitter is out to get me... I also swear I searched at least five times for you :( All is well when it ends well, however!

Anyway, yeah, I just don't know what to do with it... I can play with it, which only ends up with me in stitches, but so far no other uses. You'd think a crazy plantmonster would be slightly more ...applicable.

And I can't stress how much I loathe storylets with the [Warning: failing here may mean you have to start over!] descriptor. I failed a modest difficulty one two times in a row. I've spent close to 30 actions chasing a freaking rat!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crazy Mandrake?

Also, I may have gone insane. :(

I'm probably out there murderin' people right now. Not that murderin' people isn't what I do when I'm not insane, but I somehow doubt I'm going to be paid for it this time... :(

Graven, and the whole reason those second chance items are so dandy, to be honest. At least its not as bad as the ones where if you fail once, you fail forever!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but that's why I want to be freaking able to choose when I waste one of those! Maybe I could write to the dev team... doubt anyone would actually listen, though :)

Also stop going insane, people! We have a Fallen London to envelop in conspiracies and shadows! We can't very well do this when half of us are out there trying to murder people with live cats or orphans now, can we :]

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

So how far along are everyone? I know we have at least a couple players who are from a while back and may be further along. I myself played a while ago and am now getting back in to it. However it's been a joy seeing a bunch of newer low-level cards popping up in my deck. For reference, I'm more than happy to accept anyone's invitations so if you're having trouble getting people to accept feel free to spam me with requests.

Also: W: 89 : S: 72 : D: 90 : P: 77 : are my base stats without modifiers. Curious what others are at. Also, does anyone know anybody who has actually played enough to buy the Overgoat?
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ronald Miasma W: 34 S: 2 D: 22 P: 12

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blackadder W:15  S:27  D:11  P 26

And oddly the low stats are where I have second chance items, 'cause it pains me to waste them when there's no real bad consequence, heh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74