Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74

Author Topic: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!  (Read 137729 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen London : Explore Neil Gaiman's Victorian London ... in your browser!
« Reply #990 on: January 07, 2017, 01:47:08 pm »

Ended up getting the "Gleam" one. Do they ever have any further story or anything attached to them? I was expecting something more when I picked it...

Some things about your destiny are things you can move towards when you hit endgame, but none of them are actually achievable. When I got completely burnt out and decided to quit, I took my destiny (a certain Gloom) as my excuse to do so, set a fixed list of not-particularly-easy goals that were as close to achieving my destiny as possible at the time, and used it to end my time in FL in roughly as satisfying a manner as seemed possible. Ultimately, FL is about the story, and doesn't have an end, so there's a lot of things that are - and probably never will be - resolved, or even meaningfully advanced...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 07, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »

Similarly, I went Light Fingers and it never being finished contributed in part to me stopping playing Fallen London.

It's one of those games that you should love intensely, and then walk away from. Honestly the best part of FL is when you're new and the whole game is open to you. You go from one interesting story to the next and it all feels interwoven. However in the late game, that is replaced by picking over FL's bones to find the corner things you haven't completed, which cannot possibly hold up to the breadth of the new player experience. It's not a dig against the game (much), it's just the reality of narrative heavy games I think.

That said, I've always felt Failbetter has an issue with follow through. They make a lot of content but are bad about wrapping things up. They demonstrated in Sunless Sea they CAN do it, but their flagship product doesn't get the love and extended support it should IMO. I think I went a straight year where the only thing new I saw added to the game were Exceptional Friends storylines. Which is their prerogative, of course. But it should not comes as a surprise that player retention falls off after PoSI.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 08, 2017, 01:40:22 am »

SAIL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgIqecROs5M
hahaha, hahahahaha...

Sorry, I thought that was funny last night >.>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:19:13 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:51 am »

My destiny is Memory, which is rather beautiful I think. "You will change beyond all understanding, but something of you will remain." I wonder what I will become . . .

I also seek to advance the Liberation of Night.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 08, 2017, 12:08:38 pm »

I'm a Premium version of Memory, which is The Road, because I'm not traveling with a bunch of kinslaying bastards, thanks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: January 08, 2017, 04:02:59 pm »

You bastard :-*
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:30 am »

My destiny is Memory, which is rather beautiful I think. "You will change beyond all understanding, but something of you will remain." I wonder what I will become . . .

Ooo, destinies! :3
I...by chance, got the Destiny of the Sky (pictured by camels on a trail?) and after consulting the wiki because this whole destinies really burned a hole in my curiosity, found that it's quite a nice path to take alongside the rest.

...I plan to probably get back into Fallen London. If ONLY to farm those making waves, for the Notability that gets lessened every week -.- (I just want to level to Agent! Gah!)
And I lack any knowledge on how to farm it. :I

Wish I could advance these things ._. But whenever I try thinking about it, I peer back into Fallen London and everything is a ton of stuff to go sift through. This is a good thing, mind, but I'm just lost with all the plotlines thanks to RL! D:

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:10 am »

I like the supernatural, I want it to expand.  :P
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oskar636PL

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 14, 2017, 02:22:12 pm »

Hello, I just started playing this game so I want to post my twitter name :
 TheMostRandomPerson      @Randomrandomero
( I was desperatly trying to remove my real name from twitter, don't judge me for that nickname ) and my account in-game is Oskar636.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 15, 2017, 03:35:08 pm »

Does anyone have any advice on how a relatively new player should use a "mood"? I'm sitting at 61/14/63/20 stats, and have unlocked the Forgotten Quarter and Wolfstack Docks.

I drew "A little omen" a couple days ago, and when checking around trying to figure out what a "mood" was I got the impression it was a pretty rare and sought-after card in the late game. I couldn't think of a good use for it, so I've been holding on to it since then.

Just now, though, I drew "a dusty bookshop" which seems to be more of the same. I can't have both clogging up my hand so I'll want to use at least one of them, but I'm not sure what I could do that wouldn't seem like a waste of what sounds like a temporary major stat boost.

Anyone have any thoughts? Or am I overthinking this and overestimating how good these are?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 15, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »

IIRC moods are just boosts to a stat for a little while, like maybe an hour or two. Whenever I got them I never had anything really ready that would benefit from them. They're rare, but not super useful IMO.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 15, 2017, 03:55:53 pm »

They seem really rare, and the boost was 30 points.  I used it to just barely get my dangerous to 100 for the Person of Some Importance requirement.  Only lasted about an hour, but saved me a lot of time grinding the stat I'm least interested in.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: January 15, 2017, 04:11:15 pm »

I played Sunless Sea and found myself really into the world and lore. I made an account for Fallen London, realized it was one of those wait to regenerate actions kind of games and dropped it. That's just not a model I'm into.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 15, 2017, 05:30:01 pm »

I get that, and admit I have a weakness for them...  I enjoyed Swarm Simulator, and even Kittens Game.  Or should those be in the other order?

Regardless, I'd just like to brag that I finally gained access to the Bazaar side streets!  I was romancing in the Shuttered Palace for a while, but I'm glad I didn't complete that route.  I... finished business with a certain Cheesemonger instead (finally got some luck with card draws).  I'll say no more *touches nose*.

Not that I won't revisit the Palace and continue being fascinating sometime, but honestly?  Veilgarden does it all better.   More honest.
I never said that. *wink*
She/they

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 15, 2017, 06:56:13 pm »

I get that, and admit I have a weakness for them...  I enjoyed Swarm Simulator, and even Kittens Game.  Or should those be in the other order?

Regardless, I'd just like to brag that I finally gained access to the Bazaar side streets!  I was romancing in the Shuttered Palace for a while, but I'm glad I didn't complete that route.  I... finished business with a certain Cheesemonger instead (finally got some luck with card draws).  I'll say no more *touches nose*.

Not that I won't revisit the Palace and continue being fascinating sometime, but honestly?  Veilgarden does it all better.   More honest.
I never said that. *wink*
I actually just finished up the Shuttered Palace storyline, and quite enjoyed it. My favorite part was getting kicked out of the Palace. In short, it's a worthwhile payout for the investment. I'm looking forwards to the Foreign Office line, but I want to become a Significant Individual first.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74