Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 94023 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature script - Horses of Myth (and of mundanity)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 07:56:27 am »

The script is updated to v0.8. Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are a few more sheep types - I actually only wanted variety in the names, but it turned to a bit more.
A basic implementation of SOUND tags is in - you'll hear bleating and neighing, and a few other things, in adventure mode where the generated creatures are.
A number of numbers are now randomized - in most cases slightly, but syndrome durations are more random.

The script now also generates a new file - pedia_random_myth_horse. It isn't needed for the game, but gives a basic look at the creatures that the script generated, by sorting them into groups, and giving the names, sizes, and descriptions.

There is a second script file in the zip now - horse_myth_no_check - it skips checking the existing creatures for duplicates, which might have been Chromasphere's problem (remember that each run of the script deletes the previous generated files in that folder).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 02:18:07 pm »

I love what you have done here and was wondering if I could use it in conjunction with my Creatures Deluxe mod to add random creatures for the good/evil and benign/savage landscapes, I would want to modify it to possible generate more than just horse type creatures. Would this be ok with you?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

Sure. I've started to expand beyond horse types in the posted script already, so branching out further should be relatively easy (I actually added minotaurs into the script on a whim already).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 07:42:47 pm »

VERY cool!  I like the pedia as it makes for quick lookup of what was just created.  The animals are more diverse and interesting too.  Both scripts in this version work perfectly fine.  Thank-you for your creativity!
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 03:18:52 pm »

Good to hear that the pedia file is appreciated and works as intended. Odd that both scripts work this time around. I guess it might have simply been a random crash.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:06 pm »

Sure. I've started to expand beyond horse types in the posted script already, so branching out further should be relatively easy (I actually added minotaurs into the script on a whim already).

I haven't had a lot of time to work on expanding this yet. Was going to start looking at it this week, but what wondering if you had done any more work on it yourself (would hate to redo something you've already done).

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 06:49:28 am »

I haven't done much yet apart from the minotaurs outside of preliminary planning and looking where I can do some needed cleanup - mostly I added more creature tags, an alignment tweak so that the HOLY symbol doesn't automatically mean good (most appropriate words are in the GOOD symbol already), and child age changes. I've created a separate vermin script that's still very basic, too, but mostly I've been on some other projects.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 11:51:42 am »

Alrighty, hopefully I will have some time this upcoming week to take a look at this. Thanks again!

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 03:05:52 pm »

So it seems this mod has been dead for a while, that's a real shame, but I was wondering if there are any plans to update this to the newer version of DF? Because this along with the plant script are the two coolest mods I've seen and random creatures seem like something that would make the game far more awesome.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »

Plans, yes. I just need to get off my backside and do it. I also need to work on my time management skills, I guess.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 03:32:35 pm »

This looks good. I hope to see it improve and branch out into more and more creature types.

GirlInHat was making a similar contraption sometime last year, but never really got past the planning stage. I mean, she got it to spit out a dragon entry for someone that was obsessed with dragons and wanted a random dragon script, but after that it just died...

Hah, it generated a "fatewool ewe" creature. "A small sheeplike animal of which only females are known to exist and that lives almost anywhere. This creature has a tough hide. It is prized for its wool. It is unaging. Its attacks are of great velocity."

A sheep whose wool lets one see their fate? The dorfs will love it!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:03:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »

Thanks for the reply knight, I really like the look of this so far, I am having an issue with it not generating any creatures and keeping the language file, I used both scripts, do you have any suggestions for what I need to do? I also followed the instructions to get version 2.7 of python, so I don't think it is that.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:23 am »

Thanks for the reply knight, I really like the look of this so far, I am having an issue with it not generating any creatures and keeping the language file, I used both scripts, do you have any suggestions for what I need to do? I also followed the instructions to get version 2.7 of python, so I don't think it is that.
I'm not really sure, other than to try again. I know I resolved some problems in the unreleased version that might be the culprit, but it's been a bit since I changed that. I think there was a rare problem with extraordinary features (where a creature could expect more features than the script was prepared to give them), and I think at least one more.

This looks good. I hope to see it improve and branch out into more and more creature types.
There's a few more coming in the next version - minotaurs, goat types (mostly supernatural ones), pig types (mostly natural ones), and large cats (lions, leopards, and panthers right now, but that should be expanded before release). It's pretty much a "Beasts of Myth (and of mundanity)" script now.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 09:04:21 am »

There's a few more coming in the next version - minotaurs, goat types (mostly supernatural ones), pig types (mostly natural ones), and large cats (lions, leopards, and panthers right now, but that should be expanded before release). It's pretty much a "Beasts of Myth (and of mundanity)" script now.
Wow! That sounds amazing, and I did get the script to work, and am thoroughly enjoying the creatures. I'm very much looking forward to the next update, good luck with it!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 02:02:55 pm »

I'm enjoying it too, but it appears to be having a bit of a problem with some of the tags:

Spoiler: 5kb errorlog (click to show/hide)

There is a "HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS" but not a "STANDARD_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS" in my body_detail_plan_default.txt. I'm not sure whether I deleted it or not at some point. Anybody else notice this in their errorlogs?

CE_NAUSEA also can't target a specific bodypart, so that's an issue. The last one would appear to be that you're using the old material breath attack tag instead of the new interaction system.

For a more recent material breath attack, it should look like this:

Oh, and it also doesn't like some of the color modifiers. Those are always tricky to track down...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12