Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 93773 times)

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature script - Horses of Myth (and of mundanity)
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 02:26:54 pm »

CE_NAUSEA also can't target a specific bodypart, so that's an issue. The last one would appear to be that you're using the old material breath attack tag instead of the new interaction system.

For a more recent material breath attack, it should look like this:

I think the issue is simply that the current version was built using the previous version of DF, so there are bound to be some errors, and the same goes with the material breath attacks, I remember that those got changed around a bit at the time of evil fogs and rains, or it might have been slightly earlier, either way it would seem that the next version should fix that issue. As for your first problem, try generating the creatures on a legacy version of 31_25 and then moving the body_random_myth_horse and the creature_random_myth_horse to the version you are using now, that might help.

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 03:12:03 pm »

You only realize how awesome this mod is when you have a bunch of thunder sheep merrily floating around your fortress and the only thing you can think is how awesome it would be to have thunder wool clothes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »

Yeah, the bugs you've mentioned are fixed for the next version already. I also have the tongues and toe changes already in, and spittle is also moved to the interaction framework. I'll try to release it tomorrow. I'm not quite sure where HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS comes from. It seems to have been removed quite fast after I created the script, but it used to exist. Wait, STANDARD_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS. Either way, it's fixed already.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:17:33 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 12:24:46 am »

Oh. Alrighty then!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 11:14:06 am »

The update has been posted. Here's the change log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As previously mentioned, goat types are largely supernatural - goats, capritaurs, goat men, satyrs, and blendecs. Pig types are largely natural - boars, hogs, swine, pigs, babirusas, and boar fiends. Large cat types are fully natural right now - lions, leopards, panthers, tigers, jaguars, cheetahs, and lynxes.

The download now also includes a very basic random vermin script, numbered 0.1. It creates spiders (spiders, weavers, recluses), flies, rats and mice, worms, and beetles (beetles, bugs).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature scripts
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 11:41:58 am »

Hey knight, I remember using this back in the day, but I don't really remember how easy it was to modify.

Is it possible to make the program add a tag to all creatures it generates?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 11:46:12 am »

Yeah. Find a convenient place (say, after the biomes are generated and added), and add
Code: [Select]
    return_data.append((['your tag name here'],[]))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 11:53:29 am »

Sweet, I will have to play around with this then. Especially with all the new additions. I'm pretty well versed in python (use it for my job) so let me know if you need any help.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:29 pm »

Thanks for the offer. Right now I've got things quite well in hand (or bookmarked at least), but if I encounter problems I can't solve alone, I'll let you know.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 04:12:59 pm »

Thanks for the update Knight, keep up the good work!  :D

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 07:54:12 pm »

I'm having an issue, it states that there is an improper indentation in the code so it won't run, is anyone else getting the problem?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 04:25:47 am »

Weird. An errant space sneaked in in the line with YELL, if you want to fix it yourself. Otherwise, I've uploaded a fixed version.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:18 am »

I'm getting an error message of
Code: [Select]
NameError: global name 'big_cat_types' is not defined poking around a bit, apparently changing the line to large_cat_types seems to have fixed it.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 06:30:16 am »

Oy, how'd that go through? Thanks, I've fixed it on the dffd.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 10:27:58 am »

Alright, the fix worked. Lucky too because I couldn't get pyscripter working to try to fix it myself.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12