Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 93261 times)

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.02] Random Raw Scripts - New Version Update update
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2018, 05:01:34 pm »

So the magma sharks/anhydrite night sharks came out of the magma and are now crawling around on land and in the cavern lakes. The "It is a strictly water-dwelling creature" appears to be slightly misleading.
That's interesting. I'm assuming that NOBREATHE somehow overrides IMMOBILE_LAND, which should prevent that behavior otherwise. (And yes, that they're appearing in magma is a surprise as well.)

One idea, gurps has a ultra detailed random alien/specie generator, at gurps space.

Make a program that generate an random alien and make a df version of it.
That would be GURPS Space for 4th Edition? I do have some plans for a script that would create weirder creatures, but it's not quite a priority at the moment.
YES

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2018, 05:45:13 am »

So I'm correct in understanding this doesn't create civs to encounter?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2018, 12:56:36 pm »

So I'm correct in understanding this doesn't create civs to encounter?
The Random Entities script does create civilizations that can be encountered in fort mode, and most of them can be played as adventurers as well. The Beasts of Myth script currently does not, however.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 18, 2019, 01:02:14 pm »

Question, do these scripts still work by reading in the raws and creating random creatures etc... from there?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2019, 01:25:28 pm »

Yes, that's still how they work.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2019, 01:33:45 pm »

Thanks, I've been working on my own random raws scripts which are modifications of random D&D world scripts I wrote that use external templates and I wanted to make sure I wasn't just re-inventing the wheel and wasting my time.

acognito

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 02, 2019, 09:39:12 pm »

Right now this no longer seems to work with the masterwork mod. I was playing around with generating new random creatures and an error log showed up:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1547, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "D:\Rougelikes\Dwarf Fort\Beast Myth\random_scripts_gui.py", line 1378, in <lambda>
    generate_button = Button(script_choice_frame,text='Generate',command=lambda: button_go_through_scripts())
  File "D:\Rougelikes\Dwarf Fort\Beast Myth\random_scripts_gui.py", line 1153, in button_go_through_scripts
    get_inorganics_data(directory,symbols,words,words_nouns)
  File "D:\Rougelikes\Dwarf Fort\Beast Myth\random_raw_script_includes\sphal_data.py", line 6044, in get_inorganics_data
    words[mat] = [['NOUN',inorganic_names[mat],''],['FRONT_COMPOUND_NOUN_SING'], ['REAR_COMPOUND_NOUN_SING'], ['THE_COMPOUND_NOUN_SING'], ['THE_NOUN_SING'], ['OF_NOUN_SING']]
KeyError: 'SLIME_HOT'

If I toggle on all the random creatures Meth pre-generated, the game would simply not run. Does anyone have a solution to this? :-[

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2020, 05:27:24 pm »

I apologize for not seeing this problem earlier. The scripts now shouldn't choke on unexpected inorganic types.

The remainder of the changelog is as follows:

Beasts of Myth:
# v 1.6
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entity creatures:
# v 0.55

Random Vampires:
# v0.26 Changelog
# Assuming combat form now uses the DEFEND usage hint.

Random vermin
# 0.79
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2020, 11:43:04 am »

I was using the Random Entities generator a couple days ago, and I was wondering about a few things. How many government types are there, and how likely is each one to be generated? Are some governments more likely to pop up than others?

I apologize if this was a waste of your time, but I was simply curious about this aspect of the scripts in general and desired to know more about them.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2020, 11:38:05 am »

I'm sorry for missing your question until now!

There are, depending on how you count, five to seven civ government types - Monarchy/Theocracy, Tribal/Druidic, Council, Knightdom, and Overlord (also random and none, technically, which I think both come out as generated positions right now). For the purpose of the script, all seven need to be generated.

The chances for each depend on a few things, such as their site types, the entity's adjective and word-symbol, so I can't quite put exact numbers on them. It starts with a bit of a bias for monarchy and knightdom (I think that may be an artifact of testing) and a stronger bias for random. A dark fortress civ for example gets a stronger bias for the overlord government type.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Hexatona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 17, 2021, 12:10:45 pm »

I just want to say - I absolutely love this Utility and I'm so happy it exists - always adds that extra spice to my DF World!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]