Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 18779 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »

Link to the game that made me think of starting this. It is made of awesome. Whether this RTD will be made of awesome or not depends on if I'm awesome or not. I don't believe I am.

Yeah, Tarran IS awesome. He asked for someone to run a game so he could play too, and deal with the ridiculous waiting list overload. So, here I am running an alternate game. I've added a few things into body, so you might want to look over before posting your sheet. Feel free to suggest ANYTHING and I'll try to add it. Creativity is awesome!

Also, if you want on *my* waiting list, PM me your sheet, don't post it here.

So, this is obviously an RTD that allows you to play as a dragon and screw up the world!

WARNING: BELOW IS A RANDOM MESS OF SPOILERS THAT ARE LIKELY NOT LISTED IN ANY UNDERSTANDABLE ORDER, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How I will roll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: About dragons... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragaracter sheet (click to show/hide)

Players:
1: Tarran
Spoiler: Duratan (click to show/hide)

2: IronyOwl
Spoiler: Agaronix (click to show/hide)

3: Draignean
Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

4: Haika
Spoiler: Alvrea Markon'vie (click to show/hide)

5: Wolfchild
Spoiler: Urenth (click to show/hide)
6: Ahra
Spoiler: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)

Waiting list:
UltimUHNGH
Nega?
RAM
Micelus

The Legends

1. Asabragr the Brave
21 DP
A Black Dragon who barely lived a day-slain by Dwarves in valiant defense of his sister.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:45:19 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon-Deluxe Edition
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 02:59:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:14:33 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:03:26 pm »

Dragon Knowledge

Lore

Known Factions
Spoiler: Cult of Anyur (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Church of the Maker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:24:16 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »

there, happy now?
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:15:29 pm »

Don't get snippy with me!

*breathes fire on Ahra*

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:49:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm pretty sure I got everything right, not sure about measuring the stats from the color though.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:58:48 pm »

Oh the copy-paste-manatee!

Anyway, for once in a game, I'll see if I can make a character who isn't totally based of of real-life me! Let's see how far I go from my own personality while still staying partially true to my likings!

Name: Duratan.
Body:
  Head: Very Rough
  Horns: Large horns
  Claws: Normal claws
  Scale Color: Black (I just noticed, I screwed up, it's supposed to ADD Evilness, not SUBTRACT it. I'll fix it in mine, please do the same.)
  Scale Type: Standard
  Body length: Long
  Spiritual Essence: Ancient Soul
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Blade end
  Breath: Fire
Stats: All non-red. REMEMBER TO FACTOR IN YOUR GENDER AND BODY PARTS PLEASE. And remember to add a plus or minus so I can quickly tell that you are getting it from your body part or gender. Each stat starts at 50 points. And you have 20 bonus points. So in total you have 270 points to work with.
  Strength: 50+10-10
  Agility: 60-5-5+5
  Intelligence: 50-5+15
  Toughness: 40+10+5
  Charisma: 70-5+10+5+5-15
Roleplaying:
  Personality: Distant, stubborn, does what is right, kind, unfriendly, pessimistic, unresponsive, self-reliant, self-disciplined, Insensitive, and suspicious. (basically, he hates the world and everything it stands for but still helps people from the bottom of his, very very old, heart.)
  Mother background: Anyur, daughter of one of the most destructive dragons ever known. She is old and wise, and kind-hearted. She is strong, and tough, but is not exactly agile, or a genius. She has a small following of--unforced--human followers that worship her as a god. Her brother is jealous of her, but tolerates her being his neighbor. She is caring, considerate, friendly, honest, hard-working, responsible, frugal, vain, social independence, and serious. She is also very territorial. Moreso than most female dragons.
  Father background: Halos (Ha-los, not Hey-loes), "God Of Greabrig Mountain". He is a VERY POWERFUL dragon. Naturally, due to his name, he almost literally "owns" Greabrig Mountain. He has a wealth of gold, and has some forced Vassal cities. This, however, has lead to MANY people trying to kill him. However, he somehow survives. He is strong, agile, tough, and intelligent. He's also reasonably good at talking. He is somewhat old. He is cold, uncaring, selfish, silly, self-reliant, vain, lazy, hostile, rigid, and unforgiving. But less so to people who are closer to him.

With 70 Charisma, likely sky-high intimidation and evilness, Duratan is likely the most badass dragon ever seen.

Who really isn't all that special inside besides the slightly higher than average Intelligence.

Non-generic or mostly non-generic character? Y/N?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:00:29 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

Darnit. Waitlist me I guess.
Raggle Fraggle

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:11:34 pm »

Niftyness. I'll work up my character then edit with my dragonsheet. *wisedragonnod*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:15 pm »

To answer questions Ironyowl fielded me...

So, is there a point to having over 81 in a stat? Cause... it's looking like I might end up with 95 Cha. >_>

1st question-I guess if your competing with someone, and earn similar rolls, you'll use your extra points as a tie breaker. More generally, I'll be counting stats entirely differently for some things.

For example Random Dragon Hunter A, given a choice between your 95 cha Dragon and one with 60, is 75% more likely to choose you. Stuff like that.

Also, how easy and slow is "very" with regards to scale removal/regrowth?

Well...a very young dragon would regenerate lost scales in five turns. Loose scales attribute would be half that, rounded up. Mirror or tight scales take twice as long to regrow-ten turns. As you get older, you'll generally start adding 5 turns per growth phase.

You lose scales from say, taking a critical hit-natural 6+max damage roll, or losing more than 20-25% HP a combat round, modified by your scale choice of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 05:05:01 pm »

Dwarmin, Black scales subtract evilness instead of adding evilness. And white in the description is supposed to be black. I made two mistakes there. The minus is supposed to be a addition: You look eviler black, not nicer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:06:49 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 05:11:52 pm »

So many black dragons in this group. o.o
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »

i were the first one... YOU COPYCATS!!!
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:32 pm »

Uh, wow. I didn't even notice. I just skimmed over everyone else's character.

Obviously some random black dragon has been mating with the rest of the entire dragon race.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 05:23:52 pm »

Watching.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15