Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 18782 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon-Deluxe Edition
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 05:35:04 pm »

How many players are there going to be at a time?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »

I'm taking five, plus Tarran gets the bonus slot that goes away when someone dies.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 05:41:23 pm »

My stats seem slightly messed up...

The Base should be.

str 65= 90  (+5, +10, +10)
Agi 85= 65 (-15, -5, +5, -5)
Int 30= 25 (-5)
Tough 60= 90 (+10, +10, +10)
Char 30=40 (+10, +5, -5)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 05:41:39 pm »

Well, let's face it- black is a classy color. It probably also helps that it's one of the only ones that gives good stat bonuses.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:53 pm »

i simply like black (and plan on making roaring descents in the middle of the night)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:59:48 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:54 pm »

My stats seem slightly messed up...

The Base should be.

str 65= 90  (+5, +10, +10)
Agi 85= 65 (-15, -5, +5, -5)
Int 30= 25 (-5)
Tough 60= 90 (+10, +10, +10)
Char 30=40 (+10, +5, -5)

VS

Strength: 50 (Long Tail +5, Warrior +10, +10 bonus, +10 Gender)=85
  Agility: 50 (Long Body -15, Long Tail -5, Warrior +5, -5 bonus, -5 Gender)=25
  Intelligence: 50 (-5 gender)= 45
  Toughness: 50 (Long Body +10, Warrior +10, +10 bonus, +10 Gender)=90
  Charisma: 50 (V. Rough Head, +10, Large Horns, +5, -5 bonus, -5 Gender) 55

You start with 50 plus a 20 bonus. Maybe you could list your bonuses/penalties to be more clear?

Right now I got

+10 Strength
+10 Toughness
-5 Agility
-5 Charisma

So, you've got ten extra points...?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 05:52:45 pm »

Every stat starts at 50. There are 5 stats. Meaning you have 250 points to move around. Then you have 20 additional points. Meaning in total you have 270 points to play with.

I was under the impression that 250+20 points to move around meant that they could be redistributed freely as long as the base attributes totaled 270.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 05:53:47 pm »

Uh, wow. I didn't even notice. I just skimmed over everyone else's character.

Obviously some random black dragon has been mating with the rest of the entire dragon race.
Don't look at me!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »

Every stat starts at 50. There are 5 stats. Meaning you have 250 points to move around. Then you have 20 additional points. Meaning in total you have 270 points to play with.

I was under the impression that 250+20 points to move around meant that they could be redistributed freely as long as the base attributes totaled 270.

yeah, they can. But could you list them then? It's easier for me to work from a base of 50, plus modifiers.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 06:07:00 pm »

yeah, they can. But could you list them then? It's easier for me to work from a base of 50, plus modifiers.

Fine fine.

Str 50 (+5 long tail, +10 Gender, +10 No breath, +15) 90
Agi 50 (-15 V.long body, -5 long tail, +5 No breath, -5 Gender, +35) 65
Int 50 (-5 Gender, -20) 25
Tough 50 (+10V. Long body, +10 No breath, +10 Gender, +10) 90
Cha 50 (+10 V.Rough head, +5 Long Horns, -5 Gender, -20) 40

There, now the last number of each column is the reshuffle.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 06:44:49 pm »

Well, let's face it- black is a classy color. It probably also helps that it's one of the only ones that gives good stat bonuses.
Not really. Gold also gives stat bonuses.

Also, DWARMIN, PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

Dwarmin, Black scales subtract evilness instead of adding evilness. And white in the description is supposed to be black. I made two mistakes there. The minus is supposed to be a addition: You look eviler black, not nicer.
Or, extremely simplified, This:

"Black: People view you more evilly for being white. But you are also more attractive. Commonly associated with any dragon. -5 Evilness +5 Charisma."

Should be:

"Black: People view you more evilly for being black. But you are also more attractive. Commonly associated with any dragon. +5 Evilness. +5 Charisma."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 07:04:46 pm »

I know. It's a minor typo. I could fix it anytime. Yet, I have not done so, yet, even though I was aware of it. :P

Also, since so many you guys all chose Black Dragons, I'm going to drop some prophecy on you.

4th Prophetica, Line 187, Book of Ganticla

On the day when the Moon eats the Sun, and the King is struck down by an thrown stone, four Black Dragons will be born to clutches in the East, West, North and South. If a thousand years passes, and even one of these Dragons remains alive, the oceans will boil, the sky will burn and your children will become abominations before your very eyes as Chaos engulfs the World. Lest we not be prepared...the four Black Dragons must be staked and burned atop the highest mountain in the kingdom to avert this tragedy.

So saith the Makers Will, amen.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 07:09:49 pm »

Hooray people will be trying to kill us the entire game!

You're a jerk, Dwarmin! :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

what but i wanted to become an protector of an town  :'(
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »

Three or four black dragons born on one day is quite an amazing occurrece. :P

Also, if you guys live past the thousand years and the world doesn't end, you'll have discredited and destroyed a major Religion by disproving it's Prophecy. That's a goal!

@Ahra: Not everyone believes that... That particular religion is very anti-Dragon, though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15